FanFiction.Net
for We Need to Talk

1/23 c1 10SWChica2005
This is how I wish the whole freezer scene went down! I was gettinf increasingly frustrated with how much Kate and Rick danced around each other, and refused to finally admit out loud how they felt for one another.
11/23/2023 c1 Traci Purtan
Great Story. You Hit it out of the BallPark. Grand Slam Home Run!
10/15/2023 c1 Jbug47
Well done!
10/2/2023 c1 Traci Purtan
Amazing Story! You Hit It out of the Park! Grand Slam Home Run!
9/18/2023 c1 61Pen to Paper Writer
Overall, the story's idea should have been explored on the show, but I don't think ever was. You painted Josh as a man who took the high road and let Kate and Rick explore their possible relationship together. This was never done with detail in the series.

The ending can't be rewritten in Josh's ending comments for your story, but after reading what he said, maybe you should have gone into more of an explanation about how he felt. He knew Kate but didn't know her like Castle did. They have that shared brain thing, but with Josh, it's not really as prevailing.

The story needs to be continued with the conversation we all know they will need to have. If your writing is true, then Rick and Kate can be a couple long before she gets shot. And who knows, maybe if that's the case in your Universe, maybe she never gets shot. So many possibilities!

I hope you consider continuing it would be fun to read where you go with it next if you do.
9/8/2023 c1 1MrsUnknown007
Love it. Pls write/add a second chapter about castle and Beckett having that conversation!
9/8/2023 c1 tallcajun
This two chapter canon episode has always been my favorite Castle/Fillion time. This alternate version is a delightful moment. As a forever Caskett fan, I surely enjoyed it and thank you for sharing.
9/6/2023 c1 10do-it-for-the-fandom
Does this count as a Josh-redemption story? You know I love a Josh-redemption story!
Thanks so much for sharing!
9/5/2023 c1 sasans
This was very good even though I'm not sure they could have had such an intense conversation while they were half frozen to death. In any case if they did I am happy at the end Josh cared enough for Kate to not make the breakup talk more painful for her. I am also glad his probable dislike of Rick was kept to himself.
9/5/2023 c1 Jokin
Love this version better than cannon, but we need another chapter. Need to hear their conversation. Please...
9/5/2023 c1 67TankW1
While this was a nice sweet little glimpse into a possible (and more popular) outcome of their confinement in the cold storage trailer. Just think how much more fun it would have been if Kate tells Rick that she can't leave Josh so Rick (who knows guys) makes a certain phone call and suddenly Josh disappears, never to be seen again. Much more fun. ;)

stay safe
Tank
9/5/2023 c1 Guest
I agree with the reviewers, another chapter needs to be written so it can really be complete,
9/5/2023 c1 9theputz913
Would love to see a second chapter where Kate and Rick, really talk as she promised.
9/5/2023 c1 Minf
Me ha encantado! Adi tendrĂ­a que haber sido en la serie.
9/5/2023 c1 23Swordwriter
Great little one shot. Many magnitudes better than canon.
Swordwriter