FanFiction.Net
for One Too Many Planets

9/3/2010 c8 tongueincheek
Well, this story seems like its all written tongue in cheek as your Carter bears no resemblence at all the the Sam Carter character. But as I'm thinking this is just a parody, joke like story, I skimmed through it. Your Jack O'Neill is an obnoxious pig who thoroughly needs to be thrown in the dungeons, maybe a collesium with several rabid tigers. Missing a limb or two, he might get a sorely needed attitude adjustment. So for this alternative, alternative reality, its a pity Sam couldn't just stay as heir to the Queendom and marry a young dashing lancelot and just forget about the old, gray boar old enough to be her father. ;)
7/1/2008 c11 1JimBeamer5
Another great fic Pam, well done! I was a bit concerned with the agreessive behaviour of Jack in the middle chapters of the piece (between the two "adventures"). I thought his behaviour was well over the top and maybe could have been explained in a touch more detail. I was thinking "has an alien virus infected him?" or something. I also would have liked a bit more detail on why Sam had become Sashai (was the Queen replacing a lost daughter?), and what sort of device transported them to the other planet. I'm only on your third fic so perhaps I'll find the answers in another piece?
6/29/2008 c11 gibblesgal
Wonderful ploys you used to make us think one thing and have something else happen. The ending punishment was quite imaginative, fitting the crime commited. This punishment, as it is, should benefit Jack's future demeanor and General Hammond's blood pressure.

So, it the 'G' word something you use on those in your care when they act out? LOL
6/29/2008 c10 gibblesgal
You sure proved that "Stubborn" is Jack's middle name. His determination to complete Carter's challenge was so him.

What's that old saying, "You can't keep a good man down?" Well apparently, you also can't keep a good looking man, practically on his deathbed, from being propositioned by his female caretakers. That was an interesting visual effect, imagining him trying to dream up an answer that would get him off the hook without causing hurt feelings.

Ordering her not to do something is certainly not going to work at this point. She so told him!
6/29/2008 c9 gibblesgal
Quite a turnaround on Sam's part; her instincts snapping back into place at critical times. Great dialogue between his battery of Florence Nightingales.
6/28/2008 c8 gibblesgal
Round 1 between Sam and Jack at it's finest. Love the descriptions of their movements. They sound plausible.

Jack is dealing with so much more than just bringing Carter home. He is fighting the weather as well as potential enemies and of course, a person named Carter that doesn't know who she is and is making his life miserable as he tries to save her. This whole picture you have painted is a romp of fun to read.
6/28/2008 c7 gibblesgal
Apparently, emotions run deeply in this story. The more Jack tries not to show them the more disgruntled he gets with himself. Nice descriptions of just how determined he is to get healed and pursue the whereabouts of Carter.
6/25/2008 c6 gibblesgal
Janet's going to have her hands full trying to keep Jack in check once he wakes up. It's really too bad that the three had to get injured to kick-start their senses.
6/25/2008 c5 gibblesgal
Those so called 'healing waters' are going to cause the end of Sam's dignity, quite possibly her career. She really needs someone to step in right about now and prevent anything more between the two of them. She has stepped in it big time.
6/23/2008 c4 gibblesgal
The devil made me do it! Wait, I meant the water. Ah shucks, it's been in the back of my mind ever since we met.

Interesting ways that you have conceived to get them together. Pain, agony and addiction all combined to make a vunerable Jack. How will they go back to being Colonel and Captain after all of this?
6/23/2008 c3 gibblesgal
Interesting twists involving the sisters and now Jack's other needs. Janet would be overjoyed to know how to do the kind of healing that Jack just experienced. I've got the feeling that more cutting and bitter words will be forthcoming from Jack's mouth before he is totally healed.
6/23/2008 c2 gibblesgal
Ragnar is such an interesting character. You have given her the patience of a mother that has been through it all. She puts up with none of Jack's nonsense. She treats Sam as a capable assistant, but doesn't understand Sam's reluctance to take charge. She obviously hates the Goa'uld, but why is she putting herself at such risk for these strangers? Could there be an underlying reason?
6/23/2008 c1 gibblesgal
Leave it to Jack to be abrupt, with no heed to the efforts of the person trying to save him. Granted, he did do his part in helping her not drown. He does do grating on a person's mind very well. How Sam could like and respect someone like him when all he did was get on her case for trying to do the right thing is to her credit. His attitude is not condusive to encourage others to help him. Ragnar is out to set him straight from the start. Maybe he will appreciate Sam just a might more.

Nice attention to detail throughout the chapter.
3/2/2008 c11 8hedwiggins
So if I understand this story, Sam gets literally abused by Jack for 98% of this story, and Jack gets a mere slap on the hand for his rotten behavior toward her and insubordination (whether anyone agrees or not), and Jack wants to know from Sam if they are "ok". I think not. And just because he's upset about her being missing does not justify his miserable behavior towards her. And now everything goes back to being "normal" and he still gets to be abusive toward her. I don't think that much will change from him toward her because of what happened to her.
3/2/2008 c6 hedwiggins
Talk about acting like a 3 year old. Jack is so out of line and over the top, I can't believe his behavior. And I don't even like Janet in this chapter; what with her all but forcing Sam to go with Jack. They all seem to find Sam's humiliation laughable and even enjoyable - all except Teal'c, that is. It seems as though Sam is the only one not allowed to express her true feelings without fear of being charged with insubordination. Yet everyone else gets to say what they think and feel and stomp all over Sam in the process. The few moments of kindness and concern she gets from Jack are not worth the abuse she has to put up with. Those are not friends, and she needs to find other "friends" who really care about her emotional needs, and these people don't. I honestly don't see the television characters behaving this way.
59 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »