for Here We Go Again

2/8/2021 c3 2J.E.P 1996
Been a fan of yours since the first story. I do miss the crazy misfits this chapter but hopefully we see them as you said next one keep up the good work
2/8/2021 c3 SpudyPotato
Really awesome stuff man, keep it comin!
2/8/2021 c1 CommanderNova702
The prodigal legend returns to the folds, welcome back. :D Looking forward to reading more of your story!
2/8/2021 c3 GatFire
Wish I had more to say other than I'm liking what I've read so far. And personally I would keep the original up as well.
2/6/2021 c1 Ray
I'm looking foward to this story and best of luck with your rewrites and life
2/7/2021 c3 1Olav152
I've got high hopes.

Please keep the original story. It's too good of a read to just delete.
2/7/2021 c3 5NlaEid
And the battle is joined! Thanks for this update, what a way to start my week!

As for the old version, hell, why not keep it around? Shame it would be it for that little trip down nostalgia lane to just go *poof*
2/7/2021 c3 Mrgamergod91
that was a good chapter, can't wait for our lovable band of misfits to show up next or following chapters. asf you should delete the old version i say please don't it can be there as a alternate version of this story. you just can rename it like you said. hope you are doing well and see you next time.
2/7/2021 c3 3Modern Military Power
Damn, I didn't expect that this was coming back anytime soon. I'm really looking forward to see where this goes.
2/7/2021 c3 CommonwealthFlip
I think you should keep the old story and name as "Here We Go Again: First Edition", but up to you if you want to keep the old name
2/7/2021 c3 1TopHatGuy
I'm fairly sure ODAs don't have Team Sergeants. They've got an Assistant Commander which is a Warrant though, along with an Ops Sergeant and Intel Sergeant who are a MSGT and SFC alike.

I feel like Recker saying his entire unit to Stacker is a bit uh... unwieldy. Just a tiny bit of a mouthful when the embassy is under attack and every second matters. Just try saying it out loud, and you'll see it isn't the best piece of dialogue in the world. Saying something like, "Captain Recker, Green Berets. This is my Second in Commander, Chief Wong."

Also the part where Recker takes off his helmet, which eh... I kinda feel like that's unnecessary.

No mention of the magical beings or the otherworldly nature of the attackers from the meeting at the beginning. I somehow feel like that would be an important detail for the President to get briefed on, along with all the rest of the Joint Chiefs.

Also, SDBs would really be useful in this situation, as their low yield offers low chance of collateral along with high accuracy, combine that with careful target selection you'll have an incredibly low chance of collateral damage. Though the whole political issue of American fighters dropping bombs in the middle of Tokyo is an entirely other problem.

Besides that, not much else I've noticed. Good work.
2/7/2021 c3 pan0ply
I'd say keep the old version up and rename it. Even though I respected their decision, I've never personally agreed with authors who'd flat out delete entire stories because of XYZ reason. Usually, no matter how shit you think your story is, there'll always be someone out there who genuinely enjoyed it.
2/4/2021 c1 7Ikrani
The fact that "goober with a nationalistic agenda" is also a veteran terrifies me. He's not just some random "ra ra Okinawa!" mark, or whatever the equivalent to our "U-S-A, U-S-A" chant the Japanese had in WWII. He's seen the military from the inside. With that in mind, Gate seems like someone made the mistake of showing him "G.I. Samurai" and he just couldn't sleep that night without "fixing it."

Still, it's nice to see you taking another crack at this story. I only hope you don't make the same mistake the mangaka did and make all the battles hopelessly one-sided. Again: G.I. Samurai. There's a scene where the JSDF's superior weapons and vehicles get absolutely wrecked by sneaky trapdoor tactics, and it is amazing. Creativity is always fun to see in a story.
2/1/2021 c2 Guest
Let’s fuckin goooooooo!
1/31/2021 c2 Guest
update
306 « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »