for GATE: Journey in the New World

8/10/2021 c14 4Major Simi
Well interesting chapter
8/10/2021 c15 6DFMRCV
Oh, dang, Tyuule made an appearance?

This is certainly... different. I'm assuming the girl she's referring to is Noriko. Tyuule working with an Imperial Soldier is also quite different from canon, and I'm sensing her character is going to have a different personality given that here she appears much warmer already, less cold, and vengeful... at least, that's what I got from this short chapter.

This seems odd, as I'm also assuming she's referring to getting Noriko away from Zorzal, and one would assume Zorzal would still be keeping Tyuule locked up in the palace dungeon, so either something changed in canon here or I'm missing something.

Anyway, decent short chapter. Raised questions to the point I'm intrigued. Looking forward to the continuation!
8/8/2021 c14 DFMRCV
Nice to see you back at it!

Definitely better than the Coda arc in canon. This feels much more like two worlds interacting and the fantasy and the modern interacting than most Gate stories. Even mine was mostly focused on the "war of eras" side of things. Here you have a more genuine interaction, and it isn't just one-sided curiosity from the locals, but both sides trying to peacefully communicate.

Characterization is still good, but the big improvement is on the fact that we're seeing some level of understanding between both sides, not just a level of dependence from the villagers... kind of reminds me of the early episodes of "High School prodigies have it easy in Another World" in a good way, actually. While the original Gate "one V one" scenario can work, you do a very fine job of showing that this is very much its own world, with its own vibrant societies, not just a mirror of Ancient Rome.

I'm assuming the village official with an agenda could potentially try to lay a trap of sorts for the villagers where maybe he gets a larger Imperial Force to try and subdue the people in order to "protect them" in his mind, but that's my speculation.

Good read, good chapter. Keep at it!
8/6/2021 c14 Maroon567
''Aside from the crystal device, there was an unusual object that had never been used by any Imperial Elite Soldier or anyone on this continent. A magical weapon with the appearance of a golden smooth bore three-barrel, accompanied by a unique draconic design and a long, wooden grip ending in a knob''.

okay i can asume that the saderan has either a triple barrel break action shotgun or magically enchanted tri barrel Musket.

which i can asume that only high ranking offcial or capital legionnaire are the one that have one consider it's standard issue of parpaldia empire (aka british empire with real dragon).
8/5/2021 c13 KGBAgent75
Very good fanfic. I love it a lot. Damn i can't make words of praise, but still, this fanfic is a really good piece of a fanfic. I'm looking forward for the new chapters.
7/11/2021 c13 naufalrakha0104
Woah this fanfic is interesting...
7/3/2021 c14 Onion of the Soviets
It's OK. Take your time.
7/3/2021 c14 1JustABoredAuthor
Take your time, current times is tough.
6/29/2021 c12 6DFMRCV
Okay, a slow chapter to build things up.

Nice.

It's always good to see characterization, and it's great to see that there is an established world here. I mean... duh, the world is already established, but most fanfictions (mine included) kind of just roll with what exists and focus on their own scenario. Seeing a lot of slice-of-life elements, which is pretty good for characterization, which was done well overall.

I get it's tiring to look for the proper words to push a conversation between characters, so don't worry about it. You're doing a pretty good job establishing your version of the Gate characters compared to the original that just kind of... threw them at the viewer and then moved on... none of that here, thankfully.

The one issue that isn't really an issue here but might become an issue later is some of the characters shown here may not really have any presence going forward, and that may affect people reading this later on as some scenes may appear as "filler", but presently that isn't the issue here, it's just something that came to mind as I was reading the scene with Rory and Cato as it slightly reminded me of some Filler scenes from shounen anime series like Bleach or the old Naruto series. Again, not an issue here, it's literally just something I thought of while reading and decided to note down.

I did like how relaxed everything feels here, as the atmosphere is different from the original gate but it's also capturing a bit of the relaxing part about exploring a different world, which is always nice, especially here where it's more of a fantasy world, to begin with. Since Tuka is already at the village here, I'm curious as to how she will add to the meeting with the "Men in Green" as things are already so different from the original.

Good chapter overall, keep at it!
6/29/2021 c13 Maroon567
ok so the Sadera can invade Qua-Toyne Principality because it's an agricultural nation with little standing military with the only advantage is ww2 style mana com (like in the novel)

and even if they (the sadera) succesfully invade it's neighbor they probably would still be steamrolled by more sinister and more powerfull empire with firepower equal to JSDF and US Army Combine

P.S
In Nihonkoku Shoukan Novel almost every country in the northen Civilization Military Power and technology are either in their 1940's all the way to early 1950's
with one of them are a litteral IJA Reincarnated or Gra Vaskal Empire where their Technology are somewhere in late 1940's to mid 1950's
6/26/2021 c13 Onion of the Soviets
Hmmm, interesting...
6/26/2021 c12 4Major Simi
Well seems like things just got interesting. Anyway great chapter
6/20/2021 c11 Major Simi
Well great chapter
6/20/2021 c10 Major Simi
Wow quit the surprising chapter. Anyway keep going
6/15/2021 c11 6DFMRCV
Oh, good, a deity-like Rory that isn't the gothic lolita type we got in the original!

Good job on that characterization, seriously.

For canon! Rory, I'm kind of in the middle, cause I don't really dislike her character, I get that she's more complex than both the anime and some superficial scenes from the manga tend to suggest, but given how the original author portrays certain aspects of the world, Rory always felt out of place, if you asked me, and not in a way that was ever explored properly in the original canon. Sometimes she would be a kind of atypical gothic lolita out of an anime might've been into, other times there were serious doubts as to her loyalties and motivations that the JSDF just ignored... I mean, she's supposed to be a representative of one of the big gods in that world, but other than finding some interest in Earth's ancient cultural myths, I can't really recall her supposedly "divine" aspect of her nature being much of a factor... partly because Itami used her as a sort of tank in his party and she was more than happy to comply... again, the JSDF was oddly okay with ignoring Itami taking a VIP to dangerous missions, and to my understanding they didn't even bother researching her all that much... for some reason.

Here, the idea of her being a kind of specter-like entity to these bandits was very well conveyed, which is definitely an emphasis that this is more of a fantasy world than the original Gate canon, at least that's the impression I personally got. I wonder how you'll use her going forward, but at least this introduction was better done than the original series, in my opinion.

Tuka making it to Coda village is also an interesting change, along with Cato potentially knowing Rory, but I'll wait to see how that develops.

Honestly, I'm curious as to what role the girls will play going forward, cause it seems they'll be more important here in some way given how dedicated these introductions are.

Not sure what else to say about the chapter. Was a pretty good read overall, so no complaints from me.

Keep it up!