FanFiction.Net
for You're a Gamer Harry!

8/7/2022 c1 Glmo11
he talks maturely because of his circumstances.
5/27/2022 c3 Guest
Yep, I already see the morons that would allow for idiocy of overpricing the mc. All it takes is one word and the furious zelots of mc fans would ruing the shops that would think of swindling the little celebrity and the mc only need to say a few words to the reporters and they would simply smell blood.
3/30/2022 c4 Cleddyf
I like this. As for "alignment", I think neutral/gray is best. Harry as portrayed doesn't seem the sort to be outright evil.

Good heart but willing to use painful curses and be pragmatic when it doesn't slip into edgy torture/murder sprees works for me.
3/30/2022 c4 mike3308
Harry is significantly stronger than most who are level 1 students.
3/18/2022 c3 Guest
Slytherclaw!
3/18/2022 c3 Aggrandize
The past two chapters have been ok so far, but the lack of game elements is making me question if the game was even needed for this fic. Also, I know basically everyone reading knows what the game stats are but it would still be a good idea to quickly go over what the stats mean, as right now we have no idea what effect they have on Harry. Lastly, we did a one year time skip from chapter 1 to chapter 2, but it wasn't really explained what Harry did in that time. Did he explore the game more? Did he find different ways to use magic? You should try to fill in some of the holes that have been created.
3/18/2022 c1 Aggrandize
I think the transitions between third person and first person were odd. It might be better to stick to just first person for the future unless we are viewing another character's POV
3/16/2022 c1 olympaforged
gray harry please. gray harry best harry
3/16/2022 c3 5kent-jensen
enjoying
3/16/2022 c3 JohnMonty
Good chapter and fanfic! Any thoughts on Harry performing body and magic enhancing rituals? Getting A start on mastering the Mind Arts? I think it would be if he got sorted into Ravenclaw as it would be A better choice than Gryffindor and Slytherin. He would be safer there and Ravenclaw can help feed and nurcher that desire to be A great wizard every wand-weilder has inside them. Looking forward to reading more! Update soon!
3/15/2022 c3 magitech
Nice to avoid the usual Ron and Hermione meetings though I could have done without Draco.
Then again the 4 here knowing what an ass he is might persuade them to all go for Ravenclaw.

Harry going into Slytherin has been done to death, especially where everything turns out 1000% better just because he foes there. To the house populated by the spawn of DE's with a Head of House who gets his jollies abusing 3/4 of the children while hiding behind his position and Dumbledore.
9/29/2021 c2 SLappYNano
i think a pure grey Harry would be good. most grey harry stories are weighted more towards dark and very few a pure grey. also with him being a gamer it would make sense he was more of a logical view on magic then light and dark
9/29/2021 c2 magitech
Interesting start and I hope you write your own story and not blindly follow canon events/
Also note that if you make a major change, future events will likely not flow on as JK outlined.
A Harry who loves flying but is uninterested in Quidditch would be a nice change. Personally I find JK's game idiotic and boring to read.

I do hope this Harry does not go into either Gryffindor OR Slytherin. Story's of Harry going there are so common as to be cliched and boring, especially as the writer tries to make Slytherins the greatest people ever and everything that has gone wrong is the fault of the brain dead Gryffindors.
If you are darkish, it doesn't mean evil, nor does Light mean good and why advertise you're Greyish by going into the House 3/4 of the population think cannot be trusted.

As Harry is angered by these books about him, a bit on Alexandra helping him take legal action against all connected with them.
I have long thought Harry needed an older and more mature lady to help him with everything Dumbles and Co threw him into, so this could be the start of a close relationship with Alexandra.
9/22/2021 c1 lonetigar20
Awesome can't wait for more :)
9/8/2021 c1 JaimonDosFendu
You say your writing sucks but it was a great first chapter, to the point, lots of things happen in fewer words but it doesn't feel overwhelming. It felt to me that it was a nice start. Some may complain that the thought process was light, rushed or anormal ; I say we got good info, a glimpse at Harry's predisposition to mischief and motivations.
At the start of a fanfic I like a somewhat light hearted start to get an idea of its direction, so as long as like-minded readers come, you tick all the marks in my book.
A big plus for the grammar and the child of darkness perk and its explanation, it was funnily appropriate ;)
I hope to see more soon !
20 Page 1 2 Next »