FanFiction.Net
for The Cawing of Crows

11/4/2010 c1 5Crissytje
Well maybe there are going to be people who will want to have my head after I say this but it's just how I think

Suicide is cowardly, it's running away, it's giving up, it's a waste. And personally even if ur fic is enthrallingly written :) I think Mione is too much of a griffindor to be a coward , she's too brave to do such a thing, too much of a fighter;)
7/24/2009 c1 1silver screen icon
That was beautiful and well written...

the emotion was so raw, i swear i could feel my heart drop when i knew what the outcome was going to be.. "Thank you.." such simple words that held so much meaning... and then when i got confirmed.. the empty room! has so much symbolic meaning.. brilliantly put..

this was a great story and your right life isnt always sunshine and daisies..

but we hope for the best

thank you for this story, it has really touched me

silver screen icon

xx
4/16/2008 c1 2Hanna28
I'm doing this thing where I read old ass stories. Anyways, I listened to the song while reading it and I like how they're kept in character and I like the tragic ending. I don't like happy endings.
8/7/2007 c1 Emanneppename
Great story.

Unfortuantly, now I'm going to have to *think* when I here the song from now on.
12/19/2006 c1 3mrivera
Absolutely beautiful story Ally. Very disturbing yet beautiful. Marie
11/17/2006 c1 1Snowfalcon
A wonderfully dark fic, it just wouldn't have been been the same if she hadn't jumped. Although it was the most sorrowful, I think it was the more perfect ending. Your stories are interesting in that, like the characters, at the end I don't feel like the sorrow and sadness is oppressing, but calmly accept it as how it has to be. Disturbing in a way, but perfect.

~Akire
9/3/2006 c1 4Landlord's Black-Eyed Daughter
So, you know you're evil, right? I had to go eat one of those insta-Betty-Crocker(or is it Duncan Hienz, too busy stuffing my chops)Micro cakes, the kind with the caramel...

Seriously though, it was beautiful. And more so from Draco's reaction, not just that Hermione jumped. I mean, from the intro we get that Hermione's going to fly. But not Draco. He seems to age about a hundred years in those few moments. And that intimate understanding that he has of death, it's almost like a romance. In those few sentences, we see him meet death, flinch away, then fall in love, and finally settle into that comfort that comes with acceptance, from knowing your partner so well. And Hermione is just the matchmaker. Her motivations are so clear, so obvious, a lot like what I see her character to be. Whereas Draco, he has so many layers and that seems to be a microcosm of the whole romance with death, if that makes any sense. I could be rambling.

But anyway, overall, I found this to be very powerful, inspiring. I love the depth, it's so painful, but it's not ugly and the suffering is purposeful, not just angst for the sake of angst. It has a mature pain about it.

See, I was trying to sum up and here I go on some more. I really enjoyed the imagery. It was uncomplicated in contrast to the themes, but yet so stark and vivid. The last line really did it for me. There is something so haunting about crows gathered, especially their cawing. They're scavengers, feeding off the dead, it offers to mind more imagery that the world is already dead.

I can't seem to express just how much I loved this piece. XOXOX!
8/9/2005 c1 36seghen
that was so sad, but brilliant.
5/24/2005 c1 81Taintless
Wow, that was extremely powerful. Great work!
3/2/2005 c1 5Porcelain Prayer
Can you say.. Katie's new favorite story? I CAN! Job well done! It was so beautiful.. I have tears in my eyes! I even listened to "dare you to move" while i read it. My God.. you have a gift.. it was just so great... words cant describe it...
2/27/2005 c1 2Blandsaft
well if nothing else it made me go listen to Dare You To Move again.. and again.. and again.. yeah, anyway the way hermione was didn't seem to fit with the end..she was totally stalling
2/26/2005 c1 3Autumn Willow
Bravo.

This is one dark fic that ended up being one of my favorites.
1/26/2005 c1 3EgyptsStar
I LOVE THAT SONG! I play it all the time! I never thought of it as a suicidal sort of song.. but more " you cant let yourself be defeated" sort of song. Interesting spin on it though.

This was a very creative and introspective piece of work. It made me think of book 6/7.. what's ahead.. whats at "stake".

Very interesting indeed.

Excellent one-shot.

-NB
1/24/2005 c1 4iluvtheo.c
i absoloutly loved this story. it was really subtly moving and i loved the way you kept them in character too.

well done

love

R x
1/23/2005 c1 1Blood Rust
Dark...dark...more dark. That warning was definitely there for a reason, I see. Seriously though, it was beautiful. I still can't get how you capture your characters so beautifully with a couple simple gestures, lazy words. No time is lost on detailed description; you just throw out a couple lines, sketch the background, and let the reader think up all the rest. I've never seen Hermione quite so human (ironic, isn't it?) as in that chapter. You really allowed her to come into her own, feel emotion, something a lot of Hermiones never get to do in FanFics (your's not included). Now obviously there's no continuing with the story, sad as that is. Death is beautiful to write, but it does leave that nasty problem of a dead end. I mean, I suppose you could do some sort of epic adventure into the land of the dead, or with Hermione acting as suicidal angel, but it would be tricky. Especially since your working so hard on A Reason (hahah...hint hint. Can't go for long without an update). Anywho, beautiful imagery, dialogue, picture of hopelessness, etc. Touched me right at the core.

Loving you, it, whatever,