for Punxsutawney Sucks

5/10/2018 c7 ngregory763
You have the magic recipe for the perfect story right here! 1 large scary monster, a handful of testosterone filled thugs, 1 strong helpful social outcast, a liberal sprinkling of freaky ass weather and 2 kick ass Winchesters. Thank you for stirring this all together and bringing this hunt to life for us! It was so fun to read and I seriously loved it.
4/13/2018 c7 Kathy
great story, imaginative, descriptive, angst, mystery, owies, good stuff, thanks
8/10/2015 c7 5klu
This was a great story; I really love the humor mixed with a neat Hunt revolving around a 'holiday' and a place/tradition that practically everyone in America knows.
In general, I am not opposed to dead groundhogs, as the are quite a pest where I live... However, it seemed the 'Phil' of your story was a courageous little guy; I feel he was a noble creature and I understand why Dean was upset at his loss.

Thanks for writing.
8/10/2015 c2 klu
The high school girl looking to corrupt Sam was VERY funny.
8/10/2015 c1 klu
Amazing opening chapter. I laughed like a loon at the visual of Sam running into a grocery store and face-planting into a bin of broccoli.
4/22/2013 c7 Bartlebead
Love this again.
11/19/2011 c7 35borgmama1of5
Very enjoyable casefic! Liked the twist that Phil saved Sam, not Dean...like the underlying brother connection, you wrote it nicely for being in season one.
5/6/2008 c7 3Cathy1967
Absolutely loved this story. Poor Phil, though. Sammy got rescued by a groundhog. Now I've seen it all. :D Great story. Loved, loved, loved it. They boys were so in character and I loved Kris.

Excellent! :)
2/29/2008 c7 18Lisa Paris
Terri - fic!

Funny, scary, and poignant. Loved it!
1/22/2008 c6 J.B. Burge
I'm a sucker for Hurt!Dean...so obviously I love this story! And I have to say I "aw"-ed out loud when Phil rested his head on Dean while Dean was driving. Actually, Phil made me "aw" a lot this chapter. Poor thing.

Loved it! Can't wait to read more of your work!
12/30/2007 c7 JazzyIrish
Another fabulous story. Who could guess that poor ol' Punxsutawney Phil could turn out to be a creature connected to evil? Glad you turned Phil into the hero, the one who could break the curse, and did so willingly.

You have woven an interesting tale here. Loved the history behind the original settlers and the beginning of the curse. You are quite the masterful storyteller. I really liked Kris - she was a strong, intelligent girl - and yes, reminded me a bit of Dean, with her curt "take no prisoners" style. Speaking of whom, hard to believe that what hurt Dean in this story was not some evil creature, but a group of angry football players. And then Dean hitting his "baby" with the truck - priceless. He must be losing his touch ;). Seriously, my heart went out to him trying so hard to help his brother, but his injuries prevented him from doing that. And now apparently, he has an affection for rodents as well as for kids :).

I love how you write the boys' easy banter - great one shots back and forth. But you don't forget the angst - you know we couldn't live without that! But I like your style of angst - it's not overdone or too dramatic. Lots of that out there.

Thank you for sharing this gem with us. I'm off to read more of your work. Have a Happy New Year filled with happiness and even more creative ideas ;). Until next time...
10/9/2007 c7 82Tari Roo
Gratuitous Dean Bashing? Check

Winchester Banter? Check

Off-beat unpronouncable and unspelled small town? Ya huh!

Amusement? Most definitely.

Delight? Oh yeah, baby.

Total = very cool story, with a weird-ass rodent. ^_^
4/28/2007 c7 HAP
Ok so the rest - not quite so funny, but still great. I loved the interaction between poor lil'Dean and Phil in the ride out in the snow. You really know how to write Dean angst - I love it!
4/28/2007 c2 HAP
Man, why haven't I read this one before! Dean kills me in this - hilarious. And irritating. But mostly hilarious.

The next year, at a different school in a different state – Texas, of course – it was obvious that Dean just wasn’t big enough for the first string, and if it wasn’t first string for Dean, it was nothing. The baseball mitt had come out again.

-I loved that line - I can just imagine that Dean wouldn't do anything other than first string...

*Off to read more chapters*
3/15/2007 c7 15Winter1066
How did I miss this one! Those neanderthals hurt Dean! gotta love 'em ;-)

THis was an interesting read. Always wondered why they kept that groundhog
79 Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »