for Le Garoul

6/16/2019 c1 1Lilac and roses
I hope one day you will continue this wonderful story! Even if it takes thirty years.
6/19/2010 c3 9PlusSizeAngel
Werewolves in 19th century France + Phantom of the opera + Beast of Gevaudan! Interesting!
12/15/2006 c3 2Sunde
Hope you continue this past the prologue, it looks like it has a lot of promise.
8/2/2006 c3 1Helden
This is wonderful! I do hope that you update soon.
5/23/2006 c3 MadLizzy
Again, you use foreshadowing in such a way that it's like a knife twisting in the gut. Very, very good job! ~ML
5/23/2006 c2 MadLizzy
Your use of foreshadowing is effective. You've established a horrific image of a young boy who has been mauled, and whose might well have been "better off dead," as the priest said. I think you've done a fine job. Have you been reading The Gypsy Heart of Darkness (H.D. Kingsbury, here on fanficdotnet) by any chance? ~ML
5/23/2006 c1 MadLizzy
Fantastic beginning! You've got a wonderful story and a great command of language. I love the way you're telling this. ~ML
4/14/2006 c3 45stefanie bean
This is really unusual and different. The sisters' and priest's dialogue is really natural-sounding. Erik himself sounds old for his years - remarkably detached considering the horrible things that have happened to him.

This is a really unusual treatment and I'm looking forward to see how it plays out.
4/13/2006 c3 6TheThingsIRegret
Erik's character is absolutely fascinating... he's a loaded gun, and I can definietly see him being dangerous. I find it both frustrating and effective that we don't really get to see what is going on inside his head... and I'm not sure if I'm hoping for more, or hoping for him to remain a mystery. The religous connections are intrigueing, though I probably should have mentioned that before. The shrine... not very Christian, though it certainly was a Catohlic monument... the idea of the shrine in the woods has a kind of pagan wildness to it that works well with the werewolf myth, and "God loves all of his creatures"... that line was haunting. As Christine is, in Leroux at least, Catholic, I wonder what kind of effect the mized pagan and christian symbols will have on this story... its absolute haunting and beautiful. (and thank you very much for the lack of disturbing eye injury in this one)
4/13/2006 c2 TheThingsIRegret
Ah... I'd been wondering if Erik was going to be disfigured somehow, or if the full moon was to be his only unmasking... well done. Gruesome, but well done. I will probably have nightmares as I don't deal with eye injuries very well... but I suppose in a sense that is a good thing, for you at least... your description is certainly vivid, and I'm assuming that you intended this scene to be every bit as disturbing as it was.
4/13/2006 c1 TheThingsIRegret
I know, I know, I said I wasn't going to review... but I feel obligated to say two things...

First, you have no reason to be jealous of my writing style, yours is lovely and if anything, I'm jealous!

Second, you write a marvelous omniscient point of view. For me at least, that is one of the most difficult things to do in a story, and yet you manage to inclue Erik, the sisters, and Georges without missing a beat. Continuing to read...
4/12/2006 c3 sporkish fiend
Wonderful chapter, Ghostie! I saw that you'd updated and now I've stayed up way too late (again) reading this after I'd finished another fic. It's all good, though, it was worth it.

I am terribly excitied about where this is going to go. If the prologue is this beautiful, what about the story itself? Original, wonderfully written... keep it up! :D

Te amo,

Sporky
4/3/2006 c2 16the daroga
Ghostie, this is great so far! Lovely set up and atmosphere, I can't wait to see where it goes. I was going to protest the non-natal nature of Erik's deformity, but in this instance all is well. Keep up the good work.
3/31/2006 c2 1lovleigh
Luff Ghostie! This is so awesome. Keep writing!
3/4/2006 c2 3Kaze no Kitsune
Wow! I love this story! Please update soon!

P.S: I writing a werewolf story too. It's entitled "Wolfen."
22 Page 1 2 Next »