for Enemy By Nature

7/6/2021 c1 1The Lost Atelier
Wow, lots to process there! First off, congratulations on finally getting the first chapter out! I know we've been discussing things and shooting ideas back and forth for a while and I'm glad to finally be able to begin reading (please forgive this terrible writer's extreme delay). Anyhoo, to start, love the summary/synopsis you use. I know people don't generally comment on things like that, but I feel it's such a critical part in drawing in the reader, and it makes me so excited to read more and really want to read more. It's informative but also compelling and makes me want to read on, so bravo. Tying into that, this first chapter definitely checks all the boxes for 'intrigue,' and I found myself asking all these questions and trying to come up with theories as I read. -Does that make me weird? :P I like that you threw out these little pieces of personality and details about the characters and the current situation, rather than doing some information dump where you just drop everything all at once. The more complex the character, the more interesting they are and fun to try and sort out. And the current situation of our characters! Chapter one and we've already got someone bleeding out in the back seat of a car! Not sure if we're going to get a backstory on that, but reading that and my brain's going 'whooooaa.' I'm happy that you seem to be taking your time with the story and it's pace even with it starting out on a rather intense note. We all love Pennywise, but often times I find the wait is better than instant gratification, especially if it just seems like he's thrown into a scene without a purpose. Overall a good start to what will no doubt be a fun ride (well, maybe for us and not so much for the characters in Derry)!

Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading more next time! :)
The Lost Atelier
6/12/2021 c1 110Aviantei
Hello my wonderful friend, Tis I, finally working through my fic backlogs while on vacation! And while I’m not in this fandom, I do wanna support you, so here we go!

I’m very intrigued by this opening. The second full paragraph is definitely a great hook, and there’s a lot of excellent tension and mystery built up. What’s the backstories with Zoey and Cally? How did Cally get hurt? Is she even human, if she’s healing that fast? A very strong opening chapter, even without full knowledge of the canon (tho I know sons of the basics).

I’m always glad to see people writing fics that they’re excited about, so I’m extra excited to see you putting out something new for a series you love. I’ll be looking forward to more of this and Legends Never Die as they come out! I’ll also try to reply to your DM soon, if I get the brainpower together for it. Either way, I hope you’re doing well, and I’ll hopefully reach out to you again soon!

-Avi
6/7/2021 c1 4WolveslovingBatman
Ooh I can't wait for more!