for Betrayal

5/23/2013 c4 12Finwitch1
Lovely! I agree, the Pearl must have something of a life within - how else would she have become cursed along with Barbossa and his crew? Those extremely worn sails though - were they a presentation of the curse or lack of maintenance by Barbossa?
8/19/2011 c4 1BabyBoy
I LOVE that Anamaria is finally understanding that the Pearl is more than a ship, that she truly is Jack's lady and would suffer any indignity to have him back at her helm. Your last lines about Anamaria's thoughts changing from stealing the ship to becoming only a steward until Jack can return says it all. Thanks again, Honorat, for this and all your wonderful stories!
8/17/2011 c4 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
So Anna reunited Jack with his Pearl out of sympathy for the ship? That's certainly a new interpretation, but feasible. There's some things only another female would understand. ;)

This is a fine series, and I won't protest if you decide to extend it a bit further (maybe you could describe the crew's feelings as they approach Port Royal to reclaim Jack.)
8/17/2011 c4 1qwertyuiop678
this is awesome! I can honestly say you're my favorite fanfiction authors EVER! Jennifer Lynn Weston comes a close second, and third on the list is mypiratecat1 (something like that, don't remember..). I LOVE YOUR FICS! *offers cookies*
8/16/2011 c3 1BabyBoy
I had to re-run the POTC plot through my head several times before I remembered that Gibbs and company did indeed sail away twice from the dreaded isle, the second time being w/o Jack, Will, and Elizabeth. I love how fanciful Gibbs gets and how he is not always so off the mark as he is here imagining that Jack is dead. Better he should think that Jack is still alive, for if he took the curse being lifted to its logical conclusion, he might have theorized that the Navy might win the day, and that by abandoning Jack, he might be doing so to the hangman's rope; hence, the BP fighting them although she hasn't the sail to really do so. Poor Gibbs! And that is why he is Jack's second and not his equal. Thanks again, Honorat, for this fine story!
8/15/2011 c3 qwertyuiop678
this is great! i'm really looking forward to any installments in any of your fics! ^.^ I love the Black Pearl, such a majestic beauty. did you notice that in Curse of the Black Pearl, when Pintel and Ragetti take Elizabeth to the ship, that the figurehead of the Pearl had the appearance of crying? I thought that was a really creative touch.
8/15/2011 c3 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
Love the description of the Pearl 'bucking and pitching like an unbroken horse'- it seems Jack's got one friend even more loyal than Gibbs!
8/12/2011 c2 1BabyBoy
Wow, Honorat! I had always wondered at the genesis of J and A's relationship; although, I did know that he had once stolen her boat. And A being all confused that Jack hadn't taken advantage of her body, although he did take advantage of her heart, was wonderful too. (Been there, done that, myself!) It's easy to see that A could have forgiven a violation of her body more so than one of her spirit. Its interesting that she can still regret leaving Jack and taking his ship with her. It's also interesting that, like Mr. Gibbs, they both can accept that the BP is a living thing; however, G is afraid of that while A embraces it. Keep writing these back stories, please, and don't forget to post a new chapter for Crossing the Bar!
8/12/2011 c1 1BabyBoy
Honorat: thanks for giving us Mr. Gibbs as something just beyond a superstitious sailor. He is that but more, he really loves Jack, and that comes through he as he wrestles with his conscience. Yeah!
8/12/2011 c2 1qwertyuiop678
I can just see the Pearl bucking every time Anamaria goes aloft... stupid Anamaria... the Pearl is far superior than that tiny dinghy you call the Jolly Mon... not fair retribution... way too far in her favor... maybe that's why she wasn't in AWE or DMC... Jack probably fired her... good for him, I say!
8/12/2011 c1 50Jennifer Lynn Weston
Most unnatural of all, not a man dared utter a curse. For this was a place where curses grew visible and walked among the living.

Brr!

It will be most interesting if you write the scene where Gibbs discovers Jack did indeed survive his encounter with ' those accursed abominations'... "There'll be no livin' with him after this!"
8/12/2011 c2 Jennifer Lynn Weston
It seemed odd to resent a man for not indulging his lust. But nothing about her feelings for Jack Sparrow made any sense at all.

That rings so true... in fact, the entire fic is as excellent as I'd expect from Honorat.

I really hope you're inclined to write a sequel detailing how Ana and the Pearl managed to reach an accord- from the looks of things it was an uphill battle. :S
11/13/2005 c1 Meggie Dodge
What price the Code, eh? But Gibbs' conviction that Jack had finally pushed Fortune farther than she would yield-well, that's as good a motivation as it takes, for leaving him behind. It does leave a continuity problem: how can Gibbs stomach sailing this incarnate curse, after several days locked in her bowels? I suppose his firsthand knowledge of Norrington, and of the penalty for desertion, smooth that over. Or maybe it's supposed to leave me with the creeps, that he's desperate enough to sail even a nightmare craft? You've definitely succeeded in that purpose.
10/31/2005 c1 36meowbooks
Brilliant. Once again you've proved that you're a great-no-wonderful writer.
10/31/2005 c1 27CaptainTish
Good story! The subject of how they felt about leaving Jack behind is something I've tackled myself, but I did it from Ana's pov, not Gibbs'. You did a great job, I really hear his voice here. And his observations about the ship is interesting. I look forward to seeing where it goes from here. I wonder how much time passes between this and Jack's hanging? Enough time to get new sails! good job, do more!
16 Page 1 2 Next »