FanFiction.Net
for The North's White Wolf

2/15 c4 watkinap2521
I'm enjoying this fic...thank you for sharing
2/13 c8 simonbagal
I could still insist that Nathan marry Asha, I say this because even with everything seen in the books, Asha does not have much love for her family and if marrying Nathan gives her the opportunity to aspire for more, for me it is logical that do it, even more so if Nathan offers him something like being able to command the northern fleet in battle and that his children can also be navy commanders who will manage to lead the north and the iron islands to a "new era"

I see that it could go with Asha's ambitions not with someone who contains her but who complements her with the two ruling the north and the iron islands, with Nathan as her leader on land and Asha her leader at sea
2/6 c8 KingInTheNorth27
Update please
1/27 c1 alefrosier
I think a very simple thing that could be done is to use clay, shredded and frozen with water, to create something like a medieval fridge inside the ships. and as the products are located at the bottom of the ship, it should make the ice last even longer.
1/18 c8 ClassHole
If you're going to write a story with detailed battles, maybe do some research on medieval warfare and tactics. The idea that the North has almost equal numbers AND defensive formations, and would choose anything other than defending, then sallying out and fucking crushing the Ironborn is a joke. In medieval warfare, you usually need 5 times the defending force to win when attacking against a castle or defended town. Here, the defenders have almost even numbers AND know its coming, so its ridiculous they'd be even slightly threatened.

Ironborn tactics works only due to surprise and speed. They hit lightning fast before anyone knows its happening and then vanish before a response can muster. They can't fight for shit on land unless its against surprised and unprepared foes. Here, the defenders know days in advance. This whole "trap" plan is needlessly complex and poorly thought out. You clearly know fuck all about this stuff, which is fine... unless you plan to write a detailed story about it. Crack a book you goon.
1/18 c5 Guest2341
In Westeros the gold coins are called Dragons. Stags are the silver coins.

Also, the idea that the average small folk makes a gold coin every few months is laughably absurd. Smallfolk never touch gold. Ever. They use coppers and silvers day to day and even in a year wouldn't earn a gold dragon. If you're going to have economics in your story, maybe try to actually do some research so you don't sound like an idiot.
1/17 c1 Hank Jones
So I get that you aren't Lore Friendly as you said... but jesus christ at least put a token effort into getting the fucking names right you boob. I was barely like 6 paragraphs in and you've already called Dorne "Doran"... which is the name of the Prince of Dorne, Doran Martell, not the fucking kingdom... and you've called it Duskendal like 3 times... its fucking DuskenDALE. How hard is that to look up? My god. I'll assume this lazy fuck goofy will only continue if I read further, so I'm out. Just know your first chapter sucks and so do you.
1/18 c8 TehStorm
Nice chapter! Can't wait to see the fight! I wonder how Baelon will try to spin this and how Jon will unintentionally aid him...I hope that after everything is done, Nathan and Ned will be able to convince the king to take Baelon's head instead of leave him be like jon suggested on canon...

Liked the Lime btw, i'm hoping that Nathan and lose his v cad with Yin and have a relationship with her...Maybe she can become a mistress later on if Nathan's future wife is cool with it...
1/13 c8 Excellent story
Excellent story and good to see a realistic building of his power base.

I am curious to see what happens after the battle and if Nathan follows the letter of the Kings Law to get back at both the Iron Islands and Jon Arryn. What I mean by this is Piracy and Slavery is punished in Westeros with either taking the Black or Death, the Ironborn get away with this by saying they are Ironborn. However surely a “Rogue Ironborn Fleet” should lose this protection as they claim they don’t represent the Ironborn.

I am not trying to make Nathan a psychopath, but think it might be an interesting idea if Jon Arryn sends a letter demanding a release and return of the captured Ironborn to Balon in Kings Landing, and Nathan arrives with a list of all those who have taken the Black, and the heads of the rest as they followed the Kings Law concerning Pirates and Slavers. Especially if the leader of the raid was one of Balon’s sons. Could also be good to see the reactions of the other Lords Paramounts, especially those that had been either threatening the North and his position (Vale, Reach, and Riverlands), or those that are trying to get a read on him (Westerlands and potentially Dorne). Also the reactions of the small council as no doubt Stannis would support his decision, Arryn would try to punish him, and Varys wouldn’t know what to do.
1/13 c8 naruto
great chapter keep it up
1/12 c5 yahska
When did Umber become Umbra
1/11 c8 1beserkerbeast
Love to see more
BB
1/7 c8 Doomharvester1
I understand why at this time a marraige with asha is a bad idea (given that if this follows the books she is only 5 at this time) and i fully agree with your break down of why it is politically a bad idea in the chapter as well.

