for Chrono Trigger: The Sands of Time

8/20/2007 c54 Professional Freeloader
The Nu is my new hero.
8/19/2007 c55 2abandoned-account2234
great chapter a little 'romancing' in ch.54 i likey cant wait to read the update! :]
8/4/2007 c10 65Frog-kun
I'm reviewing here for something I realised in chapter 10. One of the clergy called Frog "Glenn". How could they know? the only characters that would know of Frog's real identity would be himself (obviously!) and possibly Leene.

Otherwise, great stuff.
7/15/2007 c53 19banjkazfan
What language is "Diin sila nagadto", out of curiousity?

Yes, it's a long read, but then, Chrono Trigger was kind of a long game :) And this story's very well written, so it's worth the read!

Just one more question: Do you vary between Frog and Glenn? I just noticed that you use both in this chapter...

I hope to see more of this soon!
7/10/2007 c53 27Pata Hikari
Well isn't this an interesting story.

A more realistic take on the story and world of Chrono Trigger. I like the narrator. It feels like I'm listening to someone else tell the story to me.

The fact that you're not afraid to deviate from the plot, often drasticly, is another plus in my eyes.

Keep it up.
7/6/2007 c32 1Ani Medley
Hi. First time you've met me, so don't wrack your brain trying to think where we've seen each other, because we never did. :)

Anyhoo, I've dropped by to say that for a novelization of such a complex game, you're doing a good job of it. What I like most is your effort to characterize all of the people there, even the less "major" ones (ergo, Johnny), and the way you do it makes it easier to relate to them. That, and managing to incorporate various elements to make it believable while keeping the "spirit" of the game in is no small feat, trust me.

I also see that your chapters have a certain consistency to them, usually fun to read even when it shows signs you're having writer's block. I'm kinda envious about that, no offense, since I've tried writing a few myself, while depthful, they lack the level of colour yours have, and making it consistent as well. Grats.

Some small criticism is that I feel the paragraphs are too long, but since the format is in single point and I'm more normally suited to 1.5, that might just be a personal thing. Also, the way you write the story suggests it to be more like a "play" where you narrate the things (in that you use "we", "you", and "I" in referring to us like an audience), rather than "being" in the story itself (where little, if no references to an "audience" are made). Is this intentional?

Overall, you're doing a commendable job, and I've even favourited it. G'luck, and I look forward to your next chapters.

Cheers,

~Ani-chan
7/5/2007 c53 Professional Freeloader
I don't care what you say, I liked this chapter. And I also liked the twist at the end.
7/5/2007 c53 3Nova Flame
Actually, I've been quite enjoying this story from beginning to end. You add so much storyline that isn't in the game, and it really gives it life. The way you explain the training and describe the feelings actually makes me feel like I'm right there with them; I can visualize it in my head. Anyways, it may be a long read, but it's very well done and worth the time and effort put into it. Despite the long wait times sometimes, I'm still ready to jump back into it when I see an update. Just out of curiosity, though, the elder sounds a lot like Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean 3. Was that intentional? Great job and I look forward to the next chapter!
7/5/2007 c53 Anonymous
i dont remmber u shoing froggy geting magic u migth wanna make thata flashback o r smething
6/30/2007 c52 ten cent friend
Very good, but you forget to mention, although it would be perfectly reasonable for Frog to have his own powers concerning the formation and deformation of water, in the original game he received his magicks through the work of Spekkio the God of War.
6/6/2007 c52 MogGuy
Another great chapter as always.

Quick question though. Did you ever give Frog magic? I don't seem to recall an End of Time scene with him.
6/5/2007 c52 anon
Well done. Your characterization of Magus is perfect! The town before and the actual castle scene are both clever and reasonable additions/alterations that did not detract from the original.
5/30/2007 c52 9Kit Thespian
WOW! I'll say it backwards. WOW! The moment we've all been waiting for has come at last! I can't wait until the next chapter now! Again, I'm so sorry it took me so long to review!

The battle was awesome. Completely awesome. I love how you described Magus fighting "as a dragon." Magus is just so cool. Maybe when he joins the group later on in the story we'll finally get to see him cast Dark Matter in full force, yes? I also liked how Frog was going to "the Dark Side" for a while there, and while he did the Masamune lost its glitter bit by bit.

There are several lines that I liked in this chappie:

"Well, enough with this mushy crap…We need to get going!"

“Ha, I see that thou lackest strength since our last meeting! Hast thou grown fat and weak in thy undeserved station?”

“He has existed since time immortal…no being from this earth has created him and you are fools to think so. I have been using a combination of my power, your pains, and your fears to summon Lavos from the earth. However, you have proved to be more of a nuisance than I thought. I have ceased calling upon him and my strength is whole again…It is unfortunate that I have to wait for another opportunity such as this…but the pleasure of feeling your blood run between my fingers shall tide me over until I find more suitable pawns…” That whole monologue was great.
5/29/2007 c49 Kit Thespian
ARGH! BAD KIT THESPIAN! (hits herself on the head with a stick repeatedly) BAD! BAD! BAD! I'm so sorry I haven't reviewed at all! I haven't abandoned you, I promise! This chappie was awesome. I didn't think you went into too much detail with Glenn's history.

Loved the part with the s'mores. Yuk, yuk.

Best line:

“That’s just gross! I mean, really: burnt marshmallows, melted chocolate, and graham crackers? That’s like eating pickles and ice cream! It’s like eating fish with pudding!”
5/28/2007 c42 2ZeroSabreMaster
Hey, it's me again, just wanting to pop in and ask a question: when is Robo going to use his Shadow magic again? We hear of it in the very beginning, when the party is first granted the power, but he's used nothing of it since...
517 « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »