FanFiction.Net
for The Ladder

4/15/2021 c1 2Idovelicus
I'm going to make an educated guess that you de-aged Petyr compared to canon to give hi more room to grow, but you still wanted to start at this point in his life. That's fine, I get it. But inreturn, I outright BEG something of you.
Erase the Lysa raping Petyr scene from this reality, please. It was very disturbing when he was like fourteen at most and she was sixteen at most, but now that he was likely eleven at most, and she thriteen at most, it's just the ickiest of icks.
Also the sex between them during the recovery period, which hopefully has already been nixed by this nail.
Otherwise, this could be pretty interesting, really. Although, Petyr will be thirteen during the Rebellion. That's a hell of a waste, as far as accruing favour and reputation goes. Making a Baelish!SI who actually goes for knighthood and DOESN'T get to participate in the Rebellion? Damn, man. He'll get nothing that way until he's twenty and Ironborn rise up.
4/15/2021 c1 1nobleknight
update defiant
4/15/2021 c1 Lull Meister
I like this!
Never liked the solo leveling bs gamer system anyhow. This is much better, it being limited yet still immensely beneficial.
4/15/2021 c1 Hadrian.Caeser
Interesting
4/15/2021 c1 3feal
Ok...
So insertion after the fuckup with Brandon "the raging moron" Stark, no the worst but not the best either. As for the struggle ? I don't see very much incoming even without the gamer ability as nowaday office worker is on the higher portion of the mental spectrum than most Lord of Westeros OTL petyr proved that many time or is it a AU where noble are actually competent?
As a matter of fact the upcoming of Rhaegar's clusterfuck will be a open mine of oportunity,just hope you won't fall on the usual pitfall that is allknowing Varys
4/15/2021 c1 2Gunooner
Love this story concept, and enjoyed this first chapter. Hope you continue to write this!
4/15/2021 c1 Felon GT
I was hoping be gets kicked out. He runs away from blackfish escorting him to the vale and starts out on his own. Meeting travelers sharing a fire and learning how to camp, gut game they caought to earn his food. Starting from the bottom. Learning the fauna he crosses by, running from wild animals, or a duo of bandits hiding from them. Stealing a little from travelers and sleeping bandits. Going to a village and earning work.

Long story short he travels and sees the 7 kingdoms, parts of essos, beyond the wall, finding unique tinkets, weapons,magical skills. For instance maybe in chapter 300 he is risking going t0 vakyria to find wealth, dragon eggs, lost books/scrolls, running from stone men, arts, and in search for the legendary dragon horn as a tool to use.

Maybe find danerys before she is sold off or even meets mopatis and she becomes a companion of sorts. Maybe a lover, keeping her innocent and away from and signs or portents about being rightful ruller. Think of it like skyrim
4/14/2021 c1 CrimsonN7
Now this should be a interesting story I look forward to more
4/14/2021 c1 venomwave
Gamer power is too strong for a medieval very very low fantasy like got , he has so long to grind his physical stats and abilities that at some point most baseline humans wouldn't be a threat to him , and if you nerf it too much it would just be frustrating . I'd put a cap in some stats that would represent peak human condition.
4/14/2021 c1 Kuman
You know I was thinking I would love to see a SI/Gamer fic in ASOIAF but without any prior knowledge of the series. I will admit I did wonder what a SI into Baelish would be like but then the sheer amount of FUBAR that will happen to canon makes me hesitant to even think about it lol. Better keep Baelish as the two-bit villain he is in canon :)
4/14/2021 c1 Benny Farr
An interesting start, when you say he'll have struggles, I hope you mean that he'll have realistic growth in power and character, but as realistic as one can grow with The Gamer ability, and not struggle to the point where he's not as strong as he should be.

Other than that, I look forward to more.
4/14/2021 c1 The-Anti-Akuma
I really didn't expect this, yet I look forward to reading more of it.

That was some good improvisation, and well I feel directed learning like that would be a lot better than self taught leveling, so he got the most out of it, assuming he doesn't prove inadequate.
4/14/2021 c1 Sivapithecus
Very Nice Indeed.

Definitely a Plus point for not including Gamer's mind or something similarly broken.

Struggle of the Protagonist in a story is essential, most of the stories on fanfic are just a power fantasy, so thank you I guess for not being boring.

Good 1st Chapter

Regards
SG
4/14/2021 c1 Mr.Azeroth
Wasnt Petyr 15 years old when he challanged Brandon?
4/14/2021 c1 1PainSlayer
Man you always surprise me with your different SI fics. First it was Roran, Ron, Hadvar etc. Keep up the good work!
3,596 « Prev Page 1 .. 229 236 237 238 239 240 Next »