Its still an interesting pairing that could have a lot of promise in the future (seeing as nathan is 13 at this time i think?). Especially if Asha becomes the Starks hostage instead of Theon and he is sent elsewhere as a hostage, say the reach or even the westerlands ( though i don't think even theon deserves to be sent to the lanisters or tyrells, but someplace that the iron isles raid with regularity, maybe even bear island if the north requires two hostages).

I feel if given the chance Asha, with her competency, may make more of the opportunity being fostered at winterfell than Theon ever did, she may even be able to gain the respect of the northern lords if she works closely with nathan (and she probably would given nathan's needs and personal tastes). The issue is the matter of the historic bad blood between the iron isles and the rest of the kingdoms. Honestly, the only way that will be fixed is if Nathan and the North, or even Robert if he decides to break from jon arryns view on this, pull a Ghengis Khan.

The iron isles essentially need to be purged the of all their ruling nobility and members of the houses over a certain age (some will die in the coming war but not all). Have the north foster all of the remaining heirs under a certain age (so say 10-13 which means killing or removing everyone aged 11 or 14 and up in the iron isle noble families, which is very brutal but probably necessary if they want to reshape the iron isles into something better ). Maybe send the women over that age to the silent sisters.

Problem is that it is an extreme measure and who does it will determine largely how it is viewed. If Robert does it then it may actually make his reign more stable or less depending on if the other nobles see it as a good or bad thing. I can't see the North, westerlands, stormlands or the reach complaining about it seeing as the iron isles hit them often and the stormlands are the holding of house baratheon. The Northern lords are pragmatic and can be quite brutal when needed, Ned is atypical pf the northern lord because he was sent to foster in the vale and was not supposed to become Warden of the north as a second son. If he was lucky he may have gotten a holding by marrying into a family with only female heirs or if he distinguished himself and was gifted land. Tywin is Tywin so no problems there i don't think though I'm not sure about Mace or the queen of thorns.

If Nathan does it it would probably be with the backing of the noble lords of the North, a chance to stop the iron isles raids on them for good is too good an opportunity to pass up. Coincidently it also opens up the future possibility of a match between Asha and nathan later if the north wishes to cleave this new iron isles closely to them in the future. She is 5 at this time according to the books so she could be raised in the northern way and if done correctly be told why members of her family were put to the sword that keeps her loyal to the people who raised her ( it is actually quite unsettling but its essentially like brainwashing her but that was one of the whole points of fostering theon to begin with so it fits here too). I'd say that it would give them access to shipbuilders and capable sailors for their future naval endeavors but that may not be the case depending on who does the ship building and if the iron isle thralls ( smallfolk ) are taught to sail. If the North does this then they will have to set up Castellans with their own manpower to manage the isles until the new lords are old enough to take over which i think the north has enough people to do . The drowned priesthood would probably need to be dealt with as well.

Problem is i don't know if Nathan has it in him to do this nor do i know if Ned would back him on this. It would also give his personal enemies more ammunition against him to try and remove him ( hoster tully and jon arryn) if he is able to go through with it. Someone cunning like Tywin or the queen of thorns could paint it as an overreach by a lord paramount that threatens the power of the king which if done right would put the north at odds with the crown before Rob snuffs it.

Sorry it got so long, but i just enjoyed riffing on the idea. Looking at the pros and cons. I can't wait for more chapters. I'm still hoping for an asha/Nathan pairing, but that would probably only happen 13-15 years into the future, which is actually around the time Robert dies and the events of Game of Thrones takes place. Can't wait to see where this goes as there are other possible and interesting candidates for lady stark. Dacey Mormont could be an interesting option for lady stark depending on where you put the date of birth seeing as the estimated age range for her results in her being older or younger than Asha Greyjoy. The wiki puts her birthday anywhere between 251 and 277 AC. Maergary Tyrell is another interesting choice for lady stark as she also fits nathan's type for strong or capable women ( just differently than Asha or Dacey would). I don't think Arianne of dorne would be a good fit just because she's a bit to conniving in my opinions ( which is maybe a bit rich to say seeing as I've said Margary Tyrell would be a good fit). Danaerys may also be an interesting wife for Nathan as, again, she fits his type though that will depend very much on how you right her. You'd need to make her less unstable than she was in the series and more open to working with others like she was earlier in the series before the power and betrayals went to her head. I'm also excited to see how Nathan's changes will affect the events of game of . Will he be declared king in the north like robb was? Will he actually acend to become the king of the seven kingdoms? Will he sit in the iron throne or destroy it and rule from winterfell as the new capital? All questions I eagerly await the answers to in your fic
1/6 c7 Robert and 43
only issue is ships can't be built at a port, they need a drydock or shipyard
1/6 c8 dan.lew.upg