FanFiction.Net
for What it Means to Live Forever

12/22/2023 c10 Malfe
Glad I read this, Ive read a few of your fics, and you have a way with words that resonates with me.

Thanks for the good read, even if im sad/happy now.
8/17/2023 c10 1LordCybot
God this was incredible.
I was listening to the Shippuden OST track “Experienced Many Battles” in the latter half of this chapter and it ruined me. I wish we could know a little more sbout the wider shinobi world since Obito dying so early on changes many things, but I get thats sort of beyond the scope here.
8/13/2023 c10 General Bobo
Be proud dear author, for you have created a masterpiece.
7/2/2023 c10 AsperOkami
This 10 chapter history really made me wept over 'Orochimaru's death out of everyone.

The writing was incredible and really fitting, better than the original Orochimaru reflecting on the after life (Or so it seemed because of how quick it was) and coming back as a friend to the Duck hair that killed him. I don't think I'll laugh so much at Pedophimaru jokes anymore lmao, great history.
6/8/2023 c10 Kjellination
this was the most amazing fanfic I ever read, thank you
6/2/2023 c10 KuramaUchiha7
I’d like to start by saying this is one of my top five fics of all time, and I’ve read literally thousands. The fact that its stats are so low that it took me a year to find it is horrifically unfair. The definition of a hidden gem.

I’m nowhere near eloquent enough to properly express just how impressed I am, so I’ll go about it in a roundabout way instead. There are many things about this fic that I normally find boring or otherwise undesirable in others. A predictable plot is one of them. Orochimaru’s fate of willing self sacrifice is made obvious from as early as his first mention of immortality to Hiruzen, and yet I found this story and Orochumaru’s long preordained death anything but boring. Pulling that off when countless professional writers have failed is a testament to some serious skill.

You’ve written an infinitely better change of heart arc for Orochimaru than what he gets in canon and actually succeeded in fully redeeming the guy, something I never would’ve thought possible despite actually being a huge fan of the character. The way you handled his internal struggle and used the foreshadowing and obvious plot to your advantage was just wow. I’d say that he’s just a little too nice to believably be the same guy we see attack Konoha and kill Hiruzen, but there isn’t really much to point to that is truly off about him. Yeah, he was pretty damn evil in his canon future, but who’s to say how much of that was just his obsession? Who’s to say how much of it came from awareness that he’d crossed the line long ago and there was no way back?

I really hope you decide to write another Orochimaru-centric fic like this in the future. You’re one of a very, very select few who can write an Orochimaru that isn’t a complete caricature, and the only one I know of to have ever successfully made him a good guy. There isn’t enough of this guy around here, and he’s a great character to explore a lot of interesting existentialist ideas with.
4/13/2023 c10 kax321
This fic provokes in me the same feeling, of inspiration and nostalgia, that one fic about team 7 in a timeloop, where they, in one loop, joined orochimaru together, and made him contemplate, on the what ifs. On what could've happened if he went to Jiraiya and Tsunade with his concerns back then, if they would've stood with him like those three before him.

Outstanding story.
2/5/2023 c10 FehrUzumaki
Loved this story. The extrapolations of characters was superb. The inner dialogue of the main character and his duality and the consequences of decisions was portrayed very realistically insofar as this is a fictional of a fictional. Thanks for the effort author-san
1/30/2023 c10 Magatsu Tempest
Of all the years I've read here in this site (over 10 years now IIRC), the reviews I've given to authors are less than 10, always preferring to read only and not to react so I'll apologize in advance if its gonna be long.

I initially discovered you when I was looking for more RWBY fanfics and After Happily Ever After came up on my suggested stories. I was really impressed of your writing skills on the get-go, so naturally I checked your profile and checked all the others that you had written so far. When I saw the summary for this story I was immediately intrigued and curious how the story will play out since these "what if" stories get me hooked the most; even just a small change in a character's setting will drive my need to know what happens in that scenario.

And lo and behold, I was also captivated by chapter 1, more so after chapter 2. I have to stop myself from reading chapter 3 immediately, since the final chapter for AHEA was updated and I understandably wanted to know the conclusion for that first before continuing here. So I placed this aside, vowing to finish this before I go to bed tonight, and I didn't know if that was the right move or not (signs point to yes), now I'm here after binging, and the final chapter all in all hit me. HARD.

I remember thinking when Obito was introduced, "This could only end in one way". It still didn't stop me sobbing on Orochimaru's deathbed until the epilogue. I rarely cry when I feel sadness on this scale, but everything at that moment, the remorse, the redemption, the forgiveness, the finality. I cried for Orochimaru, sad that he only experienced being with his loved ones, though he try to dent it initially, while still happy that he still experienced it all nevertheless. I'm really glad that it ended at Minato's POV since he's not that close to him, but still impacted by his sacrifice, as well as being his successor all the same.

I believe it's gone too long for a normal review to be, so I'll just finish this with this: Thank you for creating and sharing this story, I'm really glad that I had discovered and read it, and I'll definitely be browsing your past works while anticipating your future ones.
12/26/2022 c10 3ChimamireNoBara22
Orochimaru isn't exactly my favorite character, but I enjoyed this story! You kept him really in-character while also allowing him to have a believable change of heart in the end. I even shed a few tears when he died!
12/3/2022 c10 TomasDark
This is a fucking master piece author-sama! You are awesome!
11/8/2022 c10 1Eldaxerus
You made me cry like a little b*tch. Over Orochimaru of all people. I hope you're happy.

... this also might the best Naruto fanfiction I've ever read.
10/22/2022 c10 Nwcleear
HOLY FUCK? IVE NEVER BAWLED MY EYES OUT SO HARD IN FOREVER. Really started with a hmm what if orochimaru good and HUH?! WHY IS THIS SO GOOD HNNNGGG SHUT UP AND TAKE MY FAVORITES
8/30/2022 c10 SgtSmelly
Wow. This is undoubtedly in my top 10, probably top 5, fanfics of all time now. I’ve always had a sweet tooth for fics where Orochimaru is pulled from the darkness, and I can wholeheartedly say that this is the best one I’ve ever read. Your characterization and character development of Orochimaru may seem a little far fetched for some while comparing it to canon, but I still think it would be possible. Either way, this is fan fiction, so variation from canon and creativity are very important. My favorite parts of this fic are easily the interactions between Tsunade and Orochimaru, especially when Tsunade lets herself become emotionally vulnerable with him. I hope you continue making new fics and look forward to future stories ;D
8/19/2022 c10 Kyakou
This is the best fanfiction and quite possibly the best work of fiction that I’ve genuinely ever read. You humanized a character that I never would’ve thought I’d empathize with and spun a gripping and compelling tale that I felt honoured to read. Thank you author! Looking forward to your next story!
69 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »