FanFiction.Net
for The Ladder

4/15/2021 c1 Felon GT
I was hoping be gets kicked out. He runs away from blackfish escorting him to the vale and starts out on his own. Meeting travelers sharing a fire and learning how to camp, gut game they caought to earn his food. Starting from the bottom. Learning the fauna he crosses by, running from wild animals, or a duo of bandits hiding from them. Stealing a little from travelers and sleeping bandits. Going to a village and earning work.

Long story short he travels and sees the 7 kingdoms, parts of essos, beyond the wall, finding unique tinkets, weapons,magical skills. For instance maybe in chapter 300 he is risking going t0 vakyria to find wealth, dragon eggs, lost books/scrolls, running from stone men, arts, and in search for the legendary dragon horn as a tool to use.

Maybe find danerys before she is sold off or even meets mopatis and she becomes a companion of sorts. Maybe a lover, keeping her innocent and away from and signs or portents about being rightful ruller. Think of it like skyrim
4/14/2021 c1 CrimsonN7
Now this should be a interesting story I look forward to more
4/14/2021 c1 venomwave
Gamer power is too strong for a medieval very very low fantasy like got , he has so long to grind his physical stats and abilities that at some point most baseline humans wouldn't be a threat to him , and if you nerf it too much it would just be frustrating . I'd put a cap in some stats that would represent peak human condition.
4/14/2021 c1 Kuman
You know I was thinking I would love to see a SI/Gamer fic in ASOIAF but without any prior knowledge of the series. I will admit I did wonder what a SI into Baelish would be like but then the sheer amount of FUBAR that will happen to canon makes me hesitant to even think about it lol. Better keep Baelish as the two-bit villain he is in canon :)
4/14/2021 c1 Benny Farr
An interesting start, when you say he'll have struggles, I hope you mean that he'll have realistic growth in power and character, but as realistic as one can grow with The Gamer ability, and not struggle to the point where he's not as strong as he should be.

Other than that, I look forward to more.
4/14/2021 c1 The-Anti-Akuma
I really didn't expect this, yet I look forward to reading more of it.

That was some good improvisation, and well I feel directed learning like that would be a lot better than self taught leveling, so he got the most out of it, assuming he doesn't prove inadequate.
4/14/2021 c1 Sivapithecus
Very Nice Indeed.

Definitely a Plus point for not including Gamer's mind or something similarly broken.

Struggle of the Protagonist in a story is essential, most of the stories on fanfic are just a power fantasy, so thank you I guess for not being boring.

Good 1st Chapter

Regards
SG
4/14/2021 c1 Mr.Azeroth
Wasnt Petyr 15 years old when he challanged Brandon?
4/14/2021 c1 1PainSlayer
Man you always surprise me with your different SI fics. First it was Roran, Ron, Hadvar etc. Keep up the good work!
4/14/2021 c1 RichardF
Huh... the point of being a gamer is that it provides near linear progression without limit till godhood, so is he going to challenge a dragon? Or maybe fiddle with magic?

"He will have struggles", that defines all your mystical characters and what I like most about all stories. You don't sweep through the content but make the story feel quite real to the reader. Pretty sure we'll get a godlike Petyr eventually if you continue the story anyways.

Thanks for sharing as always ~
4/14/2021 c1 marlastiano
4/14/2021 c1 TheBlackhaze
This one's got my attention. A good first chapter, establishing a solid premise.

The Gamer power would be hit or miss, depending on where decide to take it from here. Regardless, I like it so far. I've followed this story and I will read your all your subsequent updates.
4/14/2021 c1 balgraf55
Really i like it, maybe you can develop more the Gamer System and explain more about it? And the inventory is a thing here or more skills?
4/14/2021 c1 11Dragonspectre01
An interesting premise. I have only read about one Petyr Baelish insert story and that is in AlternateHistory which is most likely dead. Although, giving gaming powers to Petyr was a letdown. Now, you have to create ridiculously powerful opponents for Petyr. This would have been much more interesting and fun if Petyr didn't have Gamer powers. Gamer powers don't sync well in a medieval setting.
4/14/2021 c1 R4N3