FanFiction.Net
for Southern Gentlemen

6/5/2015 c1 134Bagels.fics
Yes you are a poet! Nobody as ever managed to get me to cry in under 100 words (not counting your authors note) great story!
4/3/2014 c1 1IsleofAnarchy
And thank you for 'scrambling to get a pen and paper' when you did because this is lovely.
4/17/2013 c1 3Imagination's Child
I loved that! It was so simple but so beautiful at the same time. I especially loved the ending.
1/26/2012 c1 4kelly the fanfiction addict
That.

Was.

Amazing.

You rock.

But seriously. There aren't words for this poem.
7/8/2011 c1 10JohnnyIsMyGoldSunset
Wow. That was really beautiful. Super deep. Amazing poem.
3/21/2011 c1 43potterlockedintheshire
An excellent tribute to two amazing characters. This was very well written. Great job!
5/27/2009 c1 19starryeyedwr1ter
I really liked this poem. I think S.E Hinton's comparison of southern gentleman and Dallas was one of the greater images in the book. You've captured perfectly what she hinted at but did not say. Well done.
11/16/2007 c1 32Silver-Serval
No offense, but I've read better written. Though, I liked the creativity it posessed. And it -does- describe both boys rather well. Wonderful!

~ Silver-Serval
10/29/2007 c1 15Lutralutra
This is really good. I don't see any reason why you're not a poet, other than the fact that there are probably better-paying jobs out there. I don't really have a favorite line - the beauty of the poem is the way all the lines blend together with so much meaning. I want to say I liked the end, because I do, but I look back and realize that the end is the beginning, and vice versa. Ok, now I don't know what I'm talking about. Well, I feel what I'm talking about, but I don't KNOW. Right...I'll shut up now. Great poem, full of feeling.
7/28/2007 c1 15zevie
Oh man. I just flipped out. That was friggin' fantastic. I love the rhyme...scheme... I dunno, I think you made it up, lol, but who the hell cares, it's POETRY, lol! This is really great. The "scheme" makes it really easy to follow - you don't just lead us into the land of words and cast us off without a trail to follow, lol. But at the same time, the irregularity of it gives you a lot of freedom and this just breathes.

Am I crazy, or does this feel like a song? It doesn't remind me of one that's already made, it just feels like this *should* be a song. I don't know if you respond to these things, lol, but, just for my own mind when reading this, if it were a song to you, what kind of music would it be?
5/30/2007 c1 3Banana-Split-Curtis
there's no wonder you're not a poet?

kid, that was amazing. you seriously have me doubting that you don't write poetry...that was seriously...amazing

okay, so i'm one for redundancy...

what can i say?

I really like the last four lines, very powerful.

Good work!

~Laura
11/26/2006 c1 embellishedink
Impressive. Very thought-provoking, love it.
8/4/2006 c1 4IAmOnlyMe
Aww, I just stumbled upon this today and I must say that I love it. The contrast between Dally and Johnny while still showing the connection is great. Err something. I don't think that made sense, but whatever!

And yes, I know far too well what you mean about having to write while it's in your head. The last time inspiration hit was in the middle of my Algebra II test... not good. Lol.

Can't wait to read more from you!

: )
7/11/2006 c1 65Amanita Jackson
That was...wow.

Freakin awesome. You have got some serious talent there.
6/17/2006 c1 1thegirlwhoplayedwithfire
Oh my god! I am crying right now! Like seriously, crying. That was so good! Definitely one of my favorite fics I have ever read.
26 Page 1 2 Next »