for To See A World

1/2 c1 Guest
I saw some people asking for an update or saying this story was abandoned. Unfortunately, that was not the case...the author died of cancer before she was able to complete it. She was a tremendous writer.
Scroll down to see the comment left by her daughter for more details.
9/16/2020 c52 Gwen
Please, say you will finish this story, or at least share with us how it should end. It is among the best fanfiction I have ever read. And my favorite portrayal of Legolas and Aragorn's friendship. I have been waiting for many years to hear the ending, and continue to hope. All my best to you. Gwen
9/18/2020 c49 aso083
I read the message from the author's daughter, and I have to say it made me cry. This story is something I took a break from for a while, but I came back to it and was nearly done reading all the chapters when I realized that it could simply not end that way.
This story was not like a fanfiction. It was its own, special story that will remain in many people's memory for a long time. I am terribly sorry for your loss, for even though I didn't know the author personally, knowing that a writer of a story I enjoyed so deeply has suffered makes me very sad. To See A World will be deeply rooted in my memory for it was one of a kind.
7/12/2020 c52 Guest
Noooo another abandoned fic
6/24/2020 c52 Sheikan
It's with a heavy heart that I comment on this. This fic is one that evey couple of years I would come back to and re-read. Whenever I think of LotR fic, I would instantly remember the bread making adventure earily on and smile. Legit the day Ian Holm passed away I had decided before knowing to come over here and start a reread long overdue and I was heart broken to see her message on her profile. Then I saw her daughters message in comments confirming the worst. This story was full of fun and life. It's an adventure well worth the ride and I'm forever grateful that you shared it with us Nightwing. May you rest in peace.
5/19/2020 c52 Perla92
Dear Nightwing,

I just wanted to say that I really hope you're safe and in a good health. I read the reason why you stopped updating. It was posted 3 years ago. I really really hope you managed to win against your illness and that you're recovering.

Also, I wanted to say that you're incredibly talented. Your story is just... Wow! Amazing! Thank you very much! I wish I can one day read its final chapter but your health comes first.

I'll pray for you, that's the least I can do. ️
4/30/2020 c52 1MandalorianPirate
So wow. I may have to add this story to my list of “fan fictions that are not written like a FanFiction.” Excellent job on your word choices and your plot. I binged this in two days and now I eagerly await the ending. It’s been five years... if you could finished, I would greatly appreciate it! I can’t wait to hear the end! :-)
12/14/2019 c52 Ella
I enjoyed this fic :)
12/10/2019 c24 Guest
That was single handedly the most beautiful chapter of any book I have EVER read in my entire life.
Thank you.
So so much.
11/15/2019 c1 kgilligan
Hello, all. I am not sure if I am commenting correctly or if anyone will ever see this, but I hope it reaches someone! I am Nightwing (Lori)’s daughter. My mother passed away on July 14, 2017 after her ovarian cancer came back. I was missing her this evening, and I decided to look up the story of hers I had never read. In doing so, I have stumbled upon all your wonderful comments and reviews. My mother loved writing this, even with her extended absences. This story, and you all, were one of her great joys. I remember her frequently mentioning the many friends she had made through her writing, and that meant so much to her. My mother was an extremely intelligent and funny introvert, who didn’t care much for socializing (except for a select few), but your words and friendship were held so close to her heart. I cannot thank you all enough for the kindness you showed her. Looking at everything you all have written about how much she has touched you all means more than I can ever express. Thank you.
6/2/2019 c52 1Umi Mizu
I just read your profile about why this hasn't been updated.
Don't really know what to say except that genuinely I hope you were able to recover and that everything is going well for you.
Thank you for the story, I really enjoyed it.
3 3 3
4/22/2019 c52 Lize Ounette
Hi there,

I know it's been years since you posted. But I need to say this :
I started reading this story back in 2009 I believe. Since then, it stayed with me.
I must say it was really not that easy to find it again after 10 years, not remembering the name.

But I'm not sorry for the search, I am delighted to have found it again, and read it again with delight. I 'm so sorry you stopped updating it for some reason. I hope you did not lose faith in your writing skills : your story here is unique.

I hop eyou are well, and that somehow you still write, even if you don't write this story anymore.

If you do come back to it one day, though, please, please tell me when you do. I would LOVE to see this one completed. It's juste too nice to read to be left forgotten here.
2/26/2019 c24 ashvianon
This was enjoyable to read
2/20/2019 c52 7Legolass Q
Dear Nightwing,

In case you are still able to read this, I just want to repeat here the message I'd posted at Stories of Arda in 2017 or 2018:

I never had the privilege of knowing you personally, but I did have the privilege of reading your story. It will remain very dear to me for a few reasons: first, it was one of the first few fanfiction stories of any kind that I'd ever read; second, it demonstrates writing and plot of the highest quality; and last but not least, it captures the friendship of Aragorn and Legolas so beautifully that it inspired my own story (For the Love of the Lord of the White Tree). Your name shall remain cited in my humble tale.

In the face of your illness, what you wrote may seem less important, but I hope you see it as a legacy to everyone who had the pleasure of taking the journey with you. It has entertained and inspired. As you go through the next part of your life, I hope you find the kind of love and support you wrote so articulately about, from the people around you.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” I know you will spend it with wisdom and fortitude (I remember how you took care of your daughter), and I wish for you much peace and serenity in the days to come.

With the greatest respect,
Legolass

Be at peace wherever you are now, Nightwing.

A note to those who have been asking for updates: please read Nightwing's final note on her bio page.
2/13/2019 c52 sleepisoverrated2
Hi... I know I’m a little late to the party (by four years or so) and I’m not even sure if you’re still on , Nightwing... but if you are, I just wanted to say that this is by far the best LoTR fanfic I have ever read. Ever. Your writing style is just gorgeous and you portray all the characters perfectly.
You really have a gift for words. If you ever do see this review, I hope it encourages you to hear that.
God bless you, mellon nin!
2,137 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »