for Shards

11/28/2015 c12 5OminousKitten
Beautiful story. So creative and insightful. I love the voice your fic possesses, that very matter-of-fact style.
11/9/2014 c1 foolondahill17
I wanted to let you know that I added this story to my recently made community “Swamped: the best in MASH fan fiction”. If you have any concerns, please PM me.
8/18/2014 c12 56foolondahill17
I really enjoyed this chapter - and the story in general (I wish it had been continued, but what you gave us here is too lovely to complain too much). But this chapter, especially, was very sweet. I love the glimpses of home you gave us, as well as Dan Pierce dancing with Molly Gillis at the end.
8/18/2014 c3 foolondahill17
I love all this history; you've given such plausible explanations for everything. I really adore the touch you added about Hawkeye living in a "falling-down shack that his classmates christen "the Swamp".
Really terrific writing here.
8/18/2014 c2 foolondahill17
On such things, indeed, lasting friendships are forged.

Charming story so far. I've always been a firm believer that Hawkeye and Trapper knew each other before Korea; I'm intrigued to see where you take that same idea.
8/16/2014 c1 moonlightsuneyes
Hawkeye was ten when his mother died.
11/30/2008 c12 beahawk
This is an amazing story. I have just read the rest of the eleven chapters. You have captured the mood so well and I loved the way you didn't forget to include the thoughts and feelings of some of those left behind. Did you think about including Lorraine Blake? I was ROFL at some of Hawk and Trap's college antics and also their arrival at the 4077. It kind of reminds me of a cross between the series and the movie. By the way, you forgot to mention the beautiful Nurse Dish :-D Remember how Hawkeye was always trying to get her in to his cot? Also Ugly John was Australian not American.

Hope you are going to continue with this.
11/30/2008 c1 beahawk
I have just found this story - and you :)

What a great first chapter - I think I am already hooked. I like the way you had Trapper John have a sister called Kathy because I guess that is why he named one of his own daughters Kathy :)

I think Hawkeye was round nine or ten with his Mother died, not six though.
11/26/2008 c12 34Mistress Twist
I really like this story! The first and second chapters are excellent. The flashbacks are excellent too, and I love that. :D

You did a faboulus job on it so far. I hope to see this story again soon. :D
5/29/2008 c11 26daflippnay
This story is wonderful.
4/16/2008 c11 65DXRULES103
I'm still reading! I really enjoyed this. Um, Thanksgiving before Christmas.
4/14/2008 c11 AttheSwamp
Hey!

Long time no hear! Where have you been hiding?

Wonderful chapter, especially the ending with Daniel Pierce and Molly Gillis knowing that they can't do anything but just keep on dancing and hope.
4/14/2008 c11 3Meatball Surgeons
Hey, I have been foloowing this story since the beginning, and this is my favorite chapter! I love how you flashed back and forth among Trapper, the McIntyres, Hawkeye, and Hawk's nearest and dearest in Crabapple Cove.

You asked if Thanksgiving came before Christmas in AMerica? It does, as it's the fourth Thursday in November.

I know season 1 had loads of Dear Dad eps, but I wonder ... did the Christmas one come before or after Tommy Gillis died?

I can't wait to read the Tommy Gillis chapter and other updates you might have!
5/4/2007 c10 7laurydory
She's back, and completely on form. Your description of the boys' antics is utterly believable. I can just see all of it transpiring. And the rude awakening, or reawakening at the end is just as accurate.

Not to mention that, no matter how many times I hear it the word whoopee will never cease to amuse me.

"What is whoopee?"

"I'll be right with you darling."

he he. Great work but it's nearly 2am so no suggestions from this tired brain. You're on your own but I have no doubt that you'll excel :)
4/30/2007 c10 16Olive Drab
Wonderful, descriptive, atmospheric, funny, thought-provoking. Love it. Had you considered "Sometimes You Hear the Bullet" for a segment?
40 Page 1 .. Last Next »