for Harry Potter and the Twists of Fate

5/20/2017 c1 7NightScre
nothing changed... this is almost directly following canon
4/19/2017 c46 OhMeSoThorny
So glad Cedric isn't in this. I couldn't stand him dying again.
4/11/2017 c42 Guest
THANK YOU! JUST WHAT I THOUGH!

RT AaronD1 chapter 3 . Feb 3, 2016
Sigh... What's the point of Harry having a sister, or of Harry's parents surviving to raise Harry if it doesn't actually change the story? Chapter 3 and this is just copying the original story-line.

If I was going to write a story like this, I'd start by actually writing out the changes I've made. For example, show what Harry's NEW childhood is like. Write about how it changes Harry and what chose changes mean for him going into his first year. If Harry grew up with parents who had fought Voldemort and knew of the prophecy made about Harry you can bet that they would start teaching him things other kids would not learn. Especially with his dad being the head of the aror department.

I've seen far too many stories that say "Wat if this huge change was made to Harry's childhood" and then they skip forward 10 years! Why? What's the point in making that change if the result isn't shown?!.

You could have shown Harry's childhood through Lily and Jame's POV. You could have shown how being raised in te wizarding world and surrounded by the media affected him. You could have shown him first learning how to fly. You could have shown what it was like for Harry to grow up with loving parents and in the potter manor. Skipping ahead 10 years like every other story tends to do is just missing a whole bunch of opportunities.

These changes made in Harry's childhood are what make the "What If" interesting. And setting aside the time-jump to Harry's first year, why has the first year gone the exact same effing way that it did in the original story?

Sorry for the rant - I usually try to leave constructive feedback and I know that this was anything but.
4/11/2017 c41 Guest
i was starting to like this story until the soul bond storyline -.- i am so tired of reaading about that stupid thing...way to ruin it...
4/11/2017 c36 Guest
what a horrible name Daisy it was better to name her Amelia Potter.
2/5/2017 c1 dragonfox123
Awesome chapter and plot and amazing idea
12/18/2016 c60 1TheWateringWizard
Ahh I'm sad that year 5 won't follow the lines of the book. It's one of my favourite year.
I'm disappointed with the way you analysed the prophecy. "The Green Lord, his equal in power, his general". The "equal in power" bit could've been analysed waaayyy better than just revealing that Neville's magic power "level" is like Harry. It's not that I don't want Neville to be seen as strong as Harry (well ok a little bit) but it could've actually referred to the fact that Neville could've been the Chosen One and he has an "equal power" to Harry because he's also loved by his parents who would've defended him. Would have been a little better in my opinion
12/17/2016 c55 TheWateringWizard
There's been too much happiness recently, I feel it in my bones that things are gonna go wrong very soon. That's a fanfic rule: to every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction.
12/17/2016 c54 TheWateringWizard
There something that has always baffled me with Hermione and S.P.E.W. How can Hermione not understand this simple argument: the Hogwarts' house elves DON'T want to be freed. They actually LIKE what they're doing. This argument alone negates the meaning of S.P.E.W. That doesn't mean that all house-elves like being slaved (there's always exceptions) or that some wizards have the right to treat them like sh..oe polish. She doesn't understand that she's forcing her beliefs on the elves and that it is never a good thing. Of course I'm not taking this whole strictly seriously and was just having fun thinking about it. I know it's just JKR adding more fuel to Ron and Hermione's pre-mating rituals
12/17/2016 c50 TheWateringWizard
Well damn I wasn't expecting Ron to say that now !
12/17/2016 c49 TheWateringWizard
"he felt his blood rush down between his legs" hahaha that was great
12/16/2016 c44 TheWateringWizard
Ah Harry... If only you knew !
12/16/2016 c43 TheWateringWizard
Forgot to mention the fact that, oh surprise !, Rose is a Seer. The Potter family is indeed extraordinary ! And oh ! Rose has a super evident prophecy about her, Harry and their friends exactly when Harry and their parents confront her about being a Seer. You can clearly hear Fate shouting "Well how can I make thing even more convenient ?" You could nearly hear the sarcasm dripping from Dumbledore's voice when he arrived at Potter Manor. But I still enjoy your story don't get me wrong, I'm just always miffed when people suddenly quickly power-up all at the same time. Puts a heavy strain on the suspension of disbelief
12/16/2016 c42 TheWateringWizard
Oh what a coincidence ! They train one day on a boggart, don't fully succeed and the next day boom! Real dementors ! So now we know they can do it ! And no one said anything when Ginny dragged Harry towards the forest in the middle of his birthday party ? Not one of their friend said something ? How convenient. I'm sorry I don't want to sound like an ass, I just can't help grin at Fate's heavy hand recently
12/16/2016 c41 TheWateringWizard
Is this magic level or core, depending on how the author wants to name it, a canon thing ? Because it's not the first time I see it in a story. Even the colours are the same. I can't remember what book could've mentioned it.
831 « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »