for What Used to Be

3/11/2017 c1 maplefeathers403
The amazingest Single- narrative Petuniafic EVER. Love it...
10/5/2016 c1 Guest
I clicked on this fic because I love your other works. I'm not sure how you did it, but you made me like Petunia through this fic. It was heartbreaking. Great job.
7/15/2016 c1 8ireallydonutcare
I love this piece so much because it comes to show exactly why Petunia handled Harry the way she did. In the films, one of my favourite scenes is when Harry bids the Dursleys goodbye and the is this small moment where Petunia asks him for forgiveness just with her eyes. In the end, the relationship between her and her sisters son wasn't what it seemed to be and that is very fascinating and kind of a relief. It was the result of an unfortunate lack of communication and Petunia not being able to deal with the aftermath of it. And even though this series is in an alternate universe, so many aspects of it can be reflected on reality. Thanks for showing us another reason for loving HP!
11/29/2015 c1 8MuggleCreator
Oh, Tuney...

I'm a big sister too.
1/17/2015 c1 Guest
Sad
3/5/2012 c1 1JJayGurl
That was so moving! A brilliant story, well done!
11/24/2011 c1 Sur la Lune
I could never really think of Petunia as Lily's sister, they were presented as such polar opposites. Rowling did such a good job of making me hate Petunia in the first four books that it was really hard to sympathize with her later on. I never *wanted* to get into her head. That being said, I really sympathize with her now... this piece was that good. I really like the part where Petunia compares their 'wands'. (Though in the books, Lily's wand was willow, not cherry.) Wonderfully written.
6/14/2011 c1 1phoenix008
no matter how hard you can try, there's no way to hate a sister. a part of me feels bad for petunia and that's also the part of me that knows that story shows the real petunia, the one hidden from the world.

amazing as always :)
9/10/2010 c1 2To be loved is to be destroyed
OMG that was amazing! I really liked it., it made me cry! You write great stories! Thanks!
8/24/2010 c1 41CyraAideen
That was so sad. It made me cry. And that sounds like what would really be going through her head.
8/3/2010 c1 34Sianatra
So beautiful! This was simply amazing!
7/31/2010 c1 28Aggiebell
I came upon this fic...somehow (don't quite remember how right now). And here's the thing. I'm not a Dursley fan by any stretch of the imagination. I hate the way they treat Harry-it's wrong in so many ways. And I'd always looked at them with some sort of...disbelief, I guess, that someone could ever be like that, you know? But last winter, I participated in a fic exchange on Livejournal and my recipient asked for (among other things) Petunia/Vernon. And the idea would not let me go. So I wrote it, and in the process, I had to try to get into Petunia's head, to make her at least a little sympathetic. And then I was in another fic exchange, and my recipient wanted some Petunia and Lily as sisters (like when Lily got her Hogwarts letter) and *again* I had to try to see Petunia as a somewhat sympathetic character.brbr

It was hard, because I didn't like her. Still don't, actually, although I do sympathize with her a bit. You've done a really good job with that exact thing in this fic. I think you've painted a realistic picture of her thoughts and motivations about Lily and Harry. She's really trying to protect herself, isn't she? Doesn't excuse her behavior towards Harry in any way, but it does help me understand why she's like that.

brbr

Excellent job!
7/17/2010 c1 1NatalieWeasley
Amazing, simply amazing
6/3/2010 c1 forever4
I know it's been ages since this story has been published, but I stumbled upon it haphazardly, and decided that reading something from Petunia's perspective would be interesting... and after I read it, it was too good for me not to review.

You really nailed it! You made her character so complex, so three dimensional. To be honest, I tried imagining things from her POV before, but all I could think of as an explanation for her actions and attitude was jealousy... but in your story, there is so much more. And you made it all believable; her person comes alive off the page with realistic, complicated emotions and contemplations.

This is very well done. Fantastic job!
3/1/2010 c1 70iMissHP
It's a really interesting perspective. I never thought about Petunia having those kind of thoughts. It's a moving fic, great job.
29 Page 1 2 Next »