for Ethereal

5/11/2021 c1 Alf
Daphne or Astoria. More likely Daphne.
5/8/2021 c1 Guest
Cute
5/9/2021 c1 4Flaming Drongo
Knowing you, Astoria Greengrass?
5/8/2021 c1 Spazzman29
Pretty sure the girl is Daphne but it could be most characters. Luna, Fleur and Gabrielle are out and it definitly isn't Ginny or Hermione. Can't be Tonks either so it is one of the lesser known girls and Daphne is the logical choice.
5/8/2021 c1 thobeobo
This was a fuck ton of fun to beta read! I'll just post my review from my website here as well :)

My Thoughts:
Characterization: This is a fairly quick oneshot, so I’ll try to be somewhat brief. Harry is really great here. I’m a really big fan of how happy he clearly is, and it’s shown to us through his actions and his dialogue from beginning to end. He has a very light hearted, fun banter going on with his partner from beginning to end that made for a very fun read. Also, I have to say that waiting until the very end to just outright state that Harry’s happy is a really nice call, because it allows us to experience his happiness first before ever mentioning it outright. Harry’s partner is also written very well, and before anyone asks, I do know who she is. Her name is never stated outright, but Sectumus leaves some nods to other fics with this pairing as well as contextual clues sprinkled throughout the fic and it you think about it for long enough, you will figure it out. This is very fun and made rereads very rewarding. I will not be telling you who she is, because that’d be cheating and I’m a dick. Anyway, she’s also really well written. Her character definitely has a lot more flare than Harry’s does, and her dynamic with him is absolutely delightful. This is also the rare instance where a character is described as witty and then their dialogue and attitude actually backs up that description, so that’s pretty cool. Overall, I really like these characters, and they earn a good ole 4.5/5.

Romance: This fic’s romance is really well done. What I really liked here was how obvious it was that they loved each other, right from the beginning. Every interaction, every sentence spoken, was just dripping with affection and this impressed me quite a bit. This, in my opinion, is short-form fluff done right. It’s fluffy from beginning to end, it moves quickly, it doesn’t mince words while also having some style and personality, and it’s just an all around good time. The scene in the park was adorable, the dance at the end was heartwarming, and their banter was fucking phenomenal. Like, holy shit was it great! More on that in a minute. Either way, great job Sect, you have proven that you are capable of harnessing the power of the fluff, 5/5.

Dialogue: This fic’s wit is just off the charts. The banter is just so much fun! The bit about koalas was especially charming, but I adored all of it. There was also some fantastic heartwarming stuff sprinkled throughout as well. This fic combined my two favorite kinds of dialogue—heartwarming sweet shit and hilarious banter—in the absolute best way possible. Easily deserving of a 5/5

Plot: This fic has a plot that is entirely serviceable. It is a conduit for the characters to be adorable and funny together, and it works very well. However, there’s nothing especially memorable about the actual plot. The memorable bits are the characters, so I can’t really justify more than a 4/5

Writing Mechanics: This is a mechanically sound fic. It’s dripping in Sectumus’ writing style, it’s grammar and spelling all check out, and all the sentences flow very well. I don’t really have much to say here except for 4.5/5.

Overall: Ethereal is great! It’s a really fun time, and rereading it was very rewarding. It’s short-form fluff at its absolute finest, and if you are into that kind of thing, you’ll have a really nice time. I also really like how it plays the pronoun game—a fact that I never thought I’d say—because it leads to looking around the fic for nods to the pairing. I had a great time with it, and I bet you will as well. This is a short fic, so I’m not putting a separate final thoughts section, so without further ado, Ethereal gets a 9.2/10.
5/8/2021 c1 Hank1967
Excellent short! Very enjoyable. Love how close Harry and Daphne (I'm assuming since Dorothea posted this to completed H/D) are. Very romantic. Also enjoyed how they set up their vacation. Excellent banter between the two.
5/8/2021 c1 GreengrassRebel
Ice cream reference, Koala reference, green dress (yes everybody can use any colour but It can be on purpose) met at a Ministry function, father goes on business trips... It's Daphne.
5/8/2021 c1 14Dorothea Greengrass
Thanks for that nice piece if fluff. I pretend it's Daphne, especially because of the ice cream and koala reference. That was a nice touch.
5/8/2021 c1 ThingsCanBeTwoThings
This is lovely. And my money is on Daphne, it seems like a nod to a charming story by Andrius (I think).
5/5/2021 c1 2Siriuslybadhaircut
I like it, especially as you never really let loose who the girl is(so I can pretend it's Daphne), but as for my guess, just an OC.
5/5/2021 c1 Gr8Wh1te
Blue eyes doesn’t seem like Hermione, so Daphne possibly?
5/5/2021 c1 1The Pathological Liar
Right. Forgot to give a review.

Good stuff, really good infact. The emotions are very clearly communicated and you succeded in evoking something from me, that's very good. The writing style is smooth, fluid and very pleasing to experience. The dialogues are snappy and fun but with enough distinctness in the characters. Mystery girl is prolly Daphne but I'm gonna say Mcgonnagal because I can't stop being a troll.
5/5/2021 c1 Knight6167
Aight. My guess to who the girl is. From the brown hair, I'd have guessed Hermione, but from what I know about you, I don't think you'll spend time writing Harmony without anyone provoking or anything, so I'd guess "Daphne", her being not mentioned in the canon making it easier to change around her hair and eye colour, which the other fanfiction authors stick to make it blonde and blue respectively. On another note, I really enjoyed your fic.
5/5/2021 c1 8Akamoroti
Who else at Hogwarts would love koalas? I can think of one. Super cute, awaiting another to confirm who the mystery koala lover is.
5/4/2021 c1 DarthBlack28
It could be daphne or hermione. Personally , i thinks its hermione.
32 « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »