for A Born Knight

9/18/2019 c1 Hathor
Wow! This really is amazing! Caspian's regality, the boy's instant devotion...you've portrayed it vividly and wonderfully. A truly admirable piece.
8/24/2012 c1 4rosebudmelissa
I really love this story. A whole lifetime is summarized by two encounters and less than a thousand words. I felt that I had come to know and love this knight by the end of the story. Very well done.
5/10/2012 c1 2MCH
Not sure if you are here anymore but a lovely story.
4/23/2010 c1 2hotgirlwizard
Simply perfect.
10/26/2009 c1 BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope
A great story. Very good.
6/2/2008 c1 V E R A - c r y s t a l
Ur story is great! Great! Love it!
11/4/2007 c1 5Kelev
Aww, how sweet! I really like this for all it's simplicity!
8/12/2007 c1 21Andi Horton
This is fascinating; I only can't believe I didn't find it sooner. I love and can completely believe the idea that Caspian would be such a hero to a boy who saw him in passing like that. The fanfare of the procession would naturally be very exciting and glamourous, but the fact that the boy focused most on Caspian himself -that it was Caspian he tried so hard to emulate- speaks volumes to the characters of both.

I love your description as well; it's riotous and colourful, and the whole story seems to sort of rise up around me. A lovely, deeply enjoyable piece :)
3/29/2006 c1 InactiveNotUsed
And we like very much indeed! Boo-yah and yay!

This piece is very well-written indeed, and the opening section neatly expands on the arrival of Caspian and his men we are told of in "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" in a very pleasing way.

I particularly like the way the focus shifts from the Knights to the boy and back again, and how we see not only his reaction to the Knights, but also his reaction to other's reactions.

The nod of the head to the elements of modernity so despised by Lewis and explored in "Prince Caspian" (the uncomfortable school uniform) is a lovely touch also.

I think this is an excellent piece, and would function very well as an opener or prelude or "origin story" for an OC Knight going on "adventures" during Caspian's reign.

One VERY minor issue (and I only know this because I happen to have read the timeline); in the timeline supplied by Lewis (and this is not supplied in the CoN themselves, and so can be considered "unofficial", I think) Rilian is not born until 2325, while the voyage of Dawn Treader is 2306-7. Hence, your date of 10 years marked by Caspian playing with his son could be considered inaccurate.

Then again, I find it highly unlikely that a King and Queen would not produce an heir for the first 15 years of their marriage! Frankly, Lewis' timeline (as supplied by him) is very inaccurate when compared to the CoN themselves . . .
3/27/2006 c1 35Terreis
Wow. That was just exquisite. You painted such a vivid picture that I couldn't help but see it in my own mind. In my humble opinion, always the sign of a truly gifted writer.

I was guided to your profile by a friend of mine and this was the only bit I had time to read at the moment. But believe me when I say I'll be back for more. Your Peter/OC story definitely intrigues me.

Thank you for posting this lovely story on here! It's very refreshing.

(And I think Gilmore Girls is a work of genius, too)
3/20/2006 c1 asdhfaeglruh
*Jaw drops open in awe*

*Squeals* Ah! I'm so so so so so eternally grateful for this magnificent piece of literature! Gah, this was so beautiful in its brevity...you got so much across, you know? The little boy was a fantastic character-you should do a spinoff, or something. I swear, I was grinnig and inwardly "a-w-w-w"-ing and it was just so realistic! The little details-his uniform, the coy ladies, Caspian's eyes-were perfect, and added so much to the story. Caspian was perfect, let me tell you. So very Caspianlike...I fell in love all over again. This piece definitely had something more than just the magic of Narnia.

And I'm honored that you've dedicated this to me-the second I checked my e-mail (for the first time in a few days, I must admit) I dashed over here and looked for this fic. Gah, Katy, I'm honored! Just honored!
3/19/2006 c1 32viennacantabile
aww. touchingly beautiful and very believable. the ending is so sweet. :D
3/17/2006 c1 49Lady Eivel
Aww sweet. I caught my mum reading this on my PC while I had gone off to do my hair. Nicely written- well done.
3/11/2006 c1 23Francienyc
First of all, why did I not get an alert that this story was up? Silly Good thing I found it!

I really liked this story. The image of a boy admiring the Narnian procession reminds me of The Horse and His Boy when Shasta sees the Narnians in Tashbaan, and yet Caspian was still so very...Caspian. Also the little details-the clothes the boy was wearing versus those Caspian and Drinian were wearing and the ladies all staring and smiling. You do a great job of expanding the two sentences Lewis gives us in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader into a whole scene. I wish that you would expand the story a little so we could know about the boy who becomes a knight because I like him so much already.

And let me tell you how honored I am to get a fic dedicated to me! I'm touched.
3/10/2006 c1 14Starbrow
I don't know why, but this fic makes me want to go "squee!" with lots of repeating letters that won't let me type. This was such a beautiful story, and your touch for storytelling was just right. I was able to really feel the love and admiration this boy had for Caspian, and it's nice to see this kind of fic truly succeed without having to make it slash. Great going! I'd love to read more Narnia stories by you.
16 Page 1 2 Next »