for Between the Eye of the Flames

8/13/2019 c1 67avearia
I went to reread this and realized I never left a review in all the times I've been here. SO! Apologies if this is out of the blue, but I love this fic.

First time I read it I feared that it would end in a broken relationship - that Val wouldn't be able to forgive him for everything Phantom's ever done, that she'd force him out and that would be the last nail in the coffin for turning Danny away from his inevitable future. But I was pleasantly surprised that Val looked past her grievances, for whatever reason, to begrudgingly trust Danny and come to a partnership/truce.

Your prose was wonderful too - the way you describe Danny's grief in particular ("it gave Valerie the chills because it was almost as if he was gone too") and how Valerie is trying to reach for him. She's still the same stubborn Val - she doesn't take pity seconds to Sam and she doesn't turn sunshine and rainbows when she lowers her ectogun - but she's not going to let go of him that easy, either.

Lovely fic, I'm glad I've had so many chances to read it!
2/10/2013 c1 15Midnights-AM-Child
Amazing! I truly enjoyed this oneshot and wished things had been different for them.
12/20/2011 c1 Me-wants-Toast321-DEACTIVATED
MUST HAVE MORE! *o*
6/9/2010 c1 27PeterPandaBear
Great, no seriosly awesome
5/3/2006 c1 134Invader Johnny
Well I'll be honest with ya, this is the first "TUE" fic I read that pretty much involves a Valerie/Danny kinda moment, not a bad one in my opinion.

Invader Johnny Signing Off.
2/17/2006 c1 23Samantha-Girl Scout
oh... oh... this is just so... sweet! lol...
12/31/2005 c1 51Ormspryde
Needs a bit of a beta, but It's still rather good. Most intense.
12/27/2005 c1 80Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet
Nicely done. I could totaly ssee this happening. Good insight. Nice IC. :D *nods in approval*
12/10/2005 c1 6BlackShadow875
Wow. That's all I have to say. It doesn't matter that I found this three months after you typed up and posted this piece of fiction. Pieces of writing like this are pretty rare, and that's in a good way. The drama created in such a short time was well-paced, and kept me hooked until its end. I personally don't have a favorite Danny/(insert name here) pairing, but this was created in a thoughtful manner. Congrats.

P.S. - I'm quite honored you're reading my work.
12/10/2005 c1 30WingsOfMorphius
So sad... T_T I'm adding this to my Valerie-based C2, Hunter Girl. Great story!
11/29/2005 c1 Reggie Tuesday
YEY! there are more Danny/Valerie fans out there! such a sweet story, I LOVE it! really well done and very somth and in character. I salute you! *salute*
11/20/2005 c1 6The PhantomHokage
i love this story is there going to be a squel to it
11/9/2005 c1 Byrdie Fae
*eyes widen and she claps* My god...this fic wins. It totally does.

There were some errors, and one little paragraph that bothered me, but your characterization made me forget about them. It really felt like what they would do if we'd see it on TUE. Danny/Valerie aside [because I really like the two], this was written well. I was touched.
10/23/2005 c1 skyechan
Finally, a Danny x Valerie fic! Absolutely loved this oneshot and it has inspired me to try drawing more fanart. Thank you very much for taking the time to write this. I'll make sure to point other people to this story. :3
9/27/2005 c1 2dannygirl7782
Oh WOW. Paint me BLOWN AWAY. I love it! I'm going down your story list and find this, an American Dragon: Jake Long story...dang, you are going on my author alert list. :) Thanks for reviewing my Avatar poems or I never would have found some good reading :)
22 Page 1 2 Next »