for An Unlikely Brotherhood

7/26/2014 c1 TheGlassRoom
Wow
8/10/2010 c9 19Tolkien'sInkwell
Wow. This is REALLY well done. I like the way the magic is combined with history and mythology - it kind of reminds me of Marion Zimmer Bradley's Avalon books (apologies if you don't know them . . . but it is a compliment). I hope you haven't abandoned this fic. I will put in on my Alert anyway ;)
12/4/2009 c9 25safa'at keruth
Wow, this fanfic is one of the best I've ever read! You really captured the old-fashioned way of speaking in it, and I like how all four founders are somehow incorporated. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, please update soon!
5/22/2008 c9 1twinklewind
Once again I find myself ensnarled in a fantastically conceived and written story, with intriguing characters that make me forget the homework and the stress, be it now or later when crappy marks arrive. So thanks. Salazar, very appealing, and Godric, forever changing, seeking. Rowena...quite interesting. Helga...I like how her last name is not Hufflepuff. Where are Salazar's original adversaries now? And his past?

I liked the end of Chapter 7, Salazar's parting words to Godric. “It’s a dangerous thing, Godric, using magic as a weapon. You find yourself on a very slippery slope, as killing and atrocities become easier and easier… Don’t lose yourself, Godric-lad.”

"Godric-lad." Quite fond.

And Rowena still wears Godric's apples. Hoping to hear more!
10/2/2007 c9 hem hem
well well well, interesting story. I like the way everything kind of remains a mystery.
6/5/2007 c9 31Symbolist
Oh, excellent, another chapter! I only wish I had seen it sooner... how very interesting to make Rowena a temptress. This is so beautifully written, I'm anxious for the next chapter!
5/18/2007 c9 Thessaly
Golden apples...that sounds Norse but I can't place it. Either way, Rowena is fabulous. I like the fact that Godric somehow ended up being the only innocent one of the four, which is of course not at all what you would expect. I think everybody else would be tempted to turn Rowena into some silly Mercedes Lackey "girl finds magic!" blather; hearty congratulations for resisting if this was in fact ever a temptation.

Still and always good fun - keep it going!
5/13/2007 c9 22Embellished
This chapter says a lot without saying it directly, which is one of the things I like best about your writing. The problem is that I'm not sure yet exactly what it is saying. I guess I'll just have to wait for more for it to become clearer. I am particularly intrigued by Rowena, who is not at all as I had pictured her originally. It will be interesting to see how she evolves as a character. Thanks for the update!
5/11/2007 c6 1CrimsonReality
amazing
3/18/2007 c8 31Symbolist
I hope you haven't stopped on this... it's brilliant. I love founderfic and this is the best one I've ever found. I know it's been four months since the last update... but please continue, this is really good.
3/10/2007 c1 Le Fay-fay
interesting... x
12/10/2006 c8 15Fizzing-Whizbee-nz
This is a great story I hope there will be more of it soon.
11/28/2006 c8 22Embellished
I'm not sure why I didn't get the notice of this chapter earlier, but better late than never, right?

What I like best about this chapter is that it really illustrates how one can't truly understand the horrors of war except by experiencing it first-hand, and that it is all too easy to have one's humanity sucked away by it. And you did all that in so few words!

Thanks for the update!
11/28/2006 c8 6Ri-nee-chan
So where's Rowena? Great story though.

"Brotherhood" is one of my favourites. I like the style, the original plot and the lack of clichees and overused themes.

You are a very refreshing author. Thanks for writing!

Sincerly,

Rnc
11/27/2006 c8 35Fenikkusuken
This was amazing. I am always in awe of the scenes you create with the bare minimum of words... and your ability to take us inside these character's heads.

Thank you.