for Albatross

11/19/2013 c1 190sapphireswimming
Brilliantly done. You really captured the mood and thoughts and emotions and struggles between the two of them during that conversation turned argument and then the next morning when they might have had a chance to talk things through had the albatross not gotten in the way. Segues perfectly with everything and explains all of the scenes. LOVELY FIC. Thank you.
6/27/2009 c1 4LadyConfidential
Nice story :) It is well written, and contains depth. Oh, and I agree, there is an shocking lack of M&C fanfic. I'd contribute once I'm sure that my stories are up to standard. I'm just doing the easy stuff for the moment. Keep it up :)
12/20/2005 c1 1ladyaine
Hi, I'm coming into this fan universe kind of late, but now that I've discovered O'Brian, I can't get enough! A very nice piece you've written here. I like the overall feel of it and I like the fact that Jack won't apologize for leaving the Galapagos, but he will apologize for speaking to Stephen rashly. That's very true to character. Also his world crumbling at the end. Yes, that's Jack.
11/22/2005 c1 3Lunasariel
I like the present tense toutch. Just a note: the red-headed Irishman was the ill-fated James Dillon (at least in the books). I forget what color hair Stephen had. O'Brian just described it as "dark."
5/3/2005 c1 sillytigerlily
Nicely done! You have an excellent writing skill. Can't wait to read your other stuff! =)
7/6/2004 c1 funyun
Nice job. Putting it in present tense seems to make it more real. I like.
5/27/2004 c1 39Crazy Cravat
My word, that is a beautifuly written piece! It's going down in my favorites now!

~Thestral~
5/19/2004 c1 cantlivewoutHawkMash
Will there be more? GREAT STORY! glasses askew...that kinda ruins the imagery...i don't think that Stephen was wearing glasses when he was shot in the movie...but whatever...it's your story...Please CONTINUE!
5/12/2004 c1 wildcardgal
This was lovely, I always knew Jack had to regret those words as soon as he spoke them.
4/23/2004 c1 julia
This is a really lovely fic. I like how well it works into what was happening in the movie at the time. The tone and emotion seems perfect as well.
2/25/2004 c1 2Noia
YAY! I mean, it's sad, but YAY!
1/16/2004 c1 Emily
It was great. I love how u made the scene freeze and such. You are very creative. I have no creativity and would never be able to write with that. That is a compliment. Keep writing!
1/13/2004 c1 4MissLijieBlueEyes
This fic is AWESOME! AWESOME! I am a *MASSIVE* 'Master and Commander' fan; of both the books and the movies. Stephen has always been my favourite character, and I might add, he is the fictional-man-of-my-dreams...(Paul Bettany played him beautifully...*sigh*...) Please do write more!
Always,
Lizzie, Lover of Dr. Stephen Maturin
1/13/2004 c1 40Iawen Londea
Wow! Well written! I absolutely loved it! That was a very nice short story about how Jack felt when Stephen got shot, especially since they had not made up since their fight. The thing that grabbed me most about all of this was that Jack had told Stephen that he would purse the Acheron at all costs, but then he turned the ship around and went back to the islands when Stephen's life was in danger. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for writing it!
1/12/2004 c1 Laurel Leonard
I like this a lot. It sounds like Patrick O'Brian. Just thought I'd say that.
44 Page 1 .. Last Next »