for If I Die Young

4/8 c5 2KatDog42
I totally forgot to review chapter four, so I'm going to cover both chapters in this review. First of all, I love how every chapter starts with a Broadway song! I really hope to see a Cats reference in one of them!

Anyway, I like how Dria's the strong silent type. If Azalea's relationship with her cousin is anything like the rest of the family's, they seem to be pretty tightly knit. I'm not sure how Dria will do when it comes to killing people though... I absolutely love Jack! Her escape from two is interesting, and I love how she has dreams of being an artist.

Naya and Caldwell's relationship is awesome. I can connect with both sides of their argument. I wonder how they'll develop when they get into the games. Will they be forced to grow closer or will they be bent on killing each other. I find it interested how, like Jack, they have dreams that stretch beyond just surviving. I feel bad for Naya. I don't think her plan to volunteer will go as planned. A president who sends children to die is probably not going to care about the environment. Another great chapter, as always! I'll be looking forward to the next one!
4/8 c4 1paperthorn
ALRIGHT! A bit late to reviewing because my life is a mess, but better late than never. And I am already so deeply concerned about these kids, although maybe a bit more for Dria than for Jack.

Dria is clearly very smart and very capable, but I am already so sad. That kind of self-imposed isolation when they're so young...I'm kind of worried about how far they're going to be able to get in the Games if they don't look for some kind of alliance. I'm weak for the loners by default, and I can tell that I'm going to be extremely stressed out on Dria's behalf for the entire time. Truly sending them only the best vibes.

I know it's what everyone is saying, but I'm also super interested in Jack's escape from District 2. I doubt it's something that happens very often, and she's a total sweetheart, but I'm wondering what kinds of skills she brought with her. She might not have received proper Career training, but I'm curious if there's any advantages that living in Two might give her over tributes who have only EVER lived in the outer districts. I guess it probably depends on how long she lived there.

All in all: a wonderful first chapter! Man, I'm excited for the rest of these. Can't wait to get to know everyone and then immediately start crying about them.
4/4 c4 8QueenOfMorning37
I’m so happy to see some tributes! Dria’s family are a bit of an anomaly in District 6. I’ve always pictured Six as really densely populated city, which must have made it really had for them to isolate themselves. They must’ve REALLY wanted to do it. I wonder why. I feel bad for Dria because it must be really hard to be the only agender person in such a small community. I wonder how they’ll do in the arena. They’re pretty young but I also see some strengths in their POV. A good memory and a knowledge of plants is a pretty winning combo. I also wonder whether Dria will find allies. I can think of a tribute they might get along well with but it depends on whether they’re open to an alliance.

Jack’s backstory is really intriguing. She’s escaped from District 2? That’s a pretty impressive feat. I wonder how that will affect her attitude towards the Twos in the games. Will they remind her of her father? I have a feeling she’ll do well. She seems to be pretty resourceful, especially if she managed to escape her district. She also knows how to hunt and how to use a spear so maybe that’ll help her out.
4/4 c4 12Nautics
Hey! This was an really enjoyable intro chapter, it was short and concise and I really got a sense of who characters were. You did really good with that! Starting with Dria, they are very interesting. They seem slightly antisocial, lonely and isolated but they seem content with that and thats a mood but I get the feeling their heart is in the right place. Jack is fasinating honestly, like she has such an interesting backstory being from 2 and with her father which was upsetting but now she's a boar hunter in district 10? I'm intrigued. Her personality is also really loveable which is a plus. Both of these characters were really interesting. Once again really good intro and i'm looking forward to the next one for sure!
4/4 c4 11rising-balloons
hi miri! this is such a cute chapter- i love short and sweet so this hit home for me. it's very concise but it's giving everything it needs to and i love that. as for the characters, jack is a total sweetie and i love her. wanting to make the world a better place so others don't suffer like she does- how can i not love that? and she likes drawing? poor thing is just trying her best and she's adorable i love her. dria i'm already a bit worried for because of the way they like to isolate themself. i think it'll be difficult for them to last long alone, both for survival reasons and meta reasons- i, at least, find alliances easier to write than loners. but maybe that's just me. they do seem real nice though, and they're smart which should help. anyway, great first intros chapter! see you next time!
-rb
3/31 c3 2KatDog42
Ava is my favorite character so far! I love her relationship with her daughter! I also really enjoy her sarcasm and haughtiness. Even though she's also been through pain and trauma, she's certainly no pushover! Signet seems pretty weak and incompetent, but after his suggestion to broadcast the games, I have a feeling that he might turn into one of the antagonists...

