FanFiction.Net
for Pancakes and Prayers: A Hellboy Tale of Easter

4/24/2019 c1 F.maiden
This was lovely! Especially to have found it not long after easter this year!
9/2/2009 c1 94DragonDancer5150
/Very/ sweet! Thanks for sharing. XD

~Dragon
5/25/2009 c1 8JaneLovesDrama
Hellboy's pancakes are 'paMcakes'.

Theres a story behind the pamcakes, too. Check it out, in the first movie Guillermo decided that Ron should say 'pamcakes' because of the comics.

But it's a great story.
4/12/2009 c1 7jelibeanne
As always... wonderful! I love the slice-of-life vignettes involving Hellboy and his father that you excel at no other. This one is especially poignant for me because I lost my own father 5 years ago yesterday, early Easter morning. And I must say that not only was this a fabulous comfort to me this weekend, but I think that this work is superb.

All of our futures are built upon not only our own past, but the past of our families. I love this homage to family traditions. The minute details in this not only tell a great little story, but educate the reader without preaching. I grew up hearing about Shrove Tuesday, but was never a practitioner. Doesn't sound like too bad a tradition to start!

I am in awe of your skill. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope your holiday was wonderful.
7/21/2006 c1 11Kishite no Mirror
BH: Kawaii! So cute, and so true.

Gadget:-_-;; BH, go to bed... please... It's 2am and you've gotta work tomorrow...

BH:*grumbles* Fine, but you're making me pancakes for breakfast tomorrow...
6/9/2006 c1 4Nekotsume
Aw...that's so cute! ^_^ This is great...I feel it really adds to the universe of Hellboy, and I even learned something new! Thanks a lot. ^_^ (I'll need to go find the rest of your holiday fics!)
4/24/2006 c1 icecoldheart
It's incredible how something as simple as making pancakes can be the foundation for the most beautiful stories. Thankyou, that was just wonderful.

You don't get to see much interaction between Hellboy and Broom in the movie (and I haven't read the comics) so you really fill in that blank space.
4/18/2006 c1 apenamee
Really nice Beth! I appreciate the theme.
4/17/2006 c1 LM
Not good to read this when you're hungry.

Does that boy EVER stop eating? I guess he's got a lot of growing to do.

Thanks for the culture lesson; it went done nicely with the strawberry jam.
4/13/2006 c1 28TheShadowCat
I had never heard of Shrove Tuesday. This is a really sweet story, thanks for sharing.
4/13/2006 c1 cornfields1
Very cute. I love the interaction between HB and Broom. I just ate pancakes and watched HB, and then I came online and found this. Very wierd. Thankyou Beth!

Amie