FanFiction.Net
for Change of Heart

7/13/2021 c2 Guest
I've reread both chapters multiple times. Update as often as you can, I'm so happy to have a new kwak story to obsess over. I love how quick you dealt with Christine - see what happens when they actually talk to each other! And Anne actually examining her feelings instead of ignoring them. I love that you always include the pink enamel heart in your stories. The first time I ever heard of iceboats was in your windy willows love letters fics. So your stories are educational as well as entertaining! :)
7/13/2021 c2 7Formerly known as J
If there's one thing I love more than straight talking Gilbert Blythe, it's the way you show how flipping resourceful that boy is. Sure, it's possible he might have charmed his way in, but the fact that he found a way to be in the library, get 3 cups of coffee up all those flights of stairs, rattle off some fluent French AND find the way out the back door in the dark just sums his smarts up perfectly for me. It's one thing to be academically smart enough to win the Cooper, but it's quite another to gain access to the tools that are gonna help him get there - whether it's his charm, good looks or pure determination, he'll use everything at his disposal to get there, and it all serves to make him even hotter in my mind. No wonder the doc told his mum that he has to let all that energy out. Grrrr, I love it!

And poor Anne. Only get a B in classics and oho, that little pink heart is gone from the window, is it? Hmmm. And all those confusing gifts - those gloves and that box from Roy. Is Roy going to the Island or not? Who knows what any of it means? I'm sure you'll unravel it all for us in time, kwaks, and until then, I'm along for the ride.

Fave line: Well, it's a picture really, of Gilbert refusing to grab the rail on the tramwith hisfists shoved in his pockets, shin deep in Anne's skirts. So good, kwaky!

Post as often as you like, you know I love this story. Thanks for writing some good old fashioned romance for us.
7/12/2021 c2 Guest
Please post 3x a week !
It’s school holidays in Aus atm so it’s the perfect time for me to devour this stunning story xx
7/12/2021 c1 Marlignita
Brilliant! Thrice a week!Thank you so much.
7/12/2021 c2 8Catiegirl
Yay! Good old fashioned romances are my very favourite- and Anne is in a right mess! Love you bringing life to the courtship we only ever saw highlights to- it's nice to understand the Roy thing better. And our darling boy, love that Gilbert is that ever-present spectre for Anne- how I missed him through AotI! You may post daily if you like, I promise to gobble any updates up.
7/12/2021 c2 33piccolabimba
Thanks for the update! I like the premise and I have always loved Phil. Thanks for writing!
7/12/2021 c2 DrinkThemIn
Every freaking day, if I had my way!
I’ve been so busy, all of my reading is sitting in my inbox waiting for me. Sorry! This is such a unique spin on how Anne comes to her realization. It’s so fresh - I love it.
7/12/2021 c2 Guest
I love how you always have a soundtrack for your stories! I'd like you to post once a week, then I can savor your story for longer. What a beautiful chapter. Gilbert full of too much spirit, speaking fluent french and rescuing her and then bolting from her because it's just too painful. Anne being far more devastated to not get the pink heart from him than not getting a ring from Roy. She deep down knows what this means, just like she knows why she doesn't want Roy coming to the island. I appreciate actually seeing Anne and Roy's relationship for once, no one usually writes about it, even though she dated him for over a year. Phil is right about jitters, but we all know that Anne's doubt is real and she shouldn't ignore it.
7/12/2021 c2 Margo
Oh thank you for posting this gem of Anne sort just what I wanted and needed after a absolutely awful year keep well and stay safe and please keep writing
7/12/2021 c2 Denie1943
Thanks for sharing. Did I mention that I detest Roy and all he stands for. Oh, OK you just need him to add angst to your story. Some really like that. My problem is this world filled with angst. You know, covid, the middle east, hackers, Trump lies, etc. So, my reading is a lovely escape and I love the HEA. Stay well!
7/11/2021 c2 2caprubia
I love it! You're adding such depth to the characters. I really like how Anne is quickly realizing how much she misses Gil and that Roy might not be the one.

I say post as often as FKAJ will let you! Thrice a week... or daily!
7/11/2021 c2 Guest
Definitely daily! Unless you’d just like to gift us the story in it’s entirety :) Love this story and am excited to see where you take it.
7/11/2021 c2 5LizzyEastwood
I am so very much on board with this! And good Lord was it refreshing. I thought I might have to wait for any interaction between Anne and Gilbert and then when it happened I'd have to slog through the awkwardness, etc. You've turned it all on its head so wonderfully. The tension is there, the bit of awkwardness is there, but it doesn't drive the story and create over reactions and other irritations. I love that about this so much! I love Anne really feeling the weight of Roy and trying to come to terms with it.
That damn enamel heart gets me every time and here is no different. I could hear it told a million different ways and I still think it's the sweetest thing Gilbert Blythe ever did (discounting of course giving up the school for Anne! okay, so the second sweetest!) and the way you have it here, along side Roy's disappointing (though secretly relieving to Anne) box and note was brilliant. Loved it, love your writing, love it all, so keep it coming!
7/11/2021 c2 JuneOfTheVilla
Thrice! Or even more!
7/11/2021 c2 Bananifer
More more more! Thrice please!
249 « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 .. Last Next »