for Adrien's in Control

5/24 c1 1BasicallyNotBasic
Ookay then
Marinette telling Alya has loads of pros:
She basically has control over the Ladyblog
Alya can help her get out of class
Their relationship, which was in tatters, is now building again
Good bye Lila (We don't care about you)
Alya, being a reporter, can help Marinette figure out the identity of Hawkmoth
It's not hypocrisy, she just needs support outside the mask
AT first she had Master Fu, but then she had nobody
Now she has Alya
5/12 c5 SIMBAT
I liked your story, I really like your way of writing and the interactions, I like that chat noir becomes stronger. And the justice you did him since they always kept him in the dark I await the continuation.
5/7 c1 Guest
You’re pathetic. You’re just a pathetic Adrien stan that doesn’t give a damn about mental health. You just want to see your precious sunshine bitch happy
5/5 c2 Guest
Continue this please, the show doesn't give enough to Adrien in actually learning something or growing.
Also he 's a main character too
5/5 c2 Guest
I love this! From Plaggandadrienbondingisthebest
5/6 c1 4Kiaru1848
I do not understand, you say "do not leave comments, they will be deleted". You refuse to see what there are people with different opinions, with the right to express them, but anyway, you will surely delete my comment xD
5/5 c2 Evolved Ignis
I love this already
5/5 c2 17Teddi 8347
Maybe Adrien should know about the gifts Marinette tried giving him? I know she wanted him happy, but it was based on a lie and would have given his father more control over him. I mean, I understand how she is, the kind of person the writers want her to be, but she also hates liars, and what she did is essentially lying to him. It would only hurt him in the long run. Yet people believe this is a sign of a good heart? Maybe if his home life isn't a joke, it could have been, but it's still a lie and she had her hard work stolen from her. I would have been upset and ask my parents what to do about it. Maybe it would have resulted in akumas, but then Gabriel would have gotten a bit of a backlash from it, I bet, I hope. I have no idea how the French legal system works.

I do like where this is going so far. I'll keep reading until the point when I can't agree with you if it ever comes to that. Have a good day.
5/5 c1 Teddi 8347
Please don't delete this until you read it. I know some salt for Ladybug and Marinette is needed, as long as they learn from it. I hate salt when the characters are shown their flaws but learn nothing from them [mainly Adrian salt], it makes it poor writing.

One can argue Marinette's age and the advice she's been given her whole superhero career in defence of the choices she's made. One can also point out about Chat Blanc and the traumatic experience she got from that. One could even point out that the writers of the show only focuses on Marinette to empower girls into becoming strong women or something like that. While I can see these points, I'm also sick of them.

Marinette is human [fictional, but still], she's bound to make mistakes, mistakes that can lead to dire consequences in the future. Future she doesn't have control over. Even being inactive in choices can have dire consequences. The writers have to decide what and how that happens. Even to the expense of other characters.

Like I said, Marinette needs a deep reality check and more varied advice than just hiding her identity from everyone. I could never understand why parents aren't allowed to know what their children are up to, especially those who have good relationships with their children. I do believe she should open up to Chat, at least about Chat Blanc and why she's afraid of sharing their identities.

That said, she needs to be taken down a peg or two, have more salt on her choices to balance out the salt Adrian gets. It's not fair her "partner" doesn't have the same knowledge as she does, and the knowledge he does get is either badly explained or outdated. That's my problem with this show; they claim it's about partnerships between the two, yet they clearly favor Marinette over Adrian. And when Chat does something he wasn't supposed to do, like go to New York without telling Ladybug, it was Marinette's fault he was there, yet he's the one to blame? If they had known each other's identity beforehand, they would have known and planned it better.

I just realize I'm in "rant mode", so I'm going to stop here. I don't mind salt when the characters learn from it. If it's just bashing characters without the opportunity to grow, then it's a poorly thought-out story with wasted potential. Then again, this is fanfiction. Write what you want.

Thank you and have a nice day.