for Vicariously

1/12/2009 c1 10Ally-Marty
Whoa! Very deep. I have to clear my mind now. ;D
11/7/2008 c1 6Republic-Of-Heaven
That was really good! I love stories with Joren in.
9/27/2003 c1 5Rowana S
This was good, definitly original, and very interesting.
9/6/2003 c1 87Quatre-sama
I love the juxtaposition of desire and hatred in Joren's mind, and how much you stress that it's a conditioned response. Your Joren is as likeable and confusing to me as Tammy's-it's quite wonderful to read the work of someone who understands him so thoroughly. Goddess Bless!
9/5/2003 c1 10an anonymous geek
uh, strange. but interesting. keep going.
9/5/2003 c1 A-lien V-ision
this was cool! continue it! it sounds awesome, a great beginning for a great fanfic. please update soon...
9/4/2003 c1 Ophelia
yay!

your actually alive!

i know you haven't updated ICBW in ages

so it's nice to know your still amont the living.
9/4/2003 c1 21shadowcat15
It was interesting to see something from you in the PotS universe. I liked it though. I like how he refuses to let himself feel.

School just started for me, and it's my freshmen year, I am not looking forward to the ammounts of homework.
9/4/2003 c1 Sailacel
very cool! you're a great writer! poor poor joren, you can't help but feel sorry for him sometimes *sometimes*
9/4/2003 c1 7Keita
Quite 4D, I must say. When you say depth, you mean DEPTH. Not the dinky "I'm jealous of her friends" depth that everyone else writes. Good job.

:oD
9/4/2003 c1 27Starchild524
The writing is great! You paint vivid imagery with both visual and emotional descriptions - well-organized and complementary, they weave together into a seamless and engaging whole. I should read more of your fics.

So you're saying - Joren doesn't hate fully or strongly enough to actually take out his grievances with Kel - so he imagines his triumph over her - hence "vicariously"? That's an interesting idea. Many writers see JOren as the complete, immutable, self-satisfied jerk, rather than someone who truly experiences doubt and insecurity when threatened (here, by Kel).

Hm... the first time I read it through, I didn't see the continuity, or the "singular effect" dominating the story throughout. After looking at the fic more, I really see Joren's discomfort and dissatisfaction at seeing Kel and her friends - which carries the whole theme of the story. This is a strong fic - very well-written and smooth. Bravo!
9/4/2003 c1 emily
very good story to pass the time... but please get back to writing ICBW!
9/4/2003 c1 15Evilstrawberry
Wow, that was great. Joren was very in character...and slightly creepy...with the whole hiding behing shelves and the last bit with the wind. I liked it!
9/3/2003 c1 64Junipertree
Cool. ^_^ Joren kept his character (in other words he stayed jerk-like) while still somehow being likeable, if that makes sense. I didn't really get the ending, though. Oh, well, prolly just me.