for GATE: Journey in the New World

2/27 c28 Maroon567
thus everybody in the city

yeah i can only guess pina knew sooner or later when the empire attack nobody i mean nobody give rat ass if she's in there

ok gisselle, gordon ramsay, duke, i mean everybody is inside the city

and also give minister tanaka aspirin he's gonna have one hell of headache after this
2/27 c28 naufalrakha0104
Haha Gordon ramsay... Nah this is funny :)
1/23 c26 6DFMRCV
Right then, new chapter! More setup, more characterization, more worldbuilding, oh my.

Oh hey, Gisselle! One of the few other Gate characters that actually DOES something in the original canon... well... until she gets addicted to Japanese food and becomes indebted to a store in Alnus and then has to pay off the debt by working there.

Man,a power to surpass the Gate gods... Japanese merchandise...

Uh... What were we talking about?

Oh, right! Gisselle.

Her interactions with the Flame dragon here were... interesting. So, it seems the Flame Dragon is under some kind of dark magic spell? Which is VERY different from canon. Cause Gisselle is supposed to be able to control is, so that begs the question... what exactly did it? Also were the flying triangles planes or...?

Lore...

Then Gisselle is in an apartment... indebted because she's a glutton... L.O.L. That's more characterization for her canon personality than what we actually got in canon. Oh, wait, canon had to glorify Japan all the time, so Gisselle suddenly getting addicted to food only happens because Japanese food is "just THAT good" unlike all that gross fantasy medieval food.

Seriously, one would think Falamart would have SOME impressive foods given their access to friggin' MAGIC, but I digress. Good characterization; noticed the Spider-Man reference... actually makes sense for Gisselle if Hardy is obsessed with earth culture, but I digress.

Lucrecia... not sure if that's a town in Gate canon or in NHS canon, but it's interesting to have Gisselle living here because it's a young town that's been growing for the last century. Also interesting that she's been watching it grow as it was founded on her birthday. Though I wonder where she hides her dragons if she's living in a growing town that's a somewhat popular center for merchants. Again, good on the characterization here as Gisselle kind of misses her life as a normal person, which is something we never saw hinted with canon Gisselle but did with Rory, so it's good to see the inner monologue of characters. That said, it begs the question as to what she was doing several chapters ago in Tuka's village? Then again, she didn't chase her down, so... hmm...

But this is the set-up for the fact this is a fantasy world in a medieval era... and that means guilds... and Gisselle has to put up quests in the motel as well, Goblin Slayer style?

Cool.

Though what exactly that "myth" may be sounds like foreshadowing... curious...

And then the twist... Flame Dragon is mommy T-Rex from Jurassic Park 2.

Welp! Sucks for them then. Whatever group took her baby is probably screwed.

Anyway, overall it was a good chapter. Again, world-building is very much on point, and it's interesting to see the interactions of Gisselle with normal people in a way that isn't... you know... "oh wow, Japan, sugoi!"

...yeah, I'm not exactly a big Gisselle fan...

Again, good chapter, I do believe the story still has its own feel, which is still very unique here. Not much to complain about, to be honest. Wonder how the negotiations will go moving forward with this other nation. Looking forward to find out!
1/20 c26 Maroon567
okay first and foremost the cameo, well fine by me...any other isekai protag that got isekai'd to fallmart
raging from got hit by truck-kun to something stupidly but funny as having heart attack from tractor ( yes i'm looking at you kazuma) to something ridiculous such as the entire Classroom got transported by certain principality

but that's a good cameo actually

as for apostle can you ad bit of comedy like JSDF and USF encounter the most useless apostle ever live (*ahem* aqua *ahem*) aside from rory and probably gisselle

as for gisselle and the dragon i can say it was solid.

first the dragon, our dreaded Fire Dragon is actually went on continent wide rampage because of influence of dark magic consider the ridiculousness of Falmart,

as for gisselle it's nice to see change in her back story, and she's force to working in Inn, consider she got her asses handed by dragon the size of a destroyer...
1/20 c26 naufalrakha0104
Bacchus from Shingeki no Bahamut.. Nice
1/10 c25 DFMRCV
Alright, long chapter though it was more expository.

Also Tyuule, yay, but I'll get to her.

So... Molt is "not around" it seems. Yeah, that makes sense. Canon Molt didn't really add a lot even when he was in power, and his canonical actions are... erratic. This guy claiming to be speaking for him and actively expanding the Empire is... interesting. I like the idea of other countries reacting to the Empire's expansionist policies by literally cutting all ties in order to prevent invasion which is not too unrealistic I would argue (*cough* Switzerland *cough*).

Pina is... certainly different. She's being dragged along with the expansionist elements and does NOT like it, but there's clearly not much she can do. I think. I take it she has some influence but not to the point it can challenge the word of this "Adem" individual, especially when the policies are apparently making life somewhat better. It is interesting seeing her Rose knights be "commoners" here because I was always under the impression the Rose Knights were the daughters of Nobles who were friends of Pina and could afford the armor required to become a professional military order. But Pina is implied in canon to care for the people a lot, so this isn't out of character for her, and it's arguably more characteristic of her egalitarian nature (something the original canon did not explore) as you see her taking people who can't afford this and giving them work under her command.

Her dream at the beginning was also interesting and I wonder what figure she saw in the cemetery, but I can tell this is more of a set-up chapter. Rumblings within the Empire itself, a prelude to other things maybe hinting at things to come... presumably... it is interesting that the Empire does have some sense of modern morality which is another different factor the original Gate lacked, justifiably so I would argue since I come at it from a "battle of eras" angle, but if you're taking the NHS setting, then it only makes sense. So you technically can't have Zorzal just feeding troops into a grinder here... I think...

Anyway, uh... yeah, Tyuule!

Okay, first Noriko, which it's nice she's not in a situation like her canon counterpart, but also not exactly great as she can still be harassed, but not abused, which is, again, an interesting change as it makes the Empire at least look more humane.

That said, it begs a lot of questions regarding Tyuule.

Her canon character is one riddled with suffering and 3 years of torture by Zorzal's hands. In these circumstances, she wouldn't be her canon self... presumably. We didn't get a whole lot other than the fact she isn't as physically beaten down as she was in the original canon (she was never able to do what she did to that senator in the original Gate canon) and a hint at her tragic past.

Which begs the question... where on earth is Zorzal and how is he different? Cause if the empire is like this, with systemic safeguards for some corruption, then his genocide of the Warrior Bunnies would probably not be simply ignored. I guess Pina was wondering what he was doing in further regions, so I assume this was some kind of punishment, but... does the Empire still allow slavery and such? Would make for an interesting contradiction, but not impossible if Zorzal took Tyuule's offer, killed her people, and was then punished for it by being sent far away or something.

But if it was a punishment, then Tyuule has less incentive for revenge, which you kind of hint at here. I guess she would still be the beaten-down former queen, just less vengeful, but I do think it kind of takes something away from the original character... though that's just me.

But hey, this is a different setting and story and you've done pretty well so far. It was an overall good read, and here's hoping to see more!
1/5 c25 Maroon567
so in your fic, sadera is a dying empire try to get back to world stage...by buldozing everything in their path and Molt sudden health decline and de-throne and replaced is rather sus...

like mega sus...(insert among us imposter theme)

damn this is getting Game of Throne level shit vibe, or among us level imposter vs crew

Pina glad she get a rework, she still Patriotic but not idealistic or over patriotic or blind ''that empire is invicible level'' as shit.

But instead realistic know the fault of her own empire, i can only guess after her mother died and her father declining health, not to mention that MOTHERFUCKER running the whole show

I can only glad that Noriko and Tyuule has better fate with Tyuule still fought back even can secretly make Saderan Noble ''Disappear'' permanetly

so what next install for our princess
12/27/2021 c24 Maroon567
hey i just make a request...this one not for falmart or nihonkoku (can someone name the planet please) planet it self

but for earth itself mostly adding some element from resident evil and other game on earth history, you know since you ad duke in your fic and few element of resident evil 7 (even you add a magical twist in it).

could you imagine the expresion of falmartian native and maybe the princess and her knight when they told about raccoon city and bioterrorism and most importanly the terrifiying nature of the virus and it's B.O.W zombie, licker, tyrant you name it.

consider in one of the manga where rory and itami stumble upon a village that got hit by falmart version of zombie virus.

if you want...
12/22/2021 c23 8overlordwarhammer2019
En DC hay un arma que roba las almas de gente que asesina, en tu historia sería lógico que existan armas mágicas como esa para matar apóstoles y seres inmortales o intangibles, fundir una espada o daga así y convertirla en balas sería fácil.

Los dioses de gate: estaban en contra del desarrollo tecnológico, solo lo permitían hasta cierto punto, si alguien sobresalía demasiado con su ciencia mandaban a un apóstol para detenerlo, en la temporada 2 de la novela cuando Japón intento poner una refinería de petróleo rory solo la destruyo
12/22/2021 c24 overlordwarhammer2019
Muy bueno, seguiste los consejos del autor del Crossover con Shingeki no kyojin excelente.
Las fuerzas especiales de Japón y estados unidos podrían equiparse con herramientas para captura en caso de enfrentar seres inmortales con cosas como armas eléctricas, balas incendiarias, redes de acero, tranquilizantes de elefante y equipos encantados contra ciertos monstruos de los gremios de aventureros , balas santas,malditas,runas, hierro para demonios, vampiros o seres intangibles.

En nijonkoku shoukan original el dios sol es Amaterasu o sea que los dioses de la tierra son reales,
Y al parecer monjas,monjes,sacerdotes y similares comenzaron a manifestar magia, en tu historia eso podría ser posible gracias a las propiedades de ese mundo, bueno para combatir seres intangibles pero sería la única magia que podrían usar los humanos de la tierra, si la magia de traducción funciona en terrícolas porque no la fe con efectos más tangibles? Eso significa que gente que lleva rosarios y similares santificados por un sacerdote tendrá protección mínima contra demonios y fantasmas. Debe haber algún sacerdote en la base por la soldados heridos y muertos que de repente desea curar a un amigo y se cura un poco
12/20/2021 c24 6DFMRCV
...did you just make this a crossover with Here we go Again, too? Hoo boy, 15Zero is probably gonna mouth off about it on the discord.

...also, Freedom's Ring shoutout? Getting an anime in this version of earth? Come on, man, my suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far! Unless Gordon Ramsay disappearing somehow led to me getting some kind of fortune to produce it in that world?

...Butterfly effect is weird...

That aside I actually don't have too much to say about the chapter. It's a pretty good setup for the arc as it begins, we're already seeing the tactic of the more experienced US forces moving outwards while the JSDF focuses on humanitarian work all while the civvies set up their new homes. It's what both sides are good at.

Okay, one thing I do have to commend is you having our side consistently gathering intel from the locals. I've complained enough about the canon series failing miserably on that sector, missing information about the Warrior Bunnies, Rondel, the Vassal Kingdoms, Italica, and the capital itself and then going "wait, that's a thing" when it becomes a factor in some way.

Something about the Warrior Bunny description feels off but that's probably because this is more of an AU, and the people here are a bit more accepting of Warrior Bunnies than the canon Empire as there are various other nations to be involved; whereas, in the original canon, most were enslaved or homeless and disliked due to their history and they all openly hated Tyuule. That is one thing I have to commend Gate on when it did go for the "the Empire is very similar to ancient Rome" but it's of course come with its own set of issues like the aforementioned JSDF not bothering to look into it.

You know my status as a Tyuule fan, she is my favorite Gate character, and I look forward to seeing her... not exactly sure about Hitoshi suddenly growing interested in her by just word of mouth, and I'm not sure where you plan on taking his story, but I do look forward to it.

Characterization is still pretty much on point, Tuka and her father are still recovering from what happened, Lelei, Cato, and Rory are sharing their knowledge with their new allies while having their own interests, and you can see the contrast between the US Military and the JSDF in a way that isn't really condemning one or the other, just showing they focus on what they do best.

Again, good setup chapter

Now, you have "Qua Toyne", a nation smart enough to pull a Switzerland and shatter all connections to Sadera to prevent invasion, be it bridge, road, or otherwise.

Based.

Also, we have a... creature in a ship?

I'm sure nothing sinister is happening THERE. That dark storm and tense atmosphere probably isn't foreshadowing anything... probably.

Good read. Keep up the good work, my guy.
12/17/2021 c23 alphafirst100
This is different than I thought, Keep up the great work! Looking forward future chapters :D
12/17/2021 c22 8overlordwarhammer2019
Excelente inicio escritura, pero una parte de mi decía "por dios, que aburrido que alguien mate a alguien!" Eres bueno pero muy lento, 24 capítulos y no hubo casi acción, el transfondo de los personajes es bueno, de eso no me quejo. pero a pesar que los capítulos son largos, tardaste 24 capítulos para el preludio
12/17/2021 c23 6DFMRCV
Interesting... Very interesting to see the Coalition pushing out of Alnus, at least.

Looking forward to future chapters, by the way.
11/22/2021 c22 DFMRCV
Hmm... okay.. slow chapter, more slice-of-life but... not bad.

"Tyuu-li".

Foreshadowing is foreshadow-y. Seems you're setting up a meeting with Tyuule and Furuta, who I'm glad to see is a bit more tolerable here than his canon-self who... the less I say the better. Though I do feel that I'm being teased a bit, but I digress.

Oh, and Gordon Ramsay was mentioned... heh. Would *love* to see Gordon Ramsay yelling at Canon Furuta cause that guy was positively insufferable when it came to his duties. Pretty sure your version of Furuta would fare much better with the head chef of Hell's Kitchen.

The tidbit about the demi-human population in Coda village felt a bit tacked on, I guess. I don't recall anyone mentioning them prior to this point, which may have been less abrupt for the appearance of a Warrior Bunny, especially since there's supposed to be very few of them... then again, Coda village here is clearly much larger, and you did a good job handwaving away why a demi-human wouldn't have been noticed, so I can't complain.

The JSDF characters chatting about the spirits and stuff... it's not bad. I like how we are seeing much more of them comparing this new world to ours, something Gate would occasionally mention, but I can list the "differences" in one hand (demi-humans, magic, it's apparently warmer than Japan, and one 4-Koma implied the gravity may have been a bit different) so it's very nice seeing the characters noting the differences here... but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't as intrigued here. But that's probably just me. Not as much tension or story happening (other than more hints of Shino getting interested in Kurata, which... wonder how THAT will go down given Kurata's own interests) but it's fine for characterization. There just wasn't as much of it here as it was more or less the JSDF troops chatting about the ghosts and how Furuta nearly blew himself up.

Cato and Hodor talking was done alright, a nice somber moment although it was more of a reminder about Rondel being its own thing which is something I've forgotten to touch on. Rondel here keeps getting hinted at as being an actual city of learning magic, not just "oh, it exists" like in Gate canon. Since fantasy isn't really my strong suit (or even something that interests me usually) it's very easy for me to forget how insanely creative people can get with their worldbuilding of fantasy world. Like... Rory here was a teacher at Rondel, and since the magic system here is clearly more developed than... whatever the Gate "magic" could be labeled... it actually makes me very curious about how you'll portray it. The Anime made it appear... too generic. The manga gave it a delightfully more greek vibe, but... again, the Gate writing is such a handicap that I'm looking forward to seeing how you design Rondel here as the Summoning Japan world has much more flexibility in terms of magic, technology, and worldbuilding (or so I'm told). Maybe it'll be similar to some of those Final Fantasy cities or maybe it'll look less medieval and more early victorian/ Georgian England? Maybe it'll appear like a European city at the turn of the 18th century?

I don't know but the possibilities do appear to be far better in this fic than in the original Gate canon, so that's something else that's worth looking forward to.

Moving over to Rory again, and-

IS RORY PLAYING UNO?!

-*blows police whistle* Blatantly stolen from Freedom's Ring! You will hear from my lawyers!-

In all seriousness, the scene was done well enough. Rory and Terra chatting with the Americans about themselves and why Rory is an Apostle is certainly interesting... although not as interesting as Lelei going over the possible reasons for the Empire being who they are...

Once again, foreshadowing is foreshadow-y... though what exactly they're searching for is might not be addressed for a while it's much better than in the original canon, where they just... wanted more land? Honestly, the Empire's canon motivations are so scrambled and inconsistent any reason is better than nothing.

Also... lol... Yuji being aware they're about to enter into another story arc? Nice.

Oh, hey, Gisselle is...

Why is she concerned with a village?

Why is she using her dragons to evacuate the village?

Why is she apparently in conflict with the... Flame dragon? I thought she was controlling the dragons? Didn't she lead one to attack Tuka's village?

Unless that other person wasn't Gisselle... hmm...

...Well then... questions and mysteries abound, but it's certainly an interesting development. And hey, the flame dragon showing up and attacking the military is a scene that's been pretty much done to death, so... just another point that this is its own story and not just another reskin, so that's pretty neat.

Overall decent chapter. Looking forward to where you take this story.

Keep up the good work!