for The Exam!

2/7/2006 c1 CAnn
I just discovered the new chapters, I am reviewing them together for now with hopes of more to come soon. I have enjoyed this story even thou I usually like the early years better. You have a wonderful writing style that is easy to read and follow along. I liked the relationship between all the characters, but I hope Mark doesn't fall for Kiki again. I never really liked her. I do like to think that Mark got back into racing, always had trouble picturing him as a lawyer or judge. I can seeing him growing to respect the law but never really sitting behind a bench or desk. Anyway Great job, you should be very proud.
2/7/2006 c5 22sbishoff
Joni,

I have enjoyed the story very much so far. I have read the chapters together so I'm reviewing 3-5 here together.

I have enjoyed what you have done so far. I'll admit that Kiki isn't one of my favorite people, but the story is still very good. She has her good points and as long as she doesn't act as she did in her younger days, could be okay.

The part with the kids and Mark helping them with their car was very nice.

I can't wait to see what is next.
2/6/2006 c6 221L.M.Lewis
It takes a lot to make me feel sympathetic toward Kiki, but her 'claustrophobia', and McC helping her handle it, understanding that she has issues to deal with, seemed very realistic.
2/6/2006 c3 L.M.Lewis
And McC and the new car reminds me so much of the scene in RT where he encounters the Coyote-love at first sight. Don't drool on the finish, boy! ;-)
2/6/2006 c1 L.M.Lewis
Yup, I agree totally, any exam that seems 'easy' is not to be trusted!
2/6/2006 c5 triple-m1978
Well, so far I like this story. What will happen next? Will "Sammy" be there? Will Mark get hurt? I really can't wait to read more.
2/5/2006 c5 165owlcroft
Sorry not to have kept up with the chapters as they came out - you obviously know your stuff when it comes to racing and your affection for the characters shines through. Thanks for the dedication and effort required!
2/5/2006 c4 3lynw21
hum distractions!

keep it up it's really getting interesting
2/5/2006 c3 lynw21
Mark is like a kid in a candy store.

great story showing that racing is still in his blood
2/5/2006 c2 lynw21
I like that you let Mark cut loose a bit, but dang a whole bottle of tequila, oh boy a major hang over

and he even forgot the race!
2/5/2006 c1 lynw21
Great, you definitely have Mark's nervousness and Hardcastles' too, but of course he won't admit it

keep up the great work
2/4/2006 c1 22sbishoff
Hi Joni,

This stor was good. I liked the the emotional side. he two men worrying over whether Mark failed or not.

I can understand where Mark is coming from. I always feared if I thought a test was easy that I had to have messed it up. But sometimes, the tests really were just that easy.

Mark feeling that not only does he have to pass, but he has to do better than anyone else. That he has to prove to everyone, including himself that he is good enough to make it.

And the judge being proud of him and afraid that he will give up if he failed this time. He knows Mark has what it take, but can't help worrying because he has already walked this walk and knows how much depends on the test results.

It was a very nice story. Please continue to write.

On a side note, I realized something today in your posts at Gulls-Way. You and I have something in common. We both live in the great state of WV. I'm right smack in the middle of snow country in Preston County. I thought it was really neat that someone else from my state was in the great group from Gulls-Way.

I'm going to read the next two chapters this eveining. I'll let you know what I think.
2/3/2006 c1 firefly123
Even though I usually prefer the "early" years, this story was really good. I liked the way Mark remembered how how things were, and how far he has come in his life. You did a really good job with this story.

Thanks, hope you'll write another one soon.

Ann
2/3/2006 c1 165owlcroft
Any lawyer can tell you just how much they dread taking the exam and how they're just completely wiped out afterward. The months of study are over, and the wait has begun. You've given us a picture of one "special" law student and what he went through.

And my favorite line - "Honey! I'm home!" Just perfect!
2/3/2006 c1 26Kariesue
Nice job! I can see Mark worry because it's too easy. And I love the line "It'll be weeks before I know if I was right or THEY were right." They being everyone who doubted him. YOU were right, Mark, we know you were!
30 « Prev Page 1 2