for An Unexpected Switch

4/27/2020 c18 3Hirude
I don't like crossovers on principle, but this was hilarious. I loved it.
1/23/2016 c18 2Synn Nexus
I'm so confused now
0.o
Although I loved Mugen as Hermione xD
11/4/2008 c18 8LilyGinnyBlack
Oh no! It's the end...T.T I really enjoyed reading that. I still get a kick out of Mugen being in Hermione's body! xD Anyway, I'm really glad with where you took this story and I'm happy with myself for continuing to read it. Anyway, thank YOU for writing this fanfic AND for the acknowledgement at the end. This is definitely one of the better HP crossover fanfics I have read, I think I might even say one of the better crossover fanfics I have read PERIOD.

Great job writing this and take care! (^^)o

~Lily~
6/30/2008 c5 LilyGinnyBlack
Hello! ^^ I'm finding the story to be interesting so far. The reactions are amusing and quite accurate, so you have characterization down quite well. And, others have commented on your grammar and spelling, so I don't need to reiterate anything they've already said. There's just two things I would like to point out.

In a previous chapter you mentioned Mugen "screwing a Geisha", which isn't completely accurate, since Geisha ARE NOT prositutes. Especially during the Edo period, in which high-class courtesans were known as oiran, and though they resembled Geisha in appearance, they wore their obi tied in the front (for easy removal) unlike Geisha who wore their obi tied in the back.

Finally, in this chapter you mentioned that they (Harry, Ron, and Hermione) were "fifty years in the past of Japan", which is inaccurate. The Edo, or Tokugawa, period of Japan was from 1603-1868, and I believe that Samurai Champloo takes place more towards the end of the era, since it is mentioned in the show a few times that the way of the Samurai is dying out. So, rounding just to be on the safe side, it is more like Harry, Ron, and Hermione traveled a 100 or more so years into the past of Japan, rather than simply fifty years. Just thought you might find this information to be useful and interesting.

Please don't take this review in the wrong way. It is not a flame, or at least, that is not my intent. I simply wanted to provide you with some information that you could only benefit from and that can make your story more accurate. Keep up the good work! (^^)b This fic is entertaining me, so I plan on reading the rest of the chapters posted thus far. Take care! ^^

~Lily~
5/19/2008 c1 FlashLight
Interesting idea but in my opinion the story is completly ruined when you write it in present tense. It sounds awkward to me. Here's some constructive critism.

Take this example: "Harry comes to the window and is shock when he sees a magical blast outside of it."

Try this: "Harry went to the window, suddenly becoming shocked from a magical blast that came outside.

Then: "Harry rushed over to the window, curious(or alarmed) as to what caught Ron's attention. He peeked outside as a magical explosion illuminated his face. He turned towards Ron and saw that they both shared mouths agape.

With editing and making the verbs past tense, it could be readable. Notice while not perfect the third example substituted telling for showing. Also specific using action words can further describe the situation. What did Harry feel when he went to the window. Did he stroll, or run over? This implies if he felt afraid or curious, ect.

Last try not to include words that exist in such a obvious way. Take your example "the magical blast came from outside" of course it did, Harry is looking through a window. In my last show and tell edit never did I directly say the magical blast came from outside. It was indirectly said.

I really hope I helped make you a better writter. I would love to read this story if it ever was edited.
8/5/2007 c11 1HugofLegends
Poor Sakura! She seemed like a sweet girl. Great chapter, update soon please.
4/30/2007 c7 2brokenpassions
wow what an intrusting crossover, I would have never though about it, I love the story and I can't find any ooc moments so good job so far!
3/10/2007 c9 TerraBull
An interesting story.

Will they be learning any of the skills native to the bodies they are in?

Will any of them inadvertantly change History?

Could Harry, Ron and Hermoine make a diffrence in the past, maybe found a town or accidently be Cho's ancestor? ;p

What is Voldemort's true plan?

Cont when you can, it is ammusing to read.
12/8/2006 c8 4Gemini-2006
Write more ...go on...you know you want to...say hi to everyone for me K
8/15/2006 c8 1HugofLegends
Yay! u updated *does a happy dance*. This is really good so far and really funny! Though I noticed quite alot of spelling mistakes, and it is Madame Pomfrey not Madame Pompey. And yes, as Geisha and a prostitute are the same thing. As for what the name of Fuu's clothes are I have no idea. This is a great story, keep it up, and I can't wait for more! ^_^
7/1/2006 c1 HugofLegends
I just relized that this is the ONLY SC/HP crossover on here! You MUST keep this story going! It's great, and really, really, really can't wait for you to update! ^_^
6/22/2006 c6 HugofLegends
lol, great story so far. I'm putting this one in my favorites. ^_^ Update soon!
4/11/2006 c1 9stanley T
Everything is funnier when someone you least expect starts swearing their head off. Please continue!
1/21/2006 c2 4Gemini-2006
HAHAHAHAH* does the first Review dance* That was funny keep writeing please...^_^ I want to find out what happenes later on...very good too...funny as hell