for Close To Home--So Far Away

4/23/2015 c5 6Kolvina12345
I was woundering if i could do a sequel for this story try to get back to me ASAP i love ur story
10/17/2013 c5 29MyOwnPosterity
I love this story so much, it is by far my favorite and best Angel fic out there. The nether, being in both dimensions, I just loved it all, loved how Buffy helped him. And Wesley thinking he's seeing a ghost no one else can see at the end is hilarious, it could make a funny fic. And him overworrying about everything and where he should be waiting for them, this whole story is just perfect, and I'm probably not making much sense, but anyway. Best Doyle fic there is. :)
3/18/2013 c5 Cortney
It's unbelievable that more people haven't found this gem. Absolutely fantastic - characterization, imagery (down to every last bloody detail), the seamless blending of Buffyverse and Angel - it was all wonderful.

I was just looking for a Cordy/Doyle fix, but this is so much more. Thanks for such an engaging and fantastic read.
10/7/2012 c1 226Zaedah
Never to late to join a party this draped in richness, right? This is publishable and I would buy it. Too far and few between are the fics that read as a professional novel. I salute you.
1/30/2009 c5 25Dudly
"Not dead," Cordelia corrected. She leaned forward to address Angel on the other side of Doyle. "We should have talked more about how he died."

Gosh, I loved that. XD Somehow, it resonated with canon-Cordy going "We should talk more about him" and her nagging Angel about it at the end made me feel good.

The plot of this story was amazingly thrilling in every respect. Doyle getting a chance at coming back, and really coming back after lots of obstacles, that's a win from the start. You made the characters so true to themselves, and the way they act would be just so. I've read stories in which hearing about Doyle's death made the Scoobies all weepy and that didn't sit well with me. Your Scoobies were great though. *beams* I enjoyed every word you wrote in that long long fic.

'Specially the part where Willow goes "I saw what it did to Cordelia when you kissed her". At first I misread that. Somehow, my brain thought it read differently, and that what she meant was "I saw what it did to Cordelia when I kissed someone that was hers". Like, rebar after Willow kissed Xander. I don't know what made me think that. Or why I'm telling you. *shrug* Guess it's so I can keep rambling- I do long babbly reviews.

Wesley's scene at the end was darn funny. XD

And Wesley didn't think he'd ever seen her happier.

*happy sigh* I love Cordy-Doyle.

Your story was a great read. I skipped my art class to finish it. :)

dudly xx
11/16/2008 c5 Mountain Dew Girl
An amazing fic that apparently doesn't have enough reviews.
4/11/2008 c1 1497703
Lovely, really. Difficult to read, I say, based mostly on what I'm assuming is stripping by the site (no separators) and all the chapters being in one long file.

However, I really did find it quite fantastic. Your characters are brilliant and you found a great balance between Doyle's pride and helplessness that really felt true. Your plot was well written and quite fitting of the universe it was in. I'm not entirely certain about your Buffy (I never am) but characters like Anya and Willow were quite well done, especially considering how well we knew Anya at the time this was written. Your Cordelia, too, was quite impressive. People tend to forget that she is human, and I think you brought that tot eh character very well.

Generally, you did a very good job and its heft is well inspiring from the point of view of a writer who is currently trying to pound out a huge Angel fic.

Lovely job.
11/4/2007 c1 Llew
This story is awesome. I read it in one sitting. So now I really have to pee. ;) But I just couldn't pull myself away from this gripping piece of fiction.
9/8/2006 c1 Catherine
I just now found your story and I wanted to tell you how great I thought it was. Loved the plot, and you nailed the characters. Awesome job:)
5/11/2006 c1 Aeryn Lavanthia
Why didn't I notice this before? You already know how much of a fan of your work I am, so believe me when I say that this piece is no exception. Doyle is one of my all-time favourite characters and like always, you've got his characterisation, as well as the others, spot on.
4/12/2006 c1 Templa Otmena
Hello :)

I first read and reviewed this glorious piece of work a year or two ago (and had a dip into your LotR collection too!). Just thought that I'd drop a note to see how you're doing and congragulate you once more on this piece.

As I was running out to work this morning with a piece of toast hanging from my mouth and hair everywhere my sister (evil girl that she is) decided to put 'Hero' on for no other reason than to torment me. I heard the heartbreaking gist from upstairs and I immediately thought of this fic and resolved to read it as soon as I got home... hours ago ;)

It is as amazing as I remember and I MUST print it off someday. Thank you so, so very much for bringing Doyle back to us in such a sensitive and poigniant way... no matter how many times I may read it, thanks :)
2/28/2006 c1 723red
i loved this story. excellently done.
12/9/2005 c1 8EvilAngel-Sisah
Really good. I like it!
7/6/2005 c1 23Doyle's Irish Princess
Hey, I've reveiwed this story before as "brachenfangirl", and I've reread and jsut want to tell you again how much I love this fic! Also, I was looking to put it on my favorite stories list, so I'm just gonna review again and say how loverly this story is! Bravo!
4/22/2005 c1 1eris86
wow...I just stumbled across this story and I adore it. just wanted to say how good it is...=)
52 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »