FanFiction.Net
for Change of Heart

12/26/2021 c14 Allytb420
This Gil is different than so many other Gilberts and I LOVE him! (Although it may be impossible to not love him.) What a wonderful story!
12/16/2021 c15 jakie016
Aw I really enjoyed this story, such a cute wholesome tale. Keep up the good work!
8/14/2021 c15 Guest
He was a reminder for her to stay true! Oh how I’ve loved this story. Thanks so much for writing it for us and sharing your rare talent. I hope you’ll write something again soon. Thank you! X
8/14/2021 c14 Guest
This was wonderful! I loved the pearl and the whole new world. Your writing is amazing!
8/14/2021 c13 Guest
That chapter was adorable! They’re courting it’s so perfect now I love Gilbert Blythe so much.
8/14/2021 c12 Guest
Has gil seen the mittens? Is he finally going to propose now?
8/14/2021 c11 Guest
Ooohh I just love it!
8/14/2021 c10 Guest
Di is pregnant! I wonder if she’s right and Gilbert will speak again?
8/14/2021 c9 Guest
Gosh that water must’ve been freezing cold! I’m glad that bird finally escaped so they could light a fire. I loved how they kept themselves warm ;)
8/14/2021 c8 Guest
Haha ‘nice of you to notice this time’. That made me laugh. I also liked proud obstinate infuriating man. ;)
Did you really just write this so they’re stranded on a block of ice? I love it!
8/14/2021 c7 Guest
The poor mail is having a hard time! First it got wet and now Anne’s splashed wine all over it! OMG Gilbert is SKATING after Anne!? I can’t wait to see what happens when he catches up with her!
8/14/2021 c15 4noraborealis
that was a delightful end to a delightful tale! and now, as promised, here is my in-depth, end of story review.

first of all, massive kudos to you for not just making roy an obstacle to anne and gilbert getting together, or the point in the love triangle that everyone wanted out. that's the easy path to take, but he was honestly just so endearing in this story. i loved that he and anne ended on good terms at convocation.

and anne and gilbert! they were so in character, while there also being another layer of depth in each of them to explore. their romance felt a bit more realistic in this. Although I imagine most of us don't get stranded on an iceberg in the middle of a strait with our academic rival-turned friend-turned rejected suitor (or maybe most people do and my life's just really boring), their feelings and realization of them felt very true to life.

as previously mentioned, i loved the patty's place girls, and also diana! oh, and marilla, too! what i did not mention was that i appreciated Margit Blythe so much in this story. even though she only made a very brief appearance, the bit about her norwegian heritage and the mitten tradition was very intriguing, and woven in so well. everyone has their own take on this character (who has exceptionally little canon characterization) so good job on that

i also liked the character of murtagh a lot. funny story, as a big fan of gaelic and irish names, i decided to look up his obviously celtic name to check out his origins. and so i found the meaning "skilled in the ways of the sea" and the story about "Murtagh of the Leather Cloak" who went to sea in the middle of winter to fight off vikings. very well played!

finally, as someone who has trouble writing without having a planned out every last detail beforehand, i am extremely impressed by you saying in your author's note that you come up with your stories as you write. even so, the plot feels so well structured, there are no loose ends, and bits from the beginning crept through the end.

overall, marvelous job!
8/14/2021 c14 noraborealis
wow- so much to process!

they're engaged! so exciting! that being said, i actually enjoyed that their courtship didn't play out like a fairytale romance, if that makes sense. they still have so much more to learn about each other, and i am so glad you brought that to light. that being said, the romantic bit at the end made me giddy.

priss and roy is one i never saw coming, but it works rather well. although, i admit to being a bit disappointed that you didn't have any hints of the priss/stella pairing that i remember from redmond diaries. but that's a small quibble, and one based on personal taste!

time for the final chapter :)
8/14/2021 c13 noraborealis
such a satisfying way for them to get together!
8/14/2021 c12 noraborealis
i loved how well you brought avonlea and its residents to life! gotta love the awkwardness at the new years party- and now i must know how it plays out with the selburose mittens!
248 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »