FanFiction.Net
for I Choose You

6/16/2021 c21 Guest
This one was rough. But so glad to see them healing and working through it together as a team. I know it’s going to be hard but they will come out stronger together.
6/16/2021 c21 7becky207
This chapter had me feelings all kids of happy and sad and everything in between.
Love how your telling their story and letting them heal slowly in their own time and also as a family.
6/16/2021 c20 Benslerfan4ever
Heartbreaking! Wasn't sure how I felt about how you wrote Casey at first because I love the character but then I figured out what you were doing. Great chapter!
6/16/2021 c21 Benslerfan4ever
Poor Liv!
6/16/2021 c21 ManderleyLane
Such a seemingly small, but oh so accurate detail… the loss of time…
"It's Saturday." Richie whispered softly.

Hit right in the heart. Truth.
“This loss would remain with her. But she still had 5 breathing, beautiful children who needed her. She had to find her way back to them. She had promised she would.”

Oh! I feel you, El.
“Elliot felt his heart flip flop. At almost 7 years old, these two were growing up so fast. They had been his babies. And now...taking a deep breath he smiled.”

Crying… love them. This hurts.
“His eyes locked with hers for a moment. They were both thinking the same thing. And it hurt. She gave him a quick nod…”

This right here is why I love how you write them.
“Before turning back to the sink, Elliot waited and watched her. She sensed it. Walking to him, she placed one hand on his chest, balanced Noah in her other arm and leaned up to kiss him. When she pulled away, he pushed her wet hair off her face and leaned forward to kiss her forehead. He heard her sigh before stepping back. The small smile she offered gave him some comfort as she walked towards the living room with Noah.”

Needs to happen more often between parents. Undivided attention to each other.
“Then he turned all his attention and focused on his wife, "El…"

Ah! This! Being a woman just plain sucks sometimes. Thank you for hitting all the key points.
"I feel like it's written all over my face. That I couldn't...that I didn't protect-"

Thank you for doing justice with your beautifully accurate crafting of words for such a necessary topic.
“Clinging to his shirt she said the thing that was haunting her most, "I don't know if I could handle this again El. I thought it was painful not getting pregnant...but this? It feels like someone ripped my heart out. It feels like I'm empty inside." A gentle sob erupted in her chest, "I am...it's...it's just gone. How can it just be gone?"

Bang on.
“Sighing, she rested against him, so damn thankful that he was her partner. That he understood her. That he felt the same way she did. Enduring this alone wouldn't have been possible. She knew that.”

I love the entire conversation between Bernie and Olivia. This, in particular, is perfection.
“Olivia swallowed the lump in her throat, "He's hurting too."
"He is." Bernie agreed as she brushed back her hair, "But he also knows that at the end of the day...it's different for both of you. You're the one that physically went through it."

Gorgeous.
“They stood together in the room embracing. Just one mother holding another and letting it all go.”

The conversation with the kidlets’ was necessary. They knew something was off. I love how you write this. And I have to tell how much I appreciate Olivia telling both Bernie and the kidlets’ that she is sad. It’s a simple perfect word.

The brief scene when Elliot asks Olivia if she will go with him is so tender and touching. You had me in my feels there.

As a (recovering) Catholic, that scene in the church did me in. I am a blubbering mess. What you captured and how you captured it with your words is beyond beautiful to me.

Ha! Leave it to Munch to break the tension! And squad car number five? Just perfect.

Such a good guy.
“Fin raised an eyebrow and sighed, "I know that's a damn lie. But you don't need to tell me anything. But I am here...if you need me."

This tugged at the old heartstrings.
“Olivia walked over to him, let her hand trail across his back and whispered, "I thought maybe we could go to church Sunday together...all of us."

The beach is always such a healing place.

I adored every word, every moment of this chapter. I can’t get enough of your writing.
6/14/2021 c20 Guest
Uhg. I hate this for them and for everyone who faces this loss. Hoping they come out stronger on the other side.
6/15/2021 c20 moviemel
Ok so many things to unpack here. I finally stopped crying long enough to function. LOL First off thank you for telling not only the story of your friend, but the story of many. I have never experienced this myself but several people who are close to me have and I have seen firsthand the pain it causes and more importantly how insensitive people are about it. It is a topic that gets brushed under the rug for real. So thank you for addressing it even though we lost an EO baby. :(

Secondly thank you for telling a little bit more about Casey's story. I personally connect more with her story because I had an ex who I cared about a lot battle with mental illness and that is also a tough thing to endure that no one likes to talk about. I'm glad she ended up being there for Liv in her time of need because even though us bitter single girls can sometimes be jealous and can I say bitchy? Lol We still care and have feelings so I'm glad we got to see Casey's softer side and I hope she continues to be a good friend to Liv cause I think Casey needs some people in her corner too.

In conclusion this was heavy. But I very much enjoyed it and thank you for the honesty in your writing. I've always enjoyed that. I hope we still get an EO daughter at some point because my heart won't be complete until that happens! LOL
6/14/2021 c20 spacekitten2700
sad
6/14/2021 c20 iacono24
It's just me, crying with a Fic. This is so beautiful and real. And I can't wait for the next chapter and I can't believe how quickly I finished 20 chapters in less than two days.
6/14/2021 c20 nycdreamer2007
This was beautifully written, very sad, but so well done. I’m so sorry for your friend and all that she went through, you are a good friend. Hope for more soon!
6/14/2021 c20 16justanotherbookworm78
What a heartbreaking chapter. I can't imagine the pain Liv and Elliot are in right now, but I know they will get through it together.
6/14/2021 c20 Guest
This was rough to read. But you wrote about a very real issue. Hoping they come out of this stronger together. I really hope Olivia let’s Elliot in to comfort her. They need to be there for each other.
6/14/2021 c20 Guest
I had a feeling where this was headed as soon as Olivia said she felt off and felt so much better. It still hurts. I hope Olivia lets Elliot be there for her. They need to support and grieve together.
I hope your friend had someone there for her in her time of need.
6/14/2021 c20 Benslerbaby4013
I’m so thankful you update so often this story really is my little escape of the day! It’s an emotional roller coaster but I love it - you are v talented
6/14/2021 c20 47WriterKC
My heart is broken and I want to hug them both :( Elliot is trying so hard to be strong for and comfort Olivia even though he’s hurting too. They love each other so much
453 « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »