for Risk It All

3h c15 Gerden360
Love the story so far hope you keep updating. Hope your not afraid to change the plot a bit, since you can always have the light adapt to keep things mostly on track.

Honestly the only thing I would change would be calling the magikarp a golden koi instead as I think everyone knows what is going to happen to it. In essence try not to give future events away with names.

Can't wait for your next chapter
14h c15 1Iron Rock man
I love this story, I love it.
no matter what others like, go ahead and give it your all

When I read these stories, I can't help but think of iron fist, THE IRON FIST.

And in JoJo's HAMON combined with kimetsu's Kagura dance.

For the sword I can only think of lake toya from Gintama combined with Haki
21h c15 Dedrick Jones
6/16 c15 Denzel Eristhee
I am sure if zatara knew that john constantine was the alternative to Ren he would be alot happier
6/16 c15 Itachi0179
I don’t see why ren should be on a team such as this, this is just forceful to make him in the team. I mean, he can just go on his own
6/15 c15 Reginald Farquaad
I get that it makes sense for the justice league to push for Ren to stay on their black ops team because it would give him (and them) some time to build experience before his fame could really start snowballing his abilities. It also probably helps you as the writer in avoiding him becoming too strong too fast. But I would really enjoy seeing the story defy our expectations and have Ren step away from the Team. I just think it would be cool to see him do his own thing with Wonder Woman in the world, as would the reactions of the Team both at his decision and how strong he gets.
6/15 c15 The Shadow Monarch
Cultivators are OP
love it
6/15 c15 Guest
I honestly dont understand why ren is staying with the team?
1) it is black ops team so it will stunt his growth
2) the team obvious has issues before he came and now with him there, robbin still hates him, kid flash will still act like a horny kid without his own opinion and aquaboy is probably still wary and distant so his presence will only add to the friction as superboy, megan and zatara will problem side with ren splitting the team in two
3)they have treated him horribly and honestly will not be teaching him much or at least it will take time before they do and so he will just be relying on batman and wonderwomen to teach him... which he could get without being on the team plus the whole mind fuck thing has put the justice league and probably heros in general into question for him.
4) his uncle is a major problem, he knows rens identity and fighting style plus his general whereabouts will be constantly watched which would/could cause major problems for the team and there missions especially as his uncle seems to want ren to grow faster which if anyone who knows who feya from danmachi is knows that is a very dangerous mindset.

6/15 c15 Guest
I honestly dont understand why ren is staying with the team?
1) it is black ops team so it will stunt his growth

All in all the cons of being on the team far outweigh the pros, he joined the team partially because batman said so and he honestly didnt understand the arrangement given to him as well as the thirst to learn more to live up to becoming a hero, from the basics to the secrets that the public may not see, he wanted both experience and knowledge that could help him mature faster and better as a hero than he would just fumbling on his own.
6/15 c15 1plebston323
Thanks for the chapter, glad to see the Leagues point of view regarding Rens progression. The comparison really shows how much a system can do.
6/15 c15 xXwolfsterXx644
Can't wait for the next update for this and the other stories
6/15 c15 3coldblue2015
Thanks for updating and this was a great chapter!

I think we got one more week with update to "Risk It All" then you have a week break and start reviewing again on July 5th...I could be wrong about when the break is though.

Diana Prince/Wonder Women:

This is a important POV from the Justice League and for being Ren Song/Koi mentor. She is 96 years old and has lived through World War II...perhaps even older. I am just going on "Young Justice" time line. Anyway, it was necessary that Wonder Women was there. Batman lectured Robin, Aqua Lad and Kid Flash; wish was probably desired from the readers...Still, this is different. "Young Justice" had Shazam and Red Tornado, with Batman as a overseer. Now? They got Batman and the Justice League attention more. I am glad that Wonder Women knows that Ren/Koi beliefs were shaken and he is uncertain, but he is still trying to be hero...What we got got Giovanni 'John' Zatara observation with Mystical Powers is that that...Ren/Koi soul is not something human and possible the beginning stages of developing divinity(God/Goddess). It is interesting to read Wonder Women fight the whole time. Yeah, the whole Team lost and there was good reason why. It seems that new recruits are well partner together while the senior trio are more accustom to each other...It also seems like Zatanna is developing attraction to Ren, whom probably does not notice. Ren abilities are something that Wonder Women respects and thinks Ren/Koi could be a Justice League level of power in 6 months. That is crazy. It also seems that Wonder Women assessment is correct. Ren/Koi responds to certain situation like Stimuli and manages to adapt/evolve along the way to learn to use new techniques that will grow more powerful over time.

