FanFiction.Net
for Hero's Burial

10/27/2010 c1 5Rae Montgomery
This was wonderful. You managed to capture exactly what I imagine Hermione would fear the most in such a vivid way, but at the same time you were able to make it beautiful and heartbreaking. The last lines were my favorite part, they really left a lasting impresson on me. This fic was absolutely amazing, and definitely one of my favorites. :)
10/27/2007 c1 29duj
Touching. Of course, in the event, she does everything she can to stop him dying a hero's death and it isn't enough and it wasn't necessary all at once.
4/4/2006 c1 23TheGoldenSeraphim
Wow. I love this. Hermione is beautiful.

Keep up the good work. :)

~*~LIZ
9/4/2005 c1 3HisBloodyRefuge
write more! please, maybe like dumbledore,or ron's POV about harry two, god i loove this story,

And she's damned if she's going to let her best friend die a hero's death

AHH i just loved that, please write me back

Alana
7/25/2005 c1 3mishap
Damn I hate it when stories make cry. Please take it as a compliment it is very difficult to do.
4/4/2005 c1 Fate
wow... very nicely done!
2/23/2005 c1 13opalish
Oh, I absolutely adore friendship fics like this one. Very well done! Love your Hermione - she's so...in character! Very rare to see these days, especially on ff . net.
11/30/2004 c1 121Jelsemium
Excellent story. I apologize for not reviewing this sooner. I know I read it, and I could have sworn that I reviewed it.

You have a great way with descriptions. I could see the scene very clearly in my mind's eye. I particularly liked the description of his robes -"The robes are Gryffindor's, all red lions and cloth-of-gold."

This is a particularly poignant:

"The hands wrapped around wand and sword are too thin, callused and well-worn, as if 'worked to the bone' were not clich├ęd hyperbole, but fact, cruel fact and cruel fate and cruel treatment, with fingers too long and palms too wide and wrists too thin and awkward."

"Nevertheless, Hermione knows that not every hero has to win by losing.

And she's damned if she's going to let her best friend die a hero's death."

Great line! Love the sentiment, too.

Keep up the good work. (And thanks for all the reviews on "A Harry Situation!")
9/20/2004 c1 9Dragongirl16
Oh, this is *good*. Beautiful, perfect Hermione voice. Love it dearly. So sad, and yet fitting, beautiful.
5/21/2004 c1 11Lady Russell Holmes
Wow. And I do mean it. This is very, very well done. I can't write good one shots, but I sure love to read them. Thanks.
(Although, this could be a good prologue to a longer story. *hintraisedeyebrowshint*
2/14/2004 c1 Bleeding Heart
Well... finally found a fic that forces me to bring out my name again...
I can barely see the screen through my tears.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
that last comment was both sarcastic and not.
Holy crap that was a sad fic!
its been a while since i've cried at a fic... i think it was... two or three months ago...
congrads.
i'm going to stop now. 'cause i'm just going to keep on going on and on about how sad it was.
2/12/2004 c1 Me
This is very good. I think you should have a second chapter. Harry does die a hero's death. Then, Hermione gets the assignment of turning that dream into reality. She has to clothe and prepare Harry's lifeless body for his laying in state.
2/10/2004 c1 jaycee
Wow. I never thought of Hermione's or Ron's POV of the whole prophecy thing. Very creative and I think your writing is really good. Keep those fan fics coming for me to read, =)
2/10/2004 c1 81Taintless
Good story. Good writing. Great descriptions. You obviously have talent. This was a very thought provoking piece. Strong and emotional and very well written! Weldone and thansk for sharing this.