for You Have My Sword

1/6/2013 c26 157Marcus S. Lazarus
The writing style could still do with some improvements regarding how the characters react to certain events- Legolas’s reaction to the house-elves in particular could have received more attention than it did, as an example-, but the central concept remains as fascinating as ever, I assure you.
The opening chapter neatly set the stage for the rest of the story, and subsequent developments as the Fellowship explore the world of their allies is certainly effective, Merry and Pippin being simply enthusiastic while Gimli appreciates the design of Gringotts, and while I have some ambiguities about HOW Galadriel ended up arriving in our world in the past, I certainly can’t fault the idea of her past identity and her role in the wizarding world.
Of course, Gimli certainly gets some of the most interesting moments; not only does he meet with the goblins, but his confrontation with Macnair as they matched axes was particularly effective- albeit somewhat shorter than I might have liked-, and I rather enjoyed his ‘chat’ with Umbridge when she tried to order him about, to say nothing of Snape’s final fate (Quite frankly, even with the later revelations in ‘Deathly Hallows’, I have no problem with your decision regarding Snape’s true allegiance; he might have redeemed himself for most of his past, but his true loyalty can only excuse so much of his treatment of Harry over the years).
A bit uncertain about Fleur and Co.’s attempted spy job and the group’s faith in such an obscure prophecy- even if the Fellowship have more faith in prophecies than the Hogwarts students, you’d think that they’d want more proof of the source’s accuracy before doing something so fundamentally dangerous-, but the results can’t be argued with, and there’s something rather amusing about the idea of the Death Eaters creating a ‘fake’ prediction that turns out to be real (Even if you could have elaborated more on the various allies they recruited in their ‘trip’).
All in all, aside from a lack of exploration of such areas as Saruman’s motivations- he does seem to have ‘downgraded’ his pre-existing ambitions by working with Voldemort, when you get down to it- and the role of their assorted allies in their last stand, you certainly had an interesting bit of work here.
7/1/2012 c26 insanico
Another great story! Thanks for the read! :D
4/17/2012 c26 1Krounas
Awesome stories I wish I could find more like it lol it was great!
11/8/2011 c1 KlausMikelson
?
9/17/2011 c26 delete-account-please 742011
this is thebestestfriendsforever just moved to a different account.

great story really liked it alot.
5/5/2011 c14 Always
The cup is hidden in Bellatrix Lestrange's vault at Gringott's.
5/4/2011 c4 Always
Okay, one thing. Even though Nagini is a snake, Sam would have had to use Godric Gryffindor's sword to kill her. It's impregnated with basilisk venom.
2/25/2011 c26 Heroshand
I was a silent reader, but after reading that last line about it, i decided to leave a post.

I just wanted to say that i absolutely adored both of your wonderful stories, i absolutely loved the pert where Fred and George threatened to sing in Elvish, it was brilliant

Much love

Heroshand
2/20/2011 c26 OphyBoing
I loved this fix, it was amazing. Thank you.
2/20/2011 c15 hola
I think Helga Hufflepuff would have been a better person to place as Galadriel. We learn pretty much nothing about her in the books while we know that Rowena had a daughter and that Rowena died of natural causes. Her daughter was murdered by the bloody barron shortly after stealing her mother's diadem. Helga as I invisioned her was blonde while Rowena had deep, chocolate brown hair. Lady Galadriel just dosn't seem like a good Ravenclaw, though she is very smart.
8/22/2010 c26 bookivore
Well, I have to say that you tied things up better than JKR. The one thing you missed was that Dumbledore's murder was his own plan, which many people guessed, but it was an idiotic plan anyhow. (It seems messing with Draco's head was more important to D. than protecting the students, protecting Snape, protecting Harry, actually getting on with things - oh but this is DUmbledore.)
4/21/2010 c26 someone.delete.this.accountplz
Hey!

thanx for writing the story, it was awesome!

please continue writing good stories!

Zitikka
10/17/2009 c26 1jadedxvalentine
I absolutely have to write a review for this because I never did when I first read it.

Your creativity is absolutely inspiring. I took a trip to Middle Earth and Britain just skimming through my favorite parts tonight of both "Lost" and "Sword". Again I am left with a heavy heart, as I was the first time, as I always am when an amazing thing that I love dearly comes to an end.

I think you have inspired me to start writing again... you've done an amazing job :)

Also... the whole crossover thing with the dead from other worlds completely made my night. "That's strange, doesn't look like a centaur from back home." "Oh, that's because he's a Narnian." BEST. THING. EVER. XD
8/14/2009 c26 thebestestfriendsforever
this was a great story here I really liked.
5/15/2009 c26 1livininadream
wow... I cracked up when you mentioned Jack!
421 « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »