for Charmer of the Shadows

3/24/2014 c34 Barricade Butterfly
WOW.
That was the best Montparnasse story I have read...I loved the ending. Amazing job
9/29/2013 c28 Montponine
This made me cry almost as much as the brick. You did an awesome job of creating a backstory for Montparnasse, all the while staying true to the book. I love this so much. Thank you!
9/28/2013 c24 asdfjkl
I LOVE!
7/22/2013 c34 Guest
This is the best les Miserables Fanfic I have ever read. I am just utterly stunned at this story . Thank you so much for writting it!
3/17/2013 c32 LadyDeWinter1940
I really like this story! Montparnasse makes for an interesting character when he isn't being used as an abusive plot device. It's a shame that there are no more chapter to look forward too, the ending seemed to just cut it off in an interesting moment. Great job over all though :)
1/21/2013 c34 XBrokenSanityX
I bet you're tired of getting reviews 80 million years later... but I just have to say I love your story :)
12/27/2012 c34 22lyin
Really enjoyed this wonderfully fleshed-out take on Montparnasse's life, lovely descriptions throughout, and you've clearly invested the time and thought in these characters that the story fits nicely with what might have happened in the background/after the actual book. a well-done tragedy while ending with hope thanks for writing & sharing! cheers!
12/11/2012 c1 I 3 Parnasse
Just finished re-reading this.. The first time I read this was like 2-3 months ago and I was crying.. Now I'm in tears again. I suppose you don't care if people still write reviews on this but I just have to post it.. It's been so many years since you wrote this.. You were in high school when you started writing this story, weren't you? A little older than I am now.
I just need to thank you for being an inspiration and for making Parnasse "famous" :)
A few months ago, I thought he was one of the ABC friends (God someone kill me!) because the Greek edition is not very good (sure, it was the book's fault I didn't read carefully). Theoretically, Hugo owns this character, but one could really say that Parnasse will be forever yours :}
And again, thank you very much and please excuse me for my bad English, I'm Greek ;)
11/1/2012 c34 5Little Pine
Absolutely loved this! Thinking Montparnasse might be up there with my favourite characters now.
7/19/2012 c34 2Soprano-in-Exile
Wow. Just finished the story in one day and I'm almost in tears. I probably would be were I not in public. Probably the best Montparnasse story on here!
9/2/2011 c34 5rainbowseagull
I don't know what to say, there are just so many things going through my head now that I've finished. All of the characters were just amazing. Montparnasse, Claquesous, everyone! I felt warm and fuzzy when Montparnasse and Eponine were together, mad at Montparnasse for being such an idiot when he left her, and really, really sad from the part when Eponine died to the end. I cried so much, it was that good. Poor Parnasse. He's just a little awkward when he's trying to express his feelings.

So much love for this story~
6/18/2011 c34 1Flitpix
Azelma! Yay! whoot whoot, *blows blow horn*. I love you so much right now. This is absolutely the BEST fanfiction I have ever read. At first it was good but in the last few vhapters it became amazing. Parts with blood were the best in my twisted opinion. I am literally in rapture. This story left the same affect on me that the end of Notre-Dame did (except, you know, less so because nobody can outdo Hugo)My favourite parts include: When Eponine grabs his knife and slits her arm, when Azelma and Parnass first speak to each other, Juliettes death, Leopoldines death, When Parnass changes the ending of that fateful night in the field of the lark, When Parnass was unable to kill the child, Parnasses dreams, and when he finds Eponine dead and wishes to have matching wounds. All these parts chilled the life out of me. I cannot express how much I love you for providing the world with with this fic.
6/18/2011 c7 Flitpix
I love this chapter. Its so chilling!(I would use apostaphes but Im using a French Canadian keyboard, sorry) All the random parallels to Hugoès life are amazing. Im hoping for a Charles and a François later on. I love Montparnass so much in a very non gay way. Fantine was a nice touch. I await Eponine with anticipaion. Good job!
6/17/2011 c6 Flitpix
Squee! I love you so much right now!Léopoldin, Adèle, Juliette... Augh, you are a utter genious. This story is so depressing but so good. Its 11:40pm right now and I have an exam tomorrow but I donèt think I will be able to stop until I am finnished. Ahem, I love your Parnass.
8/23/2010 c34 5Mjulinir
This is a really incredible piece of work, though I know you wrote it ages ago. I love the way you worked in so many scenes from the book with more or less the original dialogue, it made it so much fun seeing them from a different point of view, and the way you made them fit together with the originals was very, very clever. I actually read this the second time through (I read it the first time a few years ago) with the book in hand and went scene by scene and it was quite entertaining. Your story fits so nicely into the time frame that I could almost suspect that you've been channeling Hugo, but for the fact that your story lacks both riveting 46 page accounts of the Battle of Waterloo and equally fascinating documentaries on Parisian sewers.
270 Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »