for If Ships Could Speak

11/7/2018 c4 Guest
Absolutely beautiful!
5/23/2013 c4 12Finwitch1
So beautiful. I wonder what the ships thought when Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman joined in a fight?
1/28/2013 c4 Me
I look at the pairing and I think... Huh, now I actually ship the pairing. (pardon the pun) How did you ever make it work?
2/28/2012 c2 KrnYong
How did you manage to make me feel so bad for a ship? The Interceptor is (usually) an inanimate ship, and yet I almost felt like crying! When she was trying to be brave, I was like "Aawww shit, I'm not gonna cry..." T_T

Poor girl (?)
8/18/2011 c3 1qwertyuiop678
i love this fic! my favorite of the four so far! Fly free and sail the seas forever, Black Pearl! *takes a deep breath*EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
8/18/2011 c4 qwertyuiop678
i heart the Black Pearl! ^.^ cookie?
6/1/2011 c2 Hijokugei
That was the SADDEST thing I've read in a LONG time. My God.
2/19/2009 c2 17damsel-in-stress
OMG. Ship angst. I am still coming to terms with the fact that you upset me more writing that than some people do writing angst about characters I already love..

Kudos to you, that was a very clever idea and thoroughly upsetting. I can't believe you broke my heart with the death of a ship.

"She might have been conquered, but she had not struck her colours. She would meet her end like a Royal Navy ship." - Made me think of something James Norrington would say.

Heartbreaking.

~Damsel
2/19/2009 c1 damsel-in-stress
You must have such an imagination. That was amazing. Talking ships? The idea seemed strange to me at first but you wrote that perfectly. I cringe saying this but - they were SO in character..

~Damsel
5/28/2008 c4 Meggie Dodge
You got it, all right. That's just how it is, to be balked of love and purpose, with that merest tether of hope that love will return and bring redemption. That merest tether, that cruellest impossibility of sinking below and settling into insensibility. That's the worst of an imposed curse.
5/28/2008 c3 Meggie Dodge
Ah, now the triangle is complete. And drawn with such lines of grief, duty, kindness. I'd call it too poignant for mere wooden vessels, if I didn't know you do as much for flesh and blood.
3/16/2008 c4 36meowbooks
"her Captain still searches for her with freedom in his hands."

Very poetic. I like this portrait of the Pearl.The gravity and hurt is there, but hope is there as well.
3/9/2008 c4 1BabyBoy
A lesson in faith! Only when Jack is once again at her helm will the Black Pearl be able to forgive herself for her crimes.
3/9/2008 c3 1BabyBoy
Oh the love of women for one man! How skillfully you draw each breath that both the Black Pearl and the Dauntless each take! I marvel at how you describe each shudder through the Pearl as, for Jack, the drum beats, the noose is laid, the trap sprung, the fight perilous and the escape narrow indeed. Brava! I like too how the Dauntless never breaks faith with her own lover, the Commodore. Does he cherish her as much, I wonder? After all, he was all too willing to send the Interceptor to "the bottom of the ocean rather than see her under the command of a pirate." Ironic how she did indeed fall to the ocean's floor at the last, captainless and alone.
3/9/2008 c2 1BabyBoy
What a powerful and provocative look at unselfish love. Again, now wonder ships are referred to as "she."
53 Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »