FanFiction.Net
for Lost in Middle Earth

12/28/2010 c9 19actressen
I love this story! More FanFiction should be like this!
10/2/2010 c39 akan
bonne fic! une suite avec la compagnie de l'anneau dans le monde d'harry?
8/22/2010 c22 bookivore
OK, there's no way the Rohirrim would let Ron & Harry command soldiers - both because they're strangers and they haven't proven themselves as leaders. Fighters, maybe, but the Rohirrim have been fighting a long time and they have leaders. The reason they respect Aragorn is because he's been around for a long time and has actually fought with them in the past.
8/22/2010 c19 bookivore
I like the notion of Harry Potter / LOTR crossovers but very few seem to do a good job. Your characters are nicely in character and though I'll agree that the HP group is mostly acting as audience I have no problem with them learning from the experience and taking it back. I took a break at the last chapter and then came back at the battle with the wargs and Hermione is with Sam & Frodo and then a few paragraphs later she is with Faramir - it makes no sense for her to be with two different groups at the same time (unless I've forgotten something). Also, at this point I don't think Ron would ever believe that Harry had died unless he saw the body - even Neville has survived a fall as a child by bouncing with accidental magic, Harry has survived much worse.
8/14/2010 c1 Vahzred
Question: How would The Lord of the Rings be different if Harry Potter and his friends were dumped into Middle Earth at the beginning of the saga?

Answer: It wouldn't be different at all! Everything is exactly the same, down to the most minor of details! Watch as the amazing all-star cast of Harry Potter totally fails to make a difference!

What was the purpose of this story? Different dialogue? You would think that having 6 additional characters, each capable of magic, would have some effect on the plot, but boy would you be wrong.

This is a flaw that I find all the time in Lord of the Rings crossover fanfiction - the idea that the plot of the books is completely inviolate. Authors add new characters or objects or techniques, but it's meaningless because it changes nothing.
8/14/2010 c13 3SaphireSky93
/"Wouldn't we?" asked George, with an evil smile. "Meeeellllllllllooooooon!" he said, drawing it out slowly and clearly.\\

...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! OMG! thta line just made me cry in laughter, becaus it SO something Gearge would do! hahaahhahah...you're my hero! haha

the story's VERY good, well written, good grammar/spelling. it certainly creates the images of the story in the readers head! i love it! plus it's making me laugh. you write the twins PERFECTLY! as well as the other characters are very much in character! good job!
6/9/2010 c1 1madsloth
a 5th year made a time portal and everyone thought it was a great idea to just run in... ok.

I hope Ron fell in Mt Doom.
5/29/2010 c10 1Alwyn18
I have read this story about three times now and I just can't get enough of it!
4/21/2010 c37 someone.delete.this.accountplz
Hey!

I lOVED your story, its one of the best i've read so far!

i've been looking for this kind of story for a really long time!

Thanx for writing ii!

Zitikka
3/18/2010 c39 11Adrianus Dirk
EPICNESS! SHEER EPICNESS! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT! WAIT! WHY AM I TALKING IN ALL CAPS? MAKE IT STOP!

That's better... Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes, you should write an inbetweenquel for Lost in Middle Earth and You Have My Sword, something that happens in both worlds that both parts of the Fellowship were made to forget. Perhaps a battle of some kind? Or better yet lots of partying with the Fearsome Foursome!

You should write something that takes place between "Lost in Middle Eart" and "You Have my Sword".
3/15/2010 c1 Adrianus Dirk
You do realize that the Room of Requirement is unplottable, right? In other words, Fred and George wouldn't know exactly where Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny were even if they used the map.
12/12/2009 c19 Mike
What's the point of this story? It's an idea that has so much potential but all you've done is tell Tolkien's story(sort of) while adding a few lines here and there from Harry and co. The fact that they are all wizards has been completely useless. Why not show how their magic can be used to help the battles? Instead you've just thrown 15 year old untrained wizards into battles with swords. it's not probable at all, or entertaining. It feels like I'm just reading a dumbed-down version of LOTR with a couple lame characters added.
12/8/2009 c3 3Lielac
why am i reading still...? Oh right, I believe in second and fiftieth chances...

Anyway. Augh movie lines word-for-word! but at least you aren't giving them to Harry or combining Merry and Pippin like so many idiots do.

i am so going to have to write that idea i had about Hermione...
12/8/2009 c2 Lielac
Again, still benefit of the doubt here...

1 2 3 4 5+9 ow 14 oh the PPC would not be amused.

I swear, if this turns into an extra walkers or, worse, replace walkers (touch Boromir or Gimli and you DIE) fic, I'm hitting the back button. HARD.

Please don't do that, I rather like the idea...

Also, Boromir has to die, as does Gandalf, if temporarily. Edge of a knife, remember, edge of a knife.
12/7/2009 c1 Lielac
1. Explain why Harry can understand Gandalf and Frodo. Westron =/= English!

2. Augh movieverse...

3. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on 1. Hell, even Hermione going 'I guess the portal makes us immediately able to understand the language' or SOMETHING... since she's a crazy-keener and would almost DEFINITELY have read LotR (I'd be shocked if she hadn't XD), so she'd notice. Hmm... I might write that...

4. At least be consistent in the use of movieverse? Please? it still takes a while to get places.
612 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »