for Pale Hopes

6/20/2005 c1 Zulu The Preacher
Very well written. You did an amazing work here.

I really think that after episode 26 there was no such thing like fulfilling the promise anymore. Everything was set to just get the two of them out of the world they were placed in by Les Soldats. It seems strange, and completely wrong to even think of that. Mireille told Kirika not to leave her, she begged her not to die. She needed a friend, someone to help her living her life, and this one had to be Kirika. More than once in the series Mireille tried to fulfill her promise, but she could not do it, not even after Chloe told her that Kirika was the one who killed her parents. Standing in the graveyard in a rainy night, holding out her gun to do it, she was unable to. It is love between them, even though the magical words were never said, everyone knew when they left the Manor.

Don't get me wrong - I don't want to push anyone in any direction here. I don't want to hurt the author of this work, who spend a lot of time writing. I just wanted to point out that the idea sounds strange to me.
6/15/2005 c1 38SwordSkill
Wow, nice. Overall tone of urgency was quite tangible. Great work portraying Mireille's rising panic with the parentheses, the pulling in and out between what's she's thinking and the physical reality, and the repetitions. Classic panic. ^^ Favorite line: "because her parents are gone, and Kirika is almost gone, and Mireille thinks that maybe she herself has left too."
5/12/2005 c1 31Breaking-Doll
Excellent one! I can imagine.. exactly that way will it happen if Mireille did shoot Kirika. And I am glad she didn't. Otherwise I have to meet the producers in the court ^_^;

Ah, I wonder if you will write more chapters to this story. It is an interesting point to go forward. Otherwise, even if it is only one chapter, it is noir-ish enough, lol. Keep up the good work!
5/1/2005 c1 15KyaniteD
Wow, uhm, that was... good. I mean, really good. I don't know what else to say... it's round... it's closed, centered, just... I don't know, a perfect circle.
5/1/2005 c1 11Smoky
Oh, this is good writing but it's so depressing! My heart goes out to Mireille - at least it would if she were real (uhm.. probably used that line before..)