FanFiction.Net
for Underneath The Sky

5/13 c1 Books85
I enjoyed your alternate POV. Kinda wished I could see Umbridge. Get her comeuppance, but it is probably better to leave it to the reader's imagination.

Thank you!
3/10 c1 MuffinRamsey
OMG! Cecil is the hilarious backstory that we never knew we needed.
12/12/2023 c1 kiwihipp
Let’s hope the merpeople and Cecil have lots of fun with Umbridge!
12/6/2023 c1 118Shenandoah76209
OMG! Would another chapter from Gawp's or Firenze's POV be possible? Just to find out what the heck happens with Umbridge?
8/5/2023 c1 BMS
Nice.
Shame we can't see what Cecil and the Mermen (now there's a great band name) do to Umbridge though.
6/25/2023 c1 fairytalebliss182
I love it! Funnycute!
1/3/2023 c1 Guest
I love it and I love his plan to get rid of Umbrage. I also love how he was brought to be a monster and instead he lifts 11 year olds out of the lake when they slip
7/22/2022 c1 Fallow59
kudos : )
7/13/2022 c1 Tork01
There are very few stories where I've cheered for the giant squid. This is definitely one of them.
6/26/2022 c1 ak
ça promet d'être amusant! :)
6/13/2022 c1 Guest
If you would drop this "one shot' over on ao 3 and tag it like you did "A One Night Stand in Three Acts" to your "One Shot" story in 7 chapters. they could be read together - please. It would also let us know you didn't jump off the astronomy tower or contract COVID or something equally horrible.
3/3/2022 c1 Grosvenor
I love this! Can you write more, please? A full story?
2/20/2022 c1 Guest
This is the 4th or 5th time I have read this "footnote" to LIVE FOREVER. Everytime I come up with the same half dozen directions this segment could head. This makes two "dangling participles" you've left on this site (SLIDING DOORS has the other spot). I thought your English skills were better than that. Oh, by the way, don't ask me to define what a "dangling participle" is. I never figured it out some sixty years ago when I was a high school senior when Mrs. Abkee, my English Comp. teacher, circled it in bright red ink with a DP left over the offence. She deducted 10 points from what I thought was an excellently researched essay that deserved at least a 95%. I graduated from law school 25 years after that class (second career and all that rot). I always got excellent results from my "well researched" briefs, but never figured out just what the damn fool mistake was. Her comment was, "look it up". She knew her stuff, but Snape reminded me of the battleax (as she was "affectionately" known).
1/14/2022 c1 Mvelez91
Lol Barney
12/30/2021 c1 121Kimberly T
How did I miss this delightful tidbit before today?! I'm so glad you decided to revisit the Live Forever 'verse!

Cecil the Squid, and Barney the Basilisk. Kinda hard to believe that Salazar Slytherin decided to name them that, but perhaps he'd done so after having a few more drams of firewhiskey than were normally advisable. ;-)

I'm confused over the spellcasting between Harry and Hermione that Cecil witnessed. Is it maybe that Hermione's casting Legilimency on Harry, to test his Occlumency? But if so, who'd she learn Legilimency from? Given how very few Legilimens are known in the series, I would think it a very difficult skill to learn...
*pauses as struck by a thought*
As difficult as animagery, say. But goodness, didn't we learn in the series that there are a lot more Unregistered animagi then there are Registered animagi? So there are probably a fair number of unknown Legilimencers in Harry's world, too, using their abilities on the sly. But canon Dumbledore chose Snape to torment/teach Harry Occlumency because He's Dumbledore and He Has His Reasons, Just Trust Him.
Anyway, was it testing-Occlumency-with-Legilimency that Cecil witnessed, or was it something else?

I'm hoping that you'll continue this story from a different perspective! After all, there are several different types of magical beasts & beings to be found outside the castle besides Cecil and the merfolk. There's the centaurs (Firenze was still with the herd in autumn, he didn't leave them to teach in the castle until spring), and the hippogriff and thestral herds. (And the acromantulas, who are capable of human speech unlike the thestrals and hippogriffs, but really I'm fine with leaving them out of everything.) And in mid-November by the canon timeline, Hagrid returns to Hogwarts with Grawp in tow (how the heck did Hagrid hide Grawp while they were traveling across Europe, anyway?!)
43 Page 1 .. Last Next »