FanFiction.Net
for Tie A Yellow Ribbon

1/25/2021 c6 3alix33
Last Monday I had an interview which lead to my getting my first ever job as a freelance proofreader. The author whose manuscript I will be proofreading (she's couriering it to me Friday this week. She's currently stuck in KwaZulu-Natal, one of South Africa's four coastal provinces, because of the heavy rains and infrastructure damage caused byTropical Storm Eloise (KwaZulu-Natal borders Mozambique, which bore the brunt of Eloise's damage, as do Limpopo and Mpumalanga, two other provinces with borders with Mozambique, which also got heavy rains and flooding and damage to infrastructure because of it.). Once my interview had ended and as we were leaving the fast food place where we sat on the outdoor seating of the patio for the interview, I talked to her a little about how I (always an introvert and misanthrope) am even more intimidated than ever before by the thought of interacting with even people I know well now that I am laid off and unemployed. She asked if I didn't have PTSD after the layoff process (according to section 189 of the South African labour relation laws, there are IMO interminable meetings and consultations involved in every layoff process. If I were to name those interminable meetings and consultations I would call them institutional cruelty). There where Danny mentioned post-traumatic stress, it made me think of my client's question to me.
1/24/2021 c4 1beingKitKat
I think you are brilliant in capturing and portraying how CJ deals with things that are super personal to her, her defense mechanism and everything. And also how Josh is always taking it up upon himself to do things for others when he really cares. I already read chapter 5 by the time I left this review, so I’ll also say that Margaret’s attentiveness really really comes through as well. All in all, bravo! Cannot wait for chapter 6!
1/24/2021 c5 3alix33
I am profoundly and hugely impressed (also intimidated quite out of my gourd) by learning that Danny could cook. Or at least "made a mean chicken soup".
I knew probably ever since high school and early college when I developed and had a fascination with all things Irish (1990-1994) and know poitin, the drink Danny used to knock Katie out, by the spelling "poteen".
1/23/2021 c5 61babyphd
Please God, let this be good news.
1/22/2021 c4 3alix33
Danny's poor mom.
Poor Erin, his sister, too.
Poor Josh.
I should hope to God President Bartlet is disappointed in CJ. If he isn't, I most certainly am disappointed in him.
1/21/2021 c3 alix33
I like ever word Toby said to CJ during their argument.
I will never read about Simon Donovan in a West Wing fic and not be moved.
Daisies are my favourite flower (along with cosmoses, the burgundy coloured ones), so I was more than just a tad pissed-off at CJ when she just blew off the intern offering her gerberas.
1/21/2021 c2 alix33
Poor Josh!
1/20/2021 c1 alix33
I liked the introductory chapter.
1/20/2021 c1 1beingKitKat
You can’t just stop there! How many chapters do you foresee going into this fic? Anyway, always looking forward to your work!