Ren Song/Koi and Zatanna future relationship:

...I think Ren/Koi should be oblivious to Zatanna attraction to him. Why? So many things are happen in Ren/Koi life so quickly and the drama is building up. Plus...I bet Ren/Koi would question why Zatanna would find him attractive, being a new Hero and unsure about his standing with the Team and Justice League...I think that is what Zatanna would like about Ren/Koi. He so brand new and has some innocence of being Hero, but has terrifying potential that the Team and Zatanna will realize. Probably even Zatara mentioning to his daughter that...Ren/Koi might not be a human and more god-soul in a human body. Still, I bet Ren/Koi will help Zatanna out in confidence of her ability, just as she will with him. Eventually...they will grow close...My money on Zatanna being the BREAD WINNER in the relationship, given she is a Show-Women and capable of keeping her family business afloat, as well as make Millions of dollars for her performances alone...

Ren Song/Koi origins of his abilities or Cultivation Martial Arts:

I hope Batman and Wonder Women find something. With Batman, I could read Batman actual going back to his old teachers and finding someone who KNOWS that Cultivation Martial Arts is NOT a myth. Probably even question how Batman found out or that...the Song Clan informed Batman former teacher and allow this teacher/master of Batman to be fed some knowledge on the truth on Cultivation Martial Arts. As for Wonder Women...It would be great for a shout out to "The Gamer" Manwha comics, if Gaia the Primordial Goddess of Earth that predates the Titans, has a idea on Ren powers and has some connection with them in the past... Perhaps even Gaia using Ren/Koi as her Avatar/Representative, while creating a NEW God with Human origins.

Questions

1) Does Ren Song have three bullet wound marks on his forehead, where Black Mask shot him, and they are healed up as pucker healed scars?

2) When is Ren/Koi going to boost his Stats and how will this change his body/mind?

3) Are we going to have Ren/Koi buy something on Prestige Market for Sensing enemies, such as Seismic Sensing Tier/Rank from his Earth Bending or Qi Sensing or "One Piece" use of a Sixth Sense of Haki/Kenbunshoku Haki?

4) Should we expect Zatanna to come around Asia Town in Gotham City to visit Ren/Koi?

5) Will Guppy the Magikarp have more bonding time with Ren Song?

6) Could Atlantean Sorcery help Guppy and Ren understand each other with a telepathic link?

Suggestions

1) Nothing too serious. I figure Ren Song/Koi has three scar bullet wounds on his head... Maybe looking like three stars wounds on Ren left or right forehead. It depends on how you want that image to look. I figure that Ren/Koi has noticeable physical feature on his face or forehead. It would be constant reminder of why Ren became Koi and why he on the path of being a hero.

2) Something different...I keep picturing "One Punch Man", where Humans break parts of their limits. It is rather interesting to read that Ren durability goes up that his body does not have to worry about knife wounds or low caliber pistols. Something to show Ren body gone beyond...Human and into Meta-human territory. If not his body, then perhaps Ren mind becoming more intelligent to make calculations on Probability/Statistic, when making a gamble against enemy or financial decisions of investment.

3) Earth Bending could give Ren the ability to use Seismic Senses, like Toph and Aang used in "Avatar: the Last Airbender". Seismic Sensing would LIMIT Ren/Koi abilities with Sensing Enemies, but could be useful. If not that, maybe Qi Sensing on the table with "Dragon Ball Z" or other Manga's that feel out groups/individual Qi. That could be very expensive skill and only work on LIVING beings. The other route is "One Piece" where you can have Ren/Koi have partial Haki abilities. Kenbushoku Haki can sense Presence, Strength and even Emotions of others that gain a limited Precognition which that last one could be VERY overpowering in some areas and be very expensive on the Prestige Market.

4) That would be interesting...Zatanna does appear in Gotham City various times, but in "Risk It All" she would come by and visit Ren/Koi. I bet Zatanna going to notice Ren/Koi struggles, but also want to get know he because she...likes him. Ren/Koi would not know what to think about it, but he would be glad for company and learning more about Magic/Mystic Arts.

5) I hope so! I hope Guppy meets Zatanna or gets more Water Bending/Shaping time with Ren, to explore the room and not be stuck in fish tank. I want Ren/Koi to have a one-sided dialogue with Guppy, even if it just complaining about his day or even his moments of doubts. Maybe Ren trying to interpret Guppy feelings, like with how his Mother wanted Ren to see his Father and Guppy swimming in circles was interpreted by Ren as being upset with his fun time with Ren. Hell! Have Ren bring Guppy in a Fish Bowl and ask Aqualad/Kaldur if he can understand Guppy because of some Atlantean Sorcery to form a connection with Guppy or something.

6) Hey, I like that Ren Song is a Gamer and all, but it always good to have OUTSIDE help. It would be great if Ren and Kaldur bond as teammates and that the subject of that bond is Atlantean Sorcery, which could lead Ren to ask Kaldur if there was a way for human to understand a Fish. Even if Guppy a Spirit Beast, Magic should effect him. I figure it would be something Atlantean Sorcery users did in the past and perhaps even asking Queen Mera of Atlantis about potential Familiar Bonding ritual/connection.

Keep up the good work, stay safe and stay healthy!
6/15 c15 2FinalKingdomHearts
I look forward to the next chapter.
6/15 c15 6Creature of Grimm