FanFiction.Net
for meant to be

1/22 c9 3Lavinia Maxwell
I'm shocked that Remy is going to marry Diana Barry :-O
1/22 c9 Guest
Another bombshell of a chapter! So many thoughts...!
So Ruby’s child is alive. Yet this is the first hint of it. And Gilbert refers to the child as “the baby” - Uncommon choice for a father. Furthering my suspicion that not only is this child (again, interestingly, not even acknowledged in his mind as a girl... simply “the baby”. Hmmm) not sired by him, she’s likely Remy’s offspring. She might even look like Remy (as she apparently doesn’t resemble Ruby) - and he resents her for reminding him of all that Remy has been (liar, coward, scoundrel). Perhaps with no insignificant sprinkling of a new addition, that he is the vocally expressed object of Monty’s affection despite the many years passed spent apart.
Remy and Diana. I wonder if we will get a chance to meet this iteration of Diana, who grew up without Anne. In canon, Diana clearly fancied Gilbert (at least there was some level of attraction) and told Anne so when he returned to Avonlea. And here, she is engaged to Remy, Anne’s first true friend (?love). Perhaps all kindreds are inextricably linked. And I’m not willing to give up on Remy just yet. His story will be compelling and I can’t wait to hear it whenever you’re ready to spill!
Gilbert has finally admitted to himself that he needs Anne in his life. I did a triumphant little dance. We have indeed hit a milestone. And no, Gil, a Remy reveal will not devastate this Anne or any Anne is who still has her Gilbert. I’m picturing a lovely little homestead (mandorla) where Gilbert the farmer works alongside his father and they return home after a long day out in the fields to Anne, maybe with a red headed babe with brilliant hazel eyes...
another random thought... Monty/Anne here is a poet. I wonder if she, like all the other iterations of Anne, has thoughts of further formal education and aspirations to be a teacher? I can see Gilbert being eager to help with that ambition if so. Perhaps even offer to enable that undertaking. It’s Gilbert’s way of expressing romance. And I just love it. Better than any sonnet!
1/22 c9 7wishwars
I love Gilbert’s insight into why Monty was upset! And OMG all the revelations- he has a kid?! Diana marrying Jerry?! I’m so sad at the thought that Diana didn’t have Anne to bring more whimsy into her life :(
1/22 c9 2Enna Energe
It’s hard to put into words how much I enjoy your updates. It’s like getting together with family again after a long absence, like a warm, firm hug you are reluctant to let go. Thank you.
1/22 c8 7Formerly known as J
You know I love a chapter beginning with a Maud quote, and I also adored reading about Monty's resourcefulness to purchase and make all those thoughtful Christmas gifts for her new "family". And fancy her writing a card revealing her real name to Gilbert - somehow the wording her note reminded me of GB's that accompanied her enamel heart in canon, and it made my hert sing. She really is ready to let her guard down, isn't she? Grrrr! Of course even this iteration of Anne loves a puffed sleeve, that little deet was so good!

God I loved Gilbert being so taken with her rippling red hair, that boy is smitten all right. Somehow that invitation to harvest the potatoes seemed like the most romantic thing in the world, and my god I do love a hot man in a creamy Arran sweater. I loved how desperate Monty was for him to join them for Christmas dinner, and that it meant so much to her. Why did I feel like even Mrs Figgis wants to write a "take notice" about Monty and Gilbert, their chemistry in this story is absolute gold!

But let's not forget the complete lack of chemistry between Gilbert and Josie. Can't say I was sad to see Miss Pye leave, after that hideous dinner with Josie and her uncle, my relief was real. I truly hope Ruby didn't break Gilbert, and I can't wait to find out more about that little backstory. I know you'll tell us all in good time, won't you? You also know there's about a million more questions swirling around in my head, but I better stop now.

Fave line: want-to-be knights with overblown senses of honour and passions for potatoes. Ohh lala, I love it!
Or was it: Gilbert dropping the pot when he saw her long red hair like a banner...rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Also: "Watch where you're going, you nincompoop!" LOL
1/22 c7 CCPH
Turns out I was the one who gasped and had questions when hearing Ruby’s story!Seems Charlie’s gossiping ways were inherited fr his mum. I can’t quite decide if his decision to tell Monty the story was because he just wanted to spark a bond with her that shared secrets have a way of doing OR if even he understands that grudges and annoyances are still a form of passionate exchange and one he may subconsciously feel competition with when it comes to his closest chum Gil. My sense of Charlie is he’s clinging to Monty since she accepts him as he is (an experience he gets fr no one else but Gil) but also she’s probably the only female who pays him any mind. As for Monty, she tolerates him enough much like a sibling where there is affection there but also a bit of indifference. I have to get used to Gil when he’s with Josie. I admit I always smile at the sartorial choices he seems to make (endure?) bc it’s a huge departure from the dashing image I’m used to. I have no doubt he’s willing to just put on whatever pleases Josie. Gil inherently doesn’t really care about clothes so why would he put up a fight in the other direction when asked to gussy it up a bit. I am curious how Monty’s new knowledge of Gil’s tragedy will influence her approach to him in the next chapter. I wondered if her tears in the end were for him and his loss, or more for her and her loss. BTW I’m suspicious that Gil is actually not Ruby’s sweetheart and had married to save her from a dastardly fate, one that still ended in tragedy. Can’t wait yo find out if my guess is correct!
1/22 c6 CCPH
I loved how this chapter really gave us a sense of Monty’s inherent sensibility to survive, how her quick logic and “rose tinted glasses” were both the means of her troubles and her joys. Of course this multi-roomed palace would have a cloud room and of course it would be used to house 2 kindred spirits! In a strange way much of how Monty fell in love with Remi seems to be slowly replicating in her relationship with Gil. Both situations were birthed under almost dreamlike circumstances when in reality it was a moment of the most dire of needs. I love the “chorus” you’ve given us with the boys. They serve as a foil to Gil, and a surrogate for us, in their immediate and verbally unencumbered expression of admiration for Anne. This story’s Gil also deliciously harbors the wonderfully frustrating grudge Anne typically holds against him in the booksin most other fics. I’m quite enjoying so many of your different twists of fate.
1/21 c5 CCPH
As frustrating as falling behind on reading chapters can be there is something quite indulgent in moving from one chapter to anotherit’s almost like there is a spell that doesn’t have to get broken with anticipation. Last chapter was like a dreamy traipse through Eden that eventually led us into Neverland. The boys sitting around the smoldering fire enticed by the aroma of Monty’s expertly flavored potatoes felt a bit like Wendy tucking all the boys in for bed, a weirdly motherly moment for one who is actually just their contemporary. And much like with Peter, Monty and Gil now have to traverse a new phase where who they thought they were with each other, to each other, has to be redefined. Gil is so upset to learn his ‘Monty’ isn’t really his after all- if her name isn’t real, is nothing else between them? As the saying goes “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.” Is not a Rose Finn Apple still the same Rose Finn Apple even if one just calls it a potato? I have a feeling Gil is about to find out.
1/21 c5 CCPH
1/21 c4 CCPH
As frustrating as falling behind on reading chapters can be there is something quite indulgent in moving from one chapter to another, it’s almost like there is a spell that doesn’t have to get broken with anticipation. Last chapter was like a dreamy traipse through Eden that eventually led us into this chapter’s Neverland. The boys sitting around the smoldering fire enticed by the aroma of Monty’s expertly flavored potatoes felt a bit like Wendy tucking all the boys in for bed, a weirdly motherly moment for one who is actually just their contemporary. And much like with Peter, Monty and Gil now have to traverse a new phase where who they thought they were with each other, to each other, has to be redefined. Gil is so upset to learn his ‘Monty’ isn’t really his after all- if her name isn’t real, is nothing else between them? As the saying goes “What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.” Is not a Rose Finn Apple still the same Rose Finn Apple even if one just calls it a potato? I have a feeling Gil is about to find out.
1/21 c4 CCPH
Oooh their secret garden: question is, is this more akin to Hester Gray’s or more akin to Eden.
1/20 c8 Guest
And: I’m sure Remy is involved in Gilberts tragedy with Ruby. These boys had a competitve relationship inside the classroom and out (so I’m assuming it continued with farming and girls…?). Can’t wait for the return to that storyline, I’m sure it will be heart-wrenching – for both Monty and me.
1/20 c8 ms.julie
Mmmmhhhh! Gilbert in a creamy Arran sweater from his father. Makes me want to nestle up against his chest and somehow captures the comfort and tingle of the sweet little Christmas celebration amongst these four somewhat lost souls. One of the (many!) things I love about your stories are the seemingly trivial, but constantly interlocked details: the colour purple leading from Annes present to Gilberts clothing (and to Josie ringing in my ear!), then Gilberts clothing jumping back to that beautifully described path in an earlier chapter, of bricks interwoven like the knots of an Arran sweater, forming mandorlas, the name of John Blythes farm and a metaphor for the moment Gilbert and Anne spend together in that same backgarden by the fire… etc. etc. It makes your stories so rich both in language and in meaning.
1/19 c8 Guest
It never occurred to me until I read the reviews that Gil might not be the father of Ruby's baby but now I'm wondering...Josie said Ruby broke him, not just her death. Do his issues with honesty and loyalty stem from her? What is the big lie? And speaking of being honest, I hope he tells Monty soon about Jerry/Remy. She's going to be so angry when she finds out that he knew all this time and didn't tell her, especially since she might tell him her name soon. Even drunk Mrs. Figgis can see how much they take notice of each other!
1/19 c6 Guest
Whole story is giving Poldark lol
273 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »