for Converging Paths

5/17/2015 c10 1Kalen Darkmoon
Great story so far. I've been really enjoying it. It is unfortunate that it has been nearly 4 years since this has been continued. Still in the hope that you will eventually continue I'm adding this to my alerts.
12/9/2014 c10 22edboy4926
Awesome story
Please contine this.
6/29/2011 c10 A Reviewer
As always, I'm thrilled to see more of this. Your comment about 'slow, small changes building the foundation for the big ones' I find to be very true. It's why so very many NGE stories suck so much, and why all of the decent ones pass ten thousand words before the pass three chapters, and why most of the really good ones tend to pass ten thousand words before the first chapter is over. You seem to know this principle extremely well and have shown mastery of the slow buildup. I have yet to have run across a story that that didn't make better no matter the series (at least not that I can think of) but I've also only run across a very few series that it was so essential for besides NGE.

As far as addressing the individual points in this chapter, there's not a lot for me to say. I was kinda surprised Ifurita went for visible terror when Silent Terror had done so well for her so far in this world ...but old habits and all that rot right? And both do certainly work. XD

I really liked the Kazuki/Mitsuki scenes/interaction. AIC has done a lot of really lovable characters, but that duo has always held just a little bit of a special place for me, so I always like to see them interacting. And when they're interacting peaceably/lovingly in a believably and in-character fashion it's even better. Needed just a dash of tsun as if in jest, but still excellent overall. And like I (think) I said in a previous review, just like Dual! (or maybe moreso?) El Hazard is also one of my favorites, and anybody that doesn't root for Makoto and Ifurita after the wait of ten thousand years has a heart made of stone, so the little domestic scenes you've been throwing in for them are always abominably, diabetic shock inducingly sweet. Gah, I'm admitting a love of mush, I /am/ getting older. XD That said, it was all really good, and I hope you can manage to work that kind of thing in when it's appropriate through the rest of the fic.

There was actually a whole lot of character development and growth in this chapter, even when compared to how much you've already worked in, and it was fun to read. I love chapters where things blow up, but I'm also fond of chapters where the characters that are causing the explosions grow into 'real people'. Good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next (including explosions, mecha vs. kaiju combat and soul death and character development) with baited (though moving, I'll refrain from holding my breath for your next update, no offense =p) breath.

Later
6/29/2011 c10 ariel stormcloud
great story
4/19/2011 c9 A Reviewer
Well now, this chapter was throughly epic. I just can't quite get over how hard it is to find a good Dual! story, let alone a crossover that's actually well done. And with it being crossed with El Hazard on top of it... I think that, in principal at least, there's maybe five stories I'd pick before this one. And at least one of them I'd pick first because it's already finished.

It's great to see the scenario getting even more fucked up, both SEELE and NERV's evil plans to 'save' the world leave with the creeping horrors. A fact which cannot be overstated. So it doesn't matter how many times and how many ways I see them getting screwed over, it's /always/ good.

The Zinv action was awesome, as always. "A boy and his giant robot" is always the greatest kind of action story you can read, no matter how under represented it is in entertainment at the time, and you do it much justice. I also like the focus on Kazuki/Mitsuki that this chapter got. I've watched a lot of anime, but that pairing (along with Dual! on a whole) still hold a special place for me, so anytime I get a chance to read about it makes the story that little bit better than before.

As for Asuka first I'll say this: I'm a big fan of hers. There's something about the way she tries so very hard to be a real person despite the fact that she truly wishes, and on some levels feels like she /was/, that doll hanging next to her mom... Sometimes it's the ones most broken that are most interesting. That said I have a hard time believing you dislike her, because while it might not be my favorite path to see her character taken along on, I honestly think that you're doing her very well. Asuka's got just as many, if not more, issues as the rest of the Eva cast, and you've got her in therapy. More power to you. As always, it comes down to the author deciding "How fucked up is she for this story?" and "Do any of my characters have both the desire and the ability to dig her out of that hole?" with a side of "And does any of that matter to the plot?" In my mind, you've dealt with all three questions and are taking steps accordingly.

Nothing else to say at this point, other than I'm always looking forward to the next bit of this.

Later
3/14/2011 c9 ariel stormcloud
great story
3/11/2011 c9 4Isamu
Glad to see a new chapter. Nothing specific for this one, except that it was nice to see the Eva pilots getting a chance to help stop an Angel again. Hope to see more of Ifurita and Makoto in coming chapters.

General Side Note: Considering Makoto's background with Shayla-Shayla and the princess, you'd think Asuka would be par for the course with him. Just an observation. *shrug*
3/8/2011 c9 7Jigoku no Yami
Now, i like this. i can actually see change happen.

And i know all about being broken down and rebuilt. it sucks, but if you survive, you are all the stronger for it.

Cant wait for my Chaos Lord, King of the Wicker People

Yami.
3/8/2011 c9 Sdarian
It's been a while since I've read this, I'll have to go back and reread it sometime, probably next update, to make sure my memory is refreshed. It's too bad that there was such a wait between updates, as this is a rather neat story. I remember liking this one quite a bit when I first found it.

Keep up the good work!
7/8/2010 c8 BatSpyder487
Awesome. Love the Shinji/Msato pairing. Not enough of those.
7/8/2010 c8 3kamikage86
This was a great chapter and I really look forward to more so keep it up.
5/1/2010 c7 1Mizuno Tenshi2
Great chapter, and I really look forward to more of this, and your other stories. Keep up the good work! ^_^
4/13/2010 c7 4Isamu
Comment and Asuka being bored in class, if I had advanced degree's and had to go back to high school, I'd have been bored and insulted as well. But I also hated the entire high school experience with just about every fiber of my being. Every. Last. One. (I'm an Asuka fan, and while the Asuka bashing would have had me just moving along by now, I'm also a huge fan of El-Hazard and a fan of Dual as well.)
4/13/2010 c5 Isamu
On the note of Asuka jumping from boat to boat, it was the quickest way to stop the monster that was sinking the fleet around them as well. Asuka had been trained for years as a mini-soldier. Not only that, but as an elite soldier. Think fighter jock but worse. Add that into the mental instability that NERV/Gendo allowed her to foster, and it might not have clicked that there were people dying as she worked her way to the power supply for Unit 02. See Eureka 7, and the fabulous episode where Renton realizes that all those enemy mechs have people piloting them. It's kids, and they're playing a video game. There are screens, and controls, separating them from the battle field.

Yes, she's a bitch. But, this is because that's the anime archetype she fulfills. Arrogant red head. It's a very common anime trope, that's an extension of the fiery redhead trope.

All the Children are damaged, and badly. Also, some of what she does, is also supposed to be for comedic effect. Look at how much her and Shinji's interactions shift after the battle with the 13th and 14th Angel. All the sudden, that physical comedy of Asuka hitting Shinji at funny moments goes away as the story get's less "high-school hi jinks" and more "dark drama."

What I'm trying to get at, is that I think you're generally giving Asuka a bum rap. Not that she (not to mention Rei and Shinji), couldn't use an insane amount of psychological counseling, boat loads of medication, and to be removed into the custody of people who are also not badly damaged as well. Bad broken is the best description for all the main characters in Eva.

Now, Ifurita. Don't forget that she ought to be picking up some AT Field tricks as soon as she's exposed to one. 'Cause if she has a soul, she has an AT Field. That's what makes her the most feared demon god of all, that fun ability to learn new techniques simply by being exposed to them.
4/12/2010 c7 Sdarian
Good chapter. Keep up the good work!
31 Page 1 .. Last Next »