for Story Scrapbook

11/4/2013 c5 Guest
Oh, please write more Jem and Faith.
2/26/2012 c4 OnceUponAWrinkledTime
I have not logged in in literally years but I had to because I love love love this chapter (this story, actually! but this chapter especially).

I love that you wrote Walter, in that he doesn't have an over-the-top unbelievable sentimental martyred air that he tends to get in fandom. I always thought he must have become so damaged in the war but it's something he would never ever put in his letters home. I feel like this was a realistic take on what his personality would be like after going through the war. Realistic even though we're getting a beyond-the-veil point of view! Impressive. :)

I love that "Jem certainly knew that the official cause of death was usually a blatant lie" and just that little bit about Jem. I always wanted to know more about what Jem went through when his brother and best friend died and in that little paragraph you managed to present a really distinct image.

I really adored this fic, I almost wish it was longer but since I think it's pretty perfect as is, I take back that wish. Well done.
2/24/2012 c2 Anon
The first chapter was alright,in fact, it was good , but you misspelled grown.I'm sure I've heard the name Susette King before, but I can't remember where. And you did the Faith and Jem thing well .

I suppose the what if chapter are good, too, though I've never much liked them, except the stuff in which Walter is alive and no one else dies.

In the third chapter, why is Jerry muttering 'sweet nonsense' to Nan? LMM says that their preferred method of courting is arguments.

But the last one is just great. It made me cry, and fanfics don't often do that to me, except The Forgotten One's

Oh, and don't put 'I wrote this when I was really young' for an excuse. It's just lame. It usually means you can't be bothered to edit out the bad parts, which is lazy, and incompetent as well.Of course, you may have edited it, but that bit still makes me feel as if the reader isn't important, that you posted it for your own pleasure. You said you don't like to brush off old stuff, but if you don't there's no need to tell us,it makes it sound like you're trying to excuse bad writing. Not that you're writing's bad. It's pretty good for someone who's first language isn't English,actually.

And I'm sure you could have found more room for Shirley, Persis Di, and even Carl. They're always underrated,undermentioned and slid over, both in fanfiction and LMM.

And why did Una refuse Walter so many times? I thought she was in love with him since, well, since they were kids.

But you write in LMM's style, and I like that. It makes me feel as if I were reading an extension of the book, not fan fiction. I really respect you for writing that way. I tried to, but I failed miserably.

The paragraph length is a little too short.

But overall, I think it's much better than some(maybe most) stories posted on this site.

I'm sorry if I'm being hard, but I just wrote what I feel-I don't believe in being shy about speaking your mind, specially in reviews.
12/29/2011 c1 2Nan of Ingleside
this was simply perfect. I was grinning all the time and I am bound to go around all giddy for the rest of the day.

I can't believed I have been overlooking this story for so long. I will review the other chapters as soon as I have read them.

thank you for sharing this wonderful piece. :)
8/4/2008 c1 SingingBird812
This was a nice little story. I really liked it. :)
3/23/2006 c1 39EstellaB
Oh, love it!

This is such a sweet story! I'm running off to read anything else you've written now!
2/21/2006 c1 18Kallamae
Very nice! I really enjoyed it.
2/20/2006 c1 29ElouiseBates
What an excellent one-shot! Your descriptive phrases and words are wonderful. You know exactly how to create "word pictures" in a person's mind.

I especially like Lou and Lizzie-it's really quite an extraordinary coincidence. My sister's name is Elisabeth (with an "s", like your Lizzie-very unusual), and mine is Louise! How fun is that?

A charming piece, and a nice glimpse into Faith and Jem's post-Rainbow Valley, pre-war relationship.
2/20/2006 c1 3Frangipanigirl
even though i beta'd it, i thought i should review. it has some amazing lines in it. i like how you brought suzette into it, too
2/20/2006 c1 bythetwin
"In the very eyes, with which Gilbert Blythe once enchanted Anne Shirley and which in a few months would make Ken Ford fall in love with Rilla Blythe."

What an awesome line! This was very cute.
2/20/2006 c1 4beatle-chic
Well-written one shot. Nice glimpse into Jem and Faith's time at Redmond.
2/20/2006 c1 5Writing Epistles