for Where Hope is Infinite

7/10/2020 c1 6PhantomFemme du Pantages
Beautiful! But I wish it didn't end there! Those two need and deserve some intense and prolonged Phluff after all that anxt. Still, it's always wonderful to see Christine grow a spine and come back to Erik! And it's especially gratifying to read it done plausibly, so that she comes across as maturing and coming to know her own heart and desires rather than as fickle. Awesomely done as always!
7/8/2020 c1 7Batty Dings
Even in a short story you manage to properly develop all the emotions and motivations for the characters! This could easily become a scene in a film. Everything you write is so perfectly cinematic.
12/8/2019 c1 19Wynni
3/23/2018 c1 27jennyfair
I first read this story ages ago but never reviewed, because I'm awful. I wanted to rectify that!

The tension you establish right from the start of this story is brilliant - using the sights and sounds of the city to echo Christine's whirling thoughts. I love Christine's musings on the moment when her world changed, when she realized that the divine and impossible were mortal and frighteningly possible. The scene with the growing storm reminds me very much of Jane Eyre - I fully expected your Christine to hear Erik cry her name three times! And then that letter! So gut-wrenching, to think that he had finally left just as she was returning - but you are kind to your readers and to your characters! Love this.
10/25/2016 c1 27CharlieBoneFan
Oh my gosh, I started crying tears of sadness but as I kept reading, they turned to tears of joy. Beautiful ending.
6/21/2016 c1 39Riene
This was just beautiful. The ink reference was perfect. Wonderfully descriptive, melancholy without being maudlin, such a perfect ending. Very very well done, bravo.
4/16/2016 c1 JennaJune
Lovely, just lovely!
12/28/2015 c1 LaLadyCavalier
Oh my gosh, I almost stopped reading there at the end! You had me sobbing for, like, a minute straight; I thought this was going to end in and end that would've been the end of me, LOL.
But I read on! I thank you for the not-tragedy, and breathe a big sigh of relief.
12/2/2015 c1 grandma paula
I have read this sstory before and happened on it again and though it was great for a reread. It is a hundred percent believable. now i will go and read your other stuff.
1/13/2015 c1 LaurenvBelladonna
This was really nice. Great job!
12/3/2014 c1 Rupert Bear
Thank you for sharing your story, it's well written and I enjoyed reading it.
11/14/2014 c1 inkheartedg1rl
ohhhhhhhmygod this is so unbelievably excellent and well-written and lovely
10/20/2014 c1 grandma paula
really nice one shot. realistic in that one never know how close one can be to losing or gaining the life we desire. again nice job.
1/18/2014 c1 14Fantasiestucke
I'm gonna cry now. Frickin beautiful writing making me feel things.
4/30/2013 c1 Sarah
Absolutely brilliantly written. In my opinion, it is the closest depiction of what Erik's reaction would have been. Compared to all the other stories here about him being angry and hurting her to "punish" her, it just didn't seem right. I believe he would always have welcomed her back.
29 Page 1 2 Next »