And if we're talking about antagonists, I obviously have to bring up Pericles and the mysterious bodyguard. I absolutely hate Pericles (in the best way possible). He and Mirabelle both seem to despise each other. I'd be interested in knowing how their arranged marriage came to be and what exactly happened. Another great chapter! Well done!
3/17 c3 8QueenOfMorning37
There’s a lot of politics going on this chapter. The first time I read this chapter, I was kinda shocked that Signet didn’t want to end the games but then I looked back to his POV and it made a lot of sense. He did say he wanted a spectacle. That’s a pretty ruthless move. I look forward to seeing more of him. Ava is interesting as well. I like how much she cares for her daughter but she seems to have a lot of enemies. I hope Ava can protect Stelle.

I think Pericles may be my least favourite of the first few characters. He just gives off this evil vibe. He just hired a bodyguard to keep Mirabelle prisoner. That is so sinister! I hope the ghost ends up betraying him or something.

Now I feel like submitting another tribute. Maybe I will if I get any good ideas.
3/16 c3 2Very New To This
Great chapter as always!
2/25 c2 Very New To This
Great chapter as always! I can't wait to hear about their plans. :)
2/25 c1 Very New To This
Great chapter! I just realized at the end that Signet doesn't know what the Games actually are. Oh, I can't wait to see his reaction on the Games.
2/15 c2 8QueenOfMorning37
I love this chapter as well! I love the way you describe how Chalet and Linnet experience the world. Chalet is such a tragic character. He was so innocent and then he was exploited by the Capitol and now he feels so much guilt for every tribute he’s watched die. *sobs*

As for Linnet, it’s sad how the games took her from her home and her family. That is the best description of District 9 I’ve ever seen and it’s so sad because Linnet’s lost everything. I’m glad she’s found some sort of family among the other victors and I’m excited to see more of them.

I regret nothing, because my District 12 Male is based on the most iconic sadboii of all time and he fits right in here. I hope you got his form. Let me know if you didn’t and I’ll send it again.
2/14 c2 2KatDog42
Amazing once again! I personally love the change in style because it reflects the differences in your characters and their thought processes. Your ability to do that shows real talent! I love Chalet's history. I never thought about how the stylists first got involved in the Hunger Games, and I love your take on it! I'm also curious to find out what it arena will be if it's not a forest. Hopefully we'll find out in the next prologue! I know Avarette is supposed to be a somewhat antagonistic character, but I honestly kind of like her. She's sort of a beam of humor and sarcasm in the midst of all the pain created by the games. Linnet is another deep character who's been hurt by the Hunger Games. I'm excited to see if her pain will drive her to assist Mirabelle with whatever she's planning (same with Chalet). Overall, another great chapter! You're one of my favorite authors on this site!
2/11 c1 1shinigamieyed
This is beautifully written; even from the first paragraphs your prose resonates deeply. Your ability to create sympathetic, tragic characters (as exemplified by Mirabelle and Signet) is remarkable. I also found it really interesting how Mirabelle became a trophy wife after winning the Games; I don't think I've ever seen anything like that in a fic. Signet is horribly young and unprepared to run a nation, which will definitely amplify the chaos of the Games. Overall, I'm thrilled to see more of your writing and worldbuilding, and I'll 100% be submitting characters!
2/1 c1 2KatDog42
I love Mirabelle! First of all, her name is so pretty! Second, it seems like ever since she got married, she's played the part of a perfect wife in the Capitol, so it'll be interesting to see what she's plotting behind the image she gives off. I'm excited to see where this goes, because anything she plans seems like it will be a lot easier to execute with a new president like Signet in power. Great intro!
1/27 c1 3SakuraDreamerz
ooooo, this looks interesting OwO
I definitely plan to send a tribute or 2 your way! X3 im excited!
76 « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »