for Stain of Darkness

4/9/2008 c13 4Altum
I don't quite remember what chapter I last reviewed, but I believe that the story is turning out pretty well. I hadn't guessed that it'd be Ryu's side that caused the destruction in the tape, but Akuma, and it turns out that it was likely their battle. Rose, however, seems to be far weaker in her battles with Ryu than I anticipated, or perhaps your Ryu is a lot stronger than I would've thought.

Awesome stuff so far. I've got a Street Fighter story that I'm about to start publishing on here, so, if you want, I'll keep you posted about when I start putting it up.
3/25/2008 c7 Altum
So, finally we get to see some of Ryu. A showdown between him and Sagat so fast, though? Guess I'll have to wait until the next chapter to find out.

Your characterization of Ryu has me torn here, however. I'm assuming he'll have to stand up for himself if the battle between him and Sagat is indeed next, but he seems to have lost the will to fight, or is at least just scared of fighting. I guess the Satsui no Hadou did that to him when he initially beat Sagat, but it's a different take than I'm used to. Anxious to see where it leads.

I'm assuming the island in question is Akuma's? I hope so, haha. Interesting that Bison would be trying to acquire his power. He can barely handle all the Psycho Power he has. Interesting take here.

Good story!
3/24/2008 c4 Altum
Nice build up these last two chapters. The stuff with Sagat is pretty spot on, though I'm not entirely sure how involved he was with Shadaloo canonically. Like, I think he joined up after losing to Ryu, but sort of acted on his own, training until the end of Alpha 3 when he reached his own little "enlightenment" and returned to Bison, only to see him having brainwashed Ryu. At the same time, this is a good story that builds off of a general sense of canon that I can tell, so all is well, eh?

The Dolls are pretty creepy, and I think you did that well. Likewise, you really turned Bison into something terrifying. I always knew Bison was powerful, but in the games I always felt he was sort of a joke for some reason (unjustifiably, though). Glad to see you're making this dark, gritty, and serious - something that it should be.

I sort of expected Rose to show up. That tarot card tipped it off for me earlier. You made her pretty likable, so kudos.

I hope to see some Ryu action soon. I'll be sure to read some more of this tomorrow.
3/22/2008 c2 Altum
Interesting story. I'm glad I stumbled upon this as I was looking for other stuff in the fandom. I'm considering writing an original fiction based around the canon of the Street Fighter games, so I'm kinda testing the waters and looking at different stuff right now. So far, this is the best.

I love your portrayal of Vega, and I think he breathed life into his character. These two chapters felt really much in line with the Street Fighter II animated movie, what with Chun-li fighting Vega and all. I'm a bit disappointed to see Vega die so early, though I never actually liked him. I feel that you have big plans for Chun-li, though, and while she's another character that I originally didn't enjoy, I'm actually starting to really get interested in her character. Bison showing up at the end and taking care of your original character was also a nice touch.

I definitely plan on reading more, and I hope that I get to see some of Ryu, Sagat, Ken, and hopefully even Akuma.
3/10/2008 c22 16BukkakeNoJutsu
This is some hot s-h-i-t. One of the best street fighter stories I've seen. This wins. You are a great writer.
3/10/2008 c22 5Shisoukengo
AW dude! Giving us such a juicy chapter, and then leaving us hanging at the climax of it? So not cool, LOL. Excellent job on it otherwise though. It was very punctual and grammatically correct. I couldn't find one mistake, not that I was really looking for any. And your fight scenes are without a doubt some of the best I've ever seen in a fanfic. Encore my friend, encore!
3/9/2008 c22 KC Ann
You updated! Nice

Really good chapter.
3/7/2008 c22 vedmid
Very nice

Rose's appearance was a clever surprise, and Ryu's explanation worked perfectly for his mentality in this.

The fight description itself, brief as it was worked well.

As usual I'm looking forward to seeing more of this unfold.
3/7/2008 c22 7Steamrollers Solve All
Good ol' Ryu. Able to follow the laws of Shonen heroes and getting up no matter how hard he gets beat down. :)
11/25/2007 c21 MI
Oh my lord! It's back! I've been anticipating for this chapter for so long! I'm happy that chapter 21 is finally posted and your story still maintains that raw feeling of...well I can't really put it into words because it's just "that" awesome! I love the fact that Chun li is unsure with her feelings, because it would so kill that independent thing she's got going for her. Though, I do hope the ending will be a happy one for both Ryu and her.

The suspense is killing me... can't wait for the next update!
11/3/2007 c21 Kikoken
Dammit, don't tak a century to update next time! xP

I kid, I kid.

But this is awesome. I can't wait for the final chapters.
10/30/2007 c21 JJones
This story has been amazing, i 've read the whole thing so far and this is just fantastic. It's so intense, suspenseful and compelling. I can't get enough of it. But I do have one question though.. Is my main man (and ryu's) Ken gonna make an appearance? Looks doubtful right now cuz Ryu's about to make Bison his bitch but just curious. Thanks for providing such a great story so far and keep up the great work
10/28/2007 c21 5Shisoukengo
OH Suki suki now! Lol not that I've ever been a big fan of "Dark Ryu" as opposed to the normal Ryu, I can't deny that I am very much interested to see how this "clash of titans" scenario plays out. Chun-Li's adament belief that Ryu could not possibly care for her enough to risk putting himself in jeopordy was a surprise.

Although they haven't really known each other that long in the story, she has gone out of her way to help him (although this could be more due to her job than anything else) since she met him, but also because they both seem to understand each other's pains the best. A fact that I've long noticed since becoming a fan of the series, yet many fan fiction authors and other fans have yet to take notice of. I also have to say you've captured Bison perfectly, a madman with both the brilliance and obsession that it takes to not only rule an evil empire, but also to develop such high aspirations as world domination and even godly-hood.

But you've left us, the readers in such suspense, and thus we have no choice but to await the next chapter with great anticipation. I can only assume that the whole matter between Bison and Ryu will not be settled entirely with simply a one on one confrontation. And I still do hope to see an appearance or two from Ken and/or Guile sometime soon as well. Keep up the goodwork Claymade, for with writing so detailed and plots this good I have no doubt you will be left short on readers anytime soon.
10/27/2007 c21 7Steamrollers Solve All
Silly Bison... you are now condemned to failing spectacularly. "Why?" you ask, no doubt. Simple.

You monologued. You explained your evil scheme rather than keep it under wraps. You subconsciously know you will lose, and therefor explained your plan so people will say "Hey, remember that Bison guy who had that great plan only to be shot down in its prime? What a loser." Instead of "Hey, remember that Bison guy who never told us his plan? What was he all about... yeah, he failed, but at least if we knew his goals, he'd just be a loser rather than a complete dumbass."
9/24/2007 c20 5Shisoukengo
Wow! That's all I have to say about this story is...wow! I've read only a handful of street fighter fics out there, but this one by far has to be the most detailed and inspiring of them all. The thing I like most about this fic is the way it completely follows canon storyline. Even down to the techniques used by the combatants, which brings me to the next thing I like about this, the fight scenes.

They're so...descriptive, so easy to play the fights out in your mind's eye. These are the characteristics of a truly amazing story. You even got the characters down pat, though I must admit I thought you had made Ryu into a whiny and spineless man at first. A striking difference from the disciplined warrior described in the comics and video games.

But I could understand his predicament as the story progressed, as the temptation to use the Satsui no Hado would haunt him at every turn. But there are two people I haven't seen involved in the story yet, and that's Guile and Ken. I would assume that Guile will be making his appearance soon, in order to hunt down Bison for the death of his teammate Charlie (unless you plan to have Charlie alive and helping him in this story). And I would assume Ken would show up sometime soon to offer his adopted brother and best friend some help in his darkest moment.

But the rate at which you've updated the story has me a little worried. I mean you started it over 3 years ago, and by the last update back in June you're only 20 chapters into it. I just hope the next update isn't too far coming, this story is far too good to be waiting every 3 or 4 months for updates. It certainly gives me inspiration for the day when I begin posting my own Street Fighter fic.
160